JetBlue Cancellation Policy & Refund
JetBlue Airways has received a three-star rating for the quality of its airport and onboard products, as well as its personnel service. Seats, facilities, food and beverages, in-flight entertainment (IFE), cleanliness, and other characteristics of the product are all assessed. In addition, both cabin and ground crew service is graded. JetBlue cancellation policy has been altered as a result of COVID-19.
As per the recent modifications and JetBlue’s cancellation policy, you can freely swap or cancel any flight ticket that has been purchased up to June 7, 2023 (even non-refundable tickets).
If you’ve booked a trip with JetBlue and are wondering how to deal with cancellations and refunds, you’ve come to the correct spot. Scroll down to know more about JetBlue flight cancellation policy and JetBlue refund policy.
JetBlue Flight Cancellation Policy
- If you cancel at least one day before your departure date, you will not be charged a cancellation fee for Blue, Blue Plus, Blue Extra, and Mint tickets.
- Cancellation costs will apply to basic blue fares for flights inside the United States, the Caribbean, Mexico, and Central America are all priced at $100, and all other flights will cost USD 200.
- JetBlue Customer executive will impose a non-refundable fee of USD 25 for cancellations made by phone. In addition to the relevant cancellation costs, this fee will be assessed (if any). But if you cancel online at JetBlue.com, you’ll be able to avoid paying this surcharge.
- Travelers can use JetBlue Travel Credits for future travel on JetBlue flights if they cancel a non-refundable ticket (typically within 12 months). Your Travel Bank account has the information.
- If you made a reservation through a third party, contact them directly for assistance with cancellation.
- If you cancel by phone through JetBlue Customer representative, you will be charged a USD 25 non-refundable cost. This will be charged in addition to any JetBlue cancellation fees that may apply (if any). You can avoid this cost by canceling your flight online at JetBlue.com.
- If you cancel a non-refundable fare, the amount of the fare will be stored as a JetBlue Travel Credit that can be used for future JetBlue travel (typically within 12 months). You can get the information from your Travel Bank account.
- If you made your reservation through a third party, you must contact them directly for JetBlue ticket cancellation help.
JetBlue 24-Hour Cancellation Policy
Tickets bought seven days or more before departure can be canceled within 24 hours after purchase without incurring a cost. Tickets of all sorts, including non-refundable tickets, are subject to this policy, except for those booked via JetBlue Vacations.
Here are a few of the policies when it comes to JetBlue 24 Cancellation Policy:
- Passengers can get a full refund if they cancel their tickets according to the 24-Hour Cancellation Policy’s terms and conditions.
- If a JetBlue ticket cancellation is done before the 24-hour period has passed, the traveler is not charged a cancellation fee.
Conditions for JetBlue 24 Hours Cancellation Policy:
- The flight departure date must be seven days or more distant from the date of cancellation.
- If a passenger cancels a ticket after 24 hours, the JetBlue airline will incur a cost ranging from $75 to $200.
- To be eligible for a refund, the traveler must purchase a refundable ticket. But have no fear, JetBlue 24-hour cancellation policy applies to both refundable and non-refundable tickets.
On JetBlue.com or by phone, you can cancel your reservation at any time throughout the 24 hours.
JetBlue Cancellation Policy for Award Tickets
After a flight cancellation, the airline will return your TrueBlue points to your account.
JetBlue Cancellation Policy for Government or Military Personnel
Employees on special fares, such as government workers and military people, can cancel their flights without penalty, even if they don’t show up for the trip.
How to Cancel Your JetBlue Flight Booking?
You have the following options for canceling your JetBlue flight reservation:
- Tickets purchased through JetBlue’s website, mobile app, ticket counter, or contact center are subject to the following restrictions:
- “Manage Trips” is available on JetBlue.com. By following the directions, you can retrieve your flight reservation, choose it, and cancel it.
- Call +1-844-903-1897 or 1-800-JETBLUE for further information.
- If you bought your tickets from a travel agent, you should contact them directly.
- Contact TrueBlue directly for prize tickets.
JetBlue Cancellation Tips
To cancel a JetBlue flight over the phone, you’ll need to know the following:
- Number of confirmations
- Number of the flight
- The date(s) on which you’ll be traveling
- Passenger data, such as date of birth, contact information, and so on.
You’ll need to enter the following information to avail of the JetBlue cancel flight policy online:
- Code of confirmation
- Your surname is
- Your origin and destination cities
So this was all about how to cancel your JetBlue flight booking
JetBlue Flight Same-day Change & Standby
For a flat cost of $75, JetBlue passengers can make a confirmed same-day swap (no fare difference applies). Only on the day of travel, commencing at midnight in the time zone of your leaving flight, may you make a same-day move.
- Only cities with numerous flights per day can use the same-day swap option.
