Flight cancellations may be aggravating and costly, but they don’t have to be. If you do some research on cancellation costs before purchasing your ticket, you can save time and money if you need to cancel it.
If you’ve booked a ticket with Alaska Airlines or intend to do so soon, here’s everything you need to know about Alaska airlines cancellation policy and how it could relate to your Alaska airlines booking.
Alaska Airlines Cancellation Policy
Once the 24-hour deadline has passed, Flyers will not be able to cancel a Saver fare.
Main Cabin Fares
The Airline will not charge travelers a fee if they cancel a Main Cabin fare so that you can do so without penalty.
If a passenger cancels a Main Cabin fare, they can easily do it as their will be no application of charges. Therefore, you can do so without cost.
Airline do not ask for any cancellation fee, if flyer cancel an award ticket. This means they may cancel an Award Ticket without incurring any fees.
Here are some of the most important factors to consider when it comes to Alaska Airlines’ flight cancellation policy. Keep in mind that the Alaska Airlines cancellation policy also demands the following:
- You must cancel your ticket prior to the departure of your flight.
- If you are not eligible for a refund, you may cancel your reservation and use the equivalent amount against future travel.
- In case, you bought your ticket from a third party, you must contact them directly to cancel it.
- If you have purchased your tickets with cash then you will receive a refund within 20 business days. Credit card payments process time requires seven business days, although it may take up to 14 days for the funds to appear in your account.
- Refunds on paper tickets will be physically examined, so bring your ticket to the place from where it has been purchased or mail it to the official address.
- Only Alaska Airlines tickets are eligible for Peace of Mind waivers, which are identifiable by a 13-digit ticket number that begins with 027.
Alaska Airlines 24-Hour Cancellation Policy
Any Alaska Airlines flight ticket can be canceled for a full refund within 24 hours of purchase if your travel time begins more than 24 hours after purchase. This regulation does not apply to discounted fares.
It’s crucial to remember that the 24-hour cancellation policy is only valid to tickets purchased for travel beginning more than 24 hours after purchase.
If you cancel a ticket within 24 hours of departure, you will be charged a cancellation fee.
To guarantee that you receive your refund, the Airline will send the refund to the same payment method you used to make it, i.e., your credit card.
Fee for Alaska airlines cancel flight.
You will be charged a USD 125 cancellation fee if you cancel your Alaska Airlines plane ticket less than 24 hours before departure.
Alaska Airlines Refund Policy
To be eligible for an Alaska airlines refund or credit, reservations must :
- You must issue the ticket either from the airline website/ airline reservation center/ airline ticket counter.
- Should not contain saver fare after the first 24 hours of booking.
- Do not have a government fare.
- It must be within one year of the original purchase date or within one year of the original outward travel date for partially used tickets.
- The booking must not be part of a group or a vacation package.
- No unaccompanied minors booked on any other airline except Alaska Airlines.
- You should buy tickets in US $.
A refund is available on refundable reservations that meet the aforementioned criteria as per Alaska airlines flight cancellation policy.
If you cancel your ticket within 24 hours of purchase then all your Non- refundable bookings including Saver prices will get refund to original source. You can contact the Airline for more information on the Alaska Airlines refund policy or 24-hour cancellation policy. Alaska Airlines Español desk is available at each moment of the day.
For non-refundable tickets, the credit certificate will issue after the first 24 hours. Any appropriate change fees will be compensated with credit certificates of deposits.
Even if you are not eligible for an online refund or credit, you can still cancel your reservation online.
How to Get Your Alaska Airlines Flight Cancelled
Here are the steps you can use to cancel your Alaska airlines booking.
Via phone call:
In order to cancel your ticket via call
- Firstly, you need to dial +1-860-321-6827.
- Then you will have to follow the instructions stated by the automated phone machine.
- Lastly, once connected with the live person, you can request for cancellation.
Note: The number displayed above is toll-free. You can reach them 24/7 if you reside within the USA and Canada.
- Firstly, Visit the official airline website
- Then, click on the tab labeled “Manage Trip.”
- Next, fill in all the required information, like your last name and ten-digit e-ticket number.
- Then, press continue
Lastly, select the flight you want to cancel and press Alaska airlines cancel flight.