Craving for some thrilling experience on your next vacation? Then, what are you waiting for? Choose KLM Airlines as your travel partner, and explore your next destination at much lower fares. Make a KLM booking, and rest assured that you will embark on an unforgettable trip. The airline always strives to enhance its services so that customers can have a thrilling journey. Moreover, it guarantees that you will have a smile on your face after deboarding the flight. Use all its services to have a smooth journey with your near and dear ones. Book your flight tickets now to bring your travel dream to life at the earliest. Let’s talk more about airline services.
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines is based in the Netherlands, headquartered in Amstelveen, and hub at nearby Amsterdam Airport Schiphol. The airline provides incredible airfare services on domestic and international routes. KLM’s fleet includes Boeing 787-9,747-700 Combi, Boeing 787-10, Boeing 747-400ER, Airbus A330-300, and Airbus A330-200 aircraft.
Make KLM Flight Booking Online With No Extra Effort!
Unaware of the KLM reservation process? Sit on your couch, and just browse the official site of the airline to confirm your KLM flight booking in the shortest time possible. You just have to apply some simple steps to get your reservation done easily. However, many methods are available to purchase flight tickets, but this official site is the easiest to use because of its customer-friendly interface.
Steps to Confirm your KLM Airlines Bookings Online:
- Visit klm.com, and follow the necessary steps to book your flight tickets.
- Firstly, you have to choose your country. After that, a new page will open on your screen.
- Now, you will see the search engine on the homepage, where you have to add the needed details. Move further to confirm your www.klm.com booking.
- First of all, select your trip type, like one-way, multi-city, or round trip.
- Enter your travel destinations in the “departing from” and “arriving at” fields.
- Go to the “travel dates” section to mention your schedule of travel.
- Pick your preferred class of travel to have a journey as per your preferences.
- Lastly, click on the “search flights” button to fetch out the available flight options.
- Choose the flight that suits your budget.
Confirm your KLM reservations without any hassle with these simple steps.
KLM in-flight Amenities
On making a KLM flight booking, flyers can get access to incredible facilities onboard the plane on every travel class. While flying in Economy class, you will get complimentary drinks, meals, snacks, and personal entertainment options. Make a preferred seat reservation in the Economy Comfort zone for more comfort while booking tickets or check-in. In addition, download movies, music, and watch online shows with high network connectivity. Depending on the flight length, the crew members will provide sandwiches and other food items and beverages. With the help of customer services, you can also make a pre-meal selection at least an hour before departure.
KLM Travel Classes
KLM operates flights to over 800 worldwide routes and ensures top-notch facilities during the flight and additional assistance. The carrier features different travel classes, including Economy, Business, and La Premiere (First Class).
KLM Economy Class
- Flyers can make a KLM booking on Economy Class and get access to extra comfortable seats on the plane.
- Moreover, you can pick up an international newspaper and copy the Holland Herald and other magazines.
- KLM provides great quality food and alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. Moreover, you can contact the KLM customer service team to meet your dietary and religious requirements.
- Order an a la carte menu before the scheduled flight departure on international flights departing from Amsterdam.
- Most importantly, grab exclusive deals on onboard shopping selection depending on the flight length.
KLM Business Class
- Business-class travelers can enjoy an extra baggage allowance.
- Moreover, one can earn up to 175% Flying Blue miles on each trip.
- You get to sit on the World Business Class seat and sleep with peace of mind.
- KLM provides a personal entertainment system on flights.
- Get international newspapers and magazines to read.
- Passengers flying on business class can visit the KLM Crown Lounges or those of our partners.
- There is a three-course meal for flyers based on the daytime and duration of the flight.
- Last but not least, they can have in-seat power on Boeing 737-700, 800, and 900 aircraft.
KLM La Premiere (First Class)
- KLM pays extra attention and provides customized service to the passengers flying on the La Premiere class for maximum comfort.
- Get a private lounge and a cabin comprising between four and nine gently curved seats.
- Crew members provide slippers, a dust bag for the shoes, comfortable loungewear, and accessories at disposal.
- Enjoy enough storage space to keep your stuff on the plane and a seat that can become a bed.
- In addition, get direct access from your seat to the aisle irrespective of where you are sitting.
KLM Baggage Allowance Policy
- On KLM flights, travelers can carry one piece of hand baggage and one personal item at no additional cost. The items include a purse, laptop bag, or suitcase.
- All passengers must fit the carry-on bags in the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you.
- Moreover, the maximum dimensions should not extend 55 x 35 x 25 cm and weigh up to 12 kg.
- Business-class travelers can carry up to two carry-on bags and one personal item.
- If you have made a KLM booking, you are eligible to carry up to nine checked bags on the plane. Moreover, the team permits you to request an extra baggage allowance up to 24 hours before departure.
- Checked baggage allowance varies with different travel classes and your frequent membership status. For instance,
- Economy class passengers can carry one piece of a checked bag, not exceeding 23 kg and 158 cm. Moreover, take two pieces of bags when flying to the Caribbean, South America, Indian Ocean, Africa, or French Polynesia.