JetBlue Flight Cancellation Policy for Refundable Tickets
Refundable tickets are more expensive, but they provide you more flexibility in your plans. Any refundable ticket can be canceled with JetBlue and you will get a full refund back to your original payment method, rather than a travel credit, according to JetBlue airlines cancellation policy.
JetBlue Same-day Flight Change Details
- All fare options are eligible for the same-day switch.
- You have the option of changing your flight to an earlier or later flight on the same day as your original flight.
- You must travel between the same city pairs or into or out of adjacent airports, if appropriate (see Different airport options).
- A same-day move is only available on the same calendar day as your originally scheduled departure and begins at midnight in the time zone of your leaving flight.
- Customers who book through Mosaic do not incur a same-day switch fee and can change their flight up to 24 hours before the scheduled departure time.
- A same-day changeover fee is not charged to customers who have refundable fares.
- Same-day switches are available for TrueBlue redemption bookings.
- Depending on the conditions and achieving the minimum connection timings, interline bookings may be eligible for same-day swaps. JetBlue is the sole way to make same-day changes to interline bookings.
Standby travel is subject to seat availability, is not guaranteed, and may incur an extra $75 fee depending on your fare (no fare difference applies).
You must have, by now, booked a JetBlue ticket to travel standby. On the same calendar day as your confirmed scheduled departure, you may mark standby on any taken away (sold-out) flight between the same locations.
JetBlue Standby Details
- For all prices except Blue Extra, there is a $75 charge to list standby. This cost is refundable if your standby flight is not confirmed.
- You can put your name down for standby at the airport before your original flight. Online or over the phone, standby travel cannot be booked.
- Customers having several flights in a city can only travel standby on the same day. Customers leaving from cities with only one flight per day are not eligible for standby.
- If you opt to travel standby after purchasing an Even More® Space seat, you will forfeit the seat cost and will not be eligible for a refund.
- Customers who purchase a Mint ticket may opt to travel standby, but the Mint seat is not guaranteed and will only be provided if space is available. If a core seat is assigned, the $75 cost will apply, and there will be no reimbursement of the Mint experience.
- Please keep in mind that only one passenger per reservation needs to be at the airport to be added to the standby list. To check-in, though, each person must be present.
- Customers who purchased a Mosaic ticket or who have a refundable price will not be charged a fee to list standby.
- Travelers on JetBlue’s Blue, Blue Plus, and Mint flights will not be charged any cancellation fees or change or if the change is made prior to the day of travel, and only the fare difference will be charged.
JetBlue Cancellation Policy for Mosaic Members
Elite-level members (save for Blue Mosaic) are allowed to cancel any non-refundable ticket free of charge before departure under JetBlue airlines cancellation policy. Either fly 30 flight segments and earn 12k or 15k flight points in a calendar year to attain mosaic status.
As per JetBlue cancel flight policy, cancellations made before departure by Blue Mosaic status members will lose all fees (excluding Extras).
JetBlue No-Show Policy
In the event that you do not cancel a non-refundable flight segment before departure, you will lose all of your money unless you are traveling on a government or military ticket. As well as additional costs for excess luggage (e.g., Even More Space, Even More Speed).
JetBlue Cancellation Policy Due to Cancelled Flights
There are several options if JetBlue cancels your flight for whatever reason:
- JetBlue Travel Bank Credit is available.
- Therefore, Take the next available flight at no additional cost.
- So, the entire amount of your refund will be given if your flight cannot be rescheduled within two hours.
As a passenger, you are entitled to compensation if JetBlue cancels your flight within four hours of its planned departure time. If the flight is canceled within 4 hours of departure, the compensation is USD 50. If the flight is canceled after the scheduled departure time, the compensation is USD 100 in a JetBlue cancellation refund.
JetBlue Cancellation Refund Policy
- If you purchased a refundable ticket, you can cancel your ticket at any time up until the date of departure and get a full refund in the original method of payment if you booked a non-refundable ticket.
- The airline would take the cancellation charge from the original fare if a non-refundable ticket were bought and canceled.
- In the event that a ticket is canceled within 24 hours after booking, the original payment method will be refunded in full.
JetBlue Airways Cancellation FAQs
See More JetBlue Posts:
- JetBlue Vacations Deals
- JetBlue Flights to Las Vegas
- Cancel a JetBlue flight Booked with Points
- JetBlue Infant Policy
- Login to JetBlue Travel Bank Account
- JetBlue Missed Flight
- How do I Talk to a JetBlue Representative?
- How to Upgrade Seat on JetBlue?
Other Related Cancellation Policies:
- Allegiant Air Cancellation Policy
- Delta Cancellation Policy
- Aeromexico Cancellation Policy
- Air Canada Cancellation Policy
- Alaska Airlines Cancellation Policy
JetBlue Cancellations Review :