WestJet Flight Cancellation Policy
If you are searching for WestJet flight cancellation Policy, you are in the right place as you will get a lot of information here.
WestJet Airlines is a Canadian airline, founded in 1996 and operates in more than 25 countries across the world. The airline has a fleet of 184 aircraft and is known to serve both domestic and international destinations. It also provides quality services to its passengers and other facilities that make flying on WestJet a mention-worthy experience.
However, due to unavoidable circumstances, your flight can get canceled at any moment. When there is any unpredictable situation like a change in weather condition or any air traffic delays or a strike. Then your flight might get canceled. However, you shouldn’t be bothered by cancellations as you are liable to get compensation if WestJet cancels a flight due to unavoidable situations like bad weather, thunderstorms, etc.
How to Cancel a WestJet Flight Online?
If you are looking for a WestJet ticket cancellation, you need to go through the following steps.
- The first step you need to follow is to visit the official website of WestJet Airlines.
- After you reach the page, you need to go to the Manage and Plan tab. Where you can see a drop-down menu appears.
- You have to select flights from the options provided by the Drop-down menu that you will get under the Manage Trips option.
- After you select the flights, you have to enter the reservation code. Then your last name, and lastly enter the Search option.
- After that, you have to go to the managed booking page. And then you have to choose the Cancel Flight option.
- Moreover, you need to follow the instructions visible on the screen and complete the process of WestJet flight cancellation.
One can also contact the WestJet Cancellation help desk and cancel their booking. You can also do it by informing a customer agent present at one of the airport ticket counters.
At times, a passenger might have to pay the WestJet cancellation fee while cancelling a flight. So, one must be thorough with the WestJet cancellation policy before making any flight cancellation.
WestJet Cancellation Policy
Here are the policies that one must know before a WestJet reservations flight.
- If a passenger cancels his WestJet Airlines flight within 24 hours of his/her booking, then he or she would not have to pay the WestJet ticket cancellation fee.
- Moreover, if you make your cancellation within 24 hours of booking the ticket but your date of departure is less than 7 days. In that case, you will have to pay the cancellation charges for cancelling your flight.
- The refund policies set by WestJet Airlines depend upon the type of ticket you have purchased. And the routes that you have chosen which may differ for different routes.
You can avail the WestJet change and cancel credits till 1 year from the date it has been issued and can also transfer them. You will be eligible to accept credits in the form of payment made on bookings through a travel agent. It is suggested that you should always confirm every detail on how your credits are handled by your travel agency before booking.
WestJet 24 Hours Cancellation/Change Policy
Any changes that are made within 24 hrs. of your original booking will be subjected to any difference in fare. Similarly, if you make any cancellation within 24 hours of your original booking, you will get a refund of the full flight fare in the original form of payment. However, if your flight is scheduled to depart within 24 hours from the time of booking i.e. you have a same-day flight, then you need to pay WestJet Cancellation fee, and you will be liable to get a refund in your Travel bank.
If you have purchased a non-refundable fare, you can cancel a flight or make any changes within the time span of 24 hrs. from booking your flight and you don’t need to pay the WestJet Cancellation fee for it. In case, If you cancel a flight or make any changes after 24hrs. of the original booking, you will have to bear the cancellation or change fees. If you want to change your travel itinerary within 24 hours of the departure of your flight, you are allowed to do it on the same day, provided your arrival and departure airports are similar to that of your original booking.
If you have purchased a refundable fare, you can make changes in the travel itinerary till 24 hrs. prior to the departure of your flight. If you are allowed to make changes after the flight has departed, you can also make changes in the time of the flight that is departing on the same day having the same origin and the destination like the original booking.
So, the next time you book a flight with WestJet, keep these policies in mind. So that you do not have to face any problem while cancelling your flights.
What is WestJet Cancellation Policy?
- According to the WestJet cancellation refund policy, travelers who want a full refund from the airline must cancel within the first twenty-four (24) hours of receiving their ticket confirmation. Passengers must pay a cancellation fee if they cancel after this time has passed, regardless of the fare type paid, the destination of the voyage, or the time of cancellation. After deducting the cancellation charge, the refund is only triggered in the passenger’s bank account (if any).
- Passengers do not need to be concerned about bank account refunds. Because they will be returned to the same account used to make the reservation. Passengers who cancel their Econo Flex or Econo, Business Flex, or Premium Flex ticket after the designated time period of 24 hours. They will be charged a cancellation fee by WestJet Airlines. The refunds will be paid only once the cancellation fee has been deducted from the passenger’s account. According to WestJet’s cancellation refund policy, travelers who purchase Basic Fares tickets will not be eligible for a return.
- WestJet Airlines offers a refund insurance program that helps passengers secure their refund amounts. The refund amount will be credited to the corresponding bank account within three to five (3 to 5) business days with the help of this insurance. Passengers who purchase an Econo ticket or Econo Flex will receive just a travel credit, not a refund. The travel credit can be applied to any purchase made by the traveler in the future. When booking a WestJet Airlines flight, the airline recommends selecting an Econo Flex, Premium Flex, or Business Flex ticket.
How Can I Cancel a WestJet Flight Online?
If you don’t know how to cancel a WestJet flight online? you can use the methods outlined below to cancel your WestJet Airlines reservations:
- The initial step in the method is to go to WestJet Airlines’ official website.
- Once you’ve arrived at WestJet Airlines’ official website, look for the tab labeled “Manage and Plan.”
- You must tap the drop-down arrow on the “Manage and Plan” after you see it.
- You must select the flight that you want to cancel from the list that appears on the screen. Under the Manage Trips option.
- After you’ve chosen the flight to be canceled, enter the reservation number. And the passenger’s last name, and then click the Search button.
- To proceed, go to the Manage Booking page and select Cancel Flight from the drop-down menu.
- You must follow the on-screen instructions on the WestJet flight cancellation website to ensure that you cancel the flight successfully.
- If you have any questions about WestJet’s cancellation policy, please visit their official website or call them at +1-855-568-1951.
What is the WestJet Cancellation Fee?
The cancellation fees charged by WestJet are determined by a number of factors, including the trip destination, the period between the cancellation and flight departure. And the kind of price held by the passenger, the time of cancellation. And the number of tickets selected for cancellation, and more. Take a look at the following to learn more about the WestJet cancellation fee:
- Passengers who have purchased an Econo ticket must pay a cancellation fee of around 50 to 59 CAD.
- If traveling within Canada, travelers who have purchased an Econo Flex ticket will pay about 25 to 30 CAD.
- Passengers with a Business Flex ticket must pay a WestJet cancellation fee of around 100 to 118 CAD.
- Passengers who have purchased a Premium ticket must pay a cancellation fee of around 50 to 59 CAD.
- Please keep in mind that, according to WestJet’s cancellation policy, the cancellation cost for travelers flying to Europe is substantially different.
- If you have any questions about the WestJet cancellation fee, you can reach out to a WestJet representative at +1-860-498-9674.