- On Business class, the maximum weight and size are 32 kg and 62 inches per bag.
- Flying Blue Silver, Gold, and Platinum passengers, and SkyTeam Elite and Elite Plus can carry one extra checked bag.
Overweight, Excess, and Oversize Baggage
- If you exceed the baggage limit, you will have to pay an additional baggage fee at the airport. For instance, while flying within Europe, pay between EUR 20 and EUR 70.
- The oversize and overweight baggage charges are around EUR30-240 on international flights.
- Dial the KLM phone number to contact the team to request an excess baggage allowance before departure.
Highlights of the KLM Cancellation Policy
Travelers have full flexibility to book and cancel a KLM booking anytime before departure with or without a penalty. However, the cancellation charges depend on certain factors like destination, flight length, travel class, and ticket types.
Here are the important guidelines about the KLM cancellation policy:
- Cancellations are the result of a change in trip plans. Therefore, KLM permits you to change/cancel tickets for free within 24 hours of the initial purchase.
- The 24-hour flight cancellation policy is applicable to all ticket types and travel classes. However, if you have booked a non-refundable ticket, you may not get a full refund of the canceled flights.
- After canceling the KLM flight booking within 24 hours, request the airline to initiate a refund to the original mode. But on canceling bookings after the grace period, the team will deduct the penalty and provide refunds as flight credit.
- Moreover, when KLM cancels your flight, you can request to rebook a ticket on the next available flight.
- You get compensation for the rescheduled flight, which you no longer require.
- As per the KLM cancellation policy, you don’t have to pay extra fees for canceling a ticket under unpredictable events. It includes death, medical emergencies, and court orders. While going through these situations, talk to the customer care team and request a refund.
- Most importantly, ensure that you have purchased tickets from a third party and contact them directly for assistance.
How to Cancel a KLM Booking?
It is not at all complicated to apply for the cancellation of a KLM booking. There are various ways to cancel tickets, including online or offline.
However, If you want to cancel tickets online, follow the simple steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, open the airline’s official site on your browser.
- Second, log into the account by filling in your user details.
- Enter your last name and flight reference code to retrieve the booking.
- Choose the “Manage Trip” section.
- Now, you will see your itinerary details on the screen. Select the flight you want to cancel.
- Then, hit the “Cancel Flight” button and move to the next page.
- Remember that you can’t refuse to pay the cancellation charges if you are not eligible for free cancellations.
- Finally, the KLM team will send a confirmation mail.
How Much does KLM Charge for Flight Cancellations?
KLM does not charge anything for canceling tickets as per the 24-hour policy. However, you have to pay a non-refundable fee between $100 and $500 for the flight cancellations after the grace period. At the same time, the team charges around $100 to $400 for canceling a KLM booking 24 hours before departure.
What is KLM Refund Policy?
Based on the KLM refund policy guidelines, flyers can request a refund for a holiday coupon or optional extras. Moreover, the airline provides full reimbursement for canceling tickets within 24 hours of the original booking. After generating the refund request, you have to wait for seven to ten days, depending on the ticket purchase mode. However, if the authorities reject your Visa application, pay the administrative fees and then request a refund. The cash refunds are not applicable for all tickets. Therefore, the team also provides refunds in the form of travel credits which you use to book an award flight.
How to Request a Refund of a KLM Booking?
Requesting a refund of canceled KLM booking is not at all complicated. You have to fill an online application and submit the request within a few clicks.
Follow the below simple step-by-step guide and apply for a refund seamlessly:
- To begin with the refund process, first, go to the KLM Airline’s official site.
- Afterward, move to the ticket refund page.
- You will see a form, fill in all the details and mention the valid reason for your flight cancellation.
- After that, hit the “Submit” button.
If you face trouble while submitting the refund request form, don’t hesitate to contact the KLM customer service team.
KLM Unaccompanied Minor Policy
- Based on the KLM unaccompanied minor policy, children between 5 to 14 years of age can fly alone.
- The unaccompanied service is optional for children between 15-17 years of age.
- Kids of five can only travel with an adult passenger of 18 or above.
- You can avail the minor service 24 hours in advance by dialing the KLM contact number and seeking assistance.
- Before flying, children have to fill a consent form online via the “My Trip” section on the official site.
- Unaccompanied can check-in online and collect the boarding pass from the check-in desk at the airport.
- The airline charges USD 121 for flights flying within Europe and USD 181 for direct intercontinental flights.
How to Check-in for KLM flights?
KLM passengers can do flight check-in via mobile app, online, airport kiosks, airport desk, and SkyPriority. For flights operating within the U.S, one can check-in 24 to one hour before departure. On the other hand, do check-in up to 30 to one hour before the scheduled flight departure for different flights. However, dial the KLM Customer Service USA Helpline Number +1-888-978-0366 if you have queries or need to talk to the agent.
If you want to check-in online, follow the below steps:
- First of all, go to the KLM Airlines official site.
- Second, hit the “Check-in” tab.
- Fill in your booking code, flight number, and loyalty program number
- Click on the check-in button.
- Choose your flight and move to the next page.
- Save and download your flight boarding pass and e-ticket, which you need to show to the airport’s authorities.
While check-in, flyers can book and upgrade the seat assignments, make a pre-meal selection, and request excess baggage allowance. Reach out to the KLM customer service team and ask the representative to customize your flight ticket.
KLM Manage Booking Easily!
Is there any sudden change to your itinerary? If you wish to modify your current booking, then you can use the manage KLM booking option. Changes are very normal, and KLM Airlines understands it. Therefore, it offers this beneficial facility to make sure that passengers have a smooth travel experience. Moreover, you can apply all changes through this option, such as adding baggage, canceling a flight, selecting a seat, asking for a trip receipt, etc. Use the “KLM manage booking” option, and modify your reservation as per your convenience.
Procedure to Alter Your KLM Booking
- Open the official website of KLM Airlines.
- Choose the “My Trip” option located at the top of the homepage. Apply a click on it.
- After that, add your booking code in the given field.
- Now, insert your last name and click on the “search” tab.
- Many options will come to your screen, and you can choose the option according to the notifications you need.
On this website, you can even find KLM contact details to get in touch with the airline agent.
How to Book KLM Flight?
Choosing a seat in advance can help you in many ways. You must prefer to book your seats in advance to ensure sitting with your friends or family.
- Go to the managed KLM booking section by following the same steps, and pick your seat easily.
- Open the seat map, and explore the availability of seats.
- If your favorite seat is available, book it without wasting any further time. Moreover, you can avail expert guidance regarding this process.
How to Book a KLM Award Ticket?
If you are a member of the loyalty program of the airline, then you can use your miles to book your award ticket.
- If you are eyeing an incredible journey, then get the award ticket for yourself. Check out the available number of miles in your account to make a KLM booking within no time.
- The number of needed miles will depend upon the destination, origin, and flight date. Please note that one can’t use his miles to pay for carrier charges and texas.
Should I Book Through KLM or Delta?
However, Delta Airlines is counted as one of the best airlines because of its services, but it is also true that fares are very high. If you are looking for an airline that gives exceptional amenities at low fares, then KLM is an idyllic choice for you. You must opt for the KLM flight booking option to have the journey of your choice.
KLM Booking FAQs
How Far in Advance Can I Book a KLM Flight?
KLM.com accepts reservations up to 11 months in advance of departure. All flights, including special offers and flights offered by our partners, are available at a glance. One-way, round-trip, and multi-destination flights are available; you may even fly back from or to a different location.
Do I Need a Covid Test to Fly KLM?
You must present one COVID-19 NAAT (PCR) test result that is negative. This must be based on a sample taken no more than 72 hours before your departure to the Netherlands. In the Netherlands, you must stay in quarantine for ten days. This is equally true if you have been immunized.
How Many Times Can I Change a KLM Flight?
With KLM’s Flexibility service, Light or Standard ticket holders can: Change flights up to three times—up to 48 hours before departure—at no additional cost. Within Europe, you can change your travel date, time, and destination at no extra cost.
What Happens If KLM Cancels my Flight?
You can opt for postponing your travel to a later date (depending on availability) if your flight is canceled or delayed for more than 3 hours. We will also issue you a refund, which you can request on KLM.com (Fill out a refund form on our Customer service website) or through your travel agent in just a few clicks.
Can I Cancel a KLM Flight within 24 Hours?
If your plans change or your mind changes within 24 hours, you can cancel your reservation, and we will refund your money. We won’t even charge you our regular admin fee. You can also select to take an option on a flight and cost for a modest fee.
How do I Speak to a Live Person at KLM Airlines?
Customer service at KLM +1-888-978-0366 is the phone number to call. From Monday to Sunday, from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. EST, live customer care is available. Call 1-866-434-0320 to make a flight ticket change or to buy a ticket for immediate travel.
How Late Can You Reschedule a Flight?
According to the most common policy implemented by the main airlines, a passenger has the right to change flights up to 24 hours before the scheduled departure time.
Can I Cancel my KLM Flight and Get a Refund?
Even if the airline cancels the flight, KLM does not currently issue refunds on non-refundable tickets. It is instead offering “a refund in the shape of a travel voucher” as an alternative.
How do I Get a Refund for a Cancelled Flight?
If your flight is canceled and you were not told 14 days before departure, you are entitled to a new flight(s) to your final destination or, if you are unable to find a flight that meets your needs when rebooking, you may contact your airline and request a full refund of your cost.
Does KLM Require a Transit Visa?
For some travelers connecting to the United Kingdom, Air France-KLM has stated that an airport transit visa (ATV) will be required. As a result, people from certain African and Asian nations will need an ATV and their UK visas to transit through France or the Netherlands.