Cