WestJet Flight Cancellation Policy
If you are searching for WestJet cancellation Policy, you are in the right place as you will get a lot of information here.
WestJet Airlines is a Canadian airline, founded in 1996 and operates in more than 25 countries across the world. The airline has a fleet of 184 aircraft and is known to serve both domestic and international destinations. It also provides quality services to its passengers and other facilities that make flying on WestJet a mention-worthy experience.
However, due to unavoidable circumstances, your flight can get canceled at any moment. When there is any unpredictable situation like a change in weather condition or any air traffic delays or a strike, your flight might get canceled. However, you shouldn’t be bothered by cancellations as you are liable to get compensation if WestJet cancels a flight due to unavoidable situations like bad weather, thunderstorms, etc.
How to cancel a WestJet flight online?
If you are looking for a WestJet ticket cancellation, you need to go through the following steps.
- The first step you need to follow is to visit the official website of WestJet Airlines.
- After you reach the page, you need to go to the Manage and Plan tab where you can see a drop-down menu appears.
- You have to select flights from the options provided by the Drop-down menu that you will get under the Manage Trips option.
- After you select the flights, you have to enter the reservation code, your last name, and then enter the Search option.
- After that, you have to go to the managed booking page and then you have to choose the Cancel Flight option.
- Moreover, you need to follow the instructions visible on the screen and complete the process of WestJet flight cancellation.
One can also contact the WestJet Cancellation help desk and cancel their booking. You can also do it by informing a customer agent present at one of the airport ticket counters.
At times, a passenger might have to pay the WestJet cancellation fee while cancelling a flight. So, one must be thorough with the WestJet cancellation policy before making any flight cancellation.
WestJet Cancellation policy
Here are the policies that one must know before a WestJet reservations flight.
- If a passenger cancels his WestJet Airlines flight within 24 hours of his/her booking, then he or she would not have to pay the WestJet ticket cancellation fee.
- Moreover, if you make your cancellation within 24 hours of booking the ticket but your date of departure is less than 7 days, in that case, you will have to pay the cancellation charges for cancelling your flight.
- The refund policies set by the WestJet Airlines depend upon the type of ticket you have purchased and the routes that you have chosen which may differ for different routes.
You can avail the WestJet change and cancel credits till 1 year from the date it has been issued and can also transfer them. You will be eligible to accept credits in the form of payment made on bookings through a travel agent. It is suggested that you should always confirm every detail on how your credits are handled by your travel agency before booking.
24 hours Change/cancellation Policy
Any changes that are made within 24 hrs. of your original booking will be subjected to any difference in fare. Similarly, if you make any cancellation within 24 hours of your original booking, you will get a refund of the full flight fare in the original form of payment. However, if your flight is scheduled to depart within 24 hours from the time of booking i.e. you have a same-day flight, then you need to pay WestJet Cancellation fee, and you will be liable to get a refund in your Travel bank.
If you have purchased a non-refundable fare, you can cancel a flight or make any changes within the time span of 24 hrs. from booking your flight and you don’t need to pay the WestJet Cancellation fee for it. If you cancel a flight or make any changes after 24hrs. of the original booking, you will have to bear the cancellation or change fees. If you want to change your travel itinerary within 24 hours of the departure of your flight, you are allowed to do it on the same day, provided your arrival and departure airports are similar to that of your original booking.
If you have purchased a refundable fare, you can make changes in the travel itinerary till 24 hrs. prior to the departure of your flight. If you are allowed to make changes after the flight has departed, you can also make changes in the time of the flight that is departing on the same day having the same origin and the destination like the original booking.
So, the next time you book a flight with WestJet, keep these policies in mind so that you do not have to face any problem while cancelling your flights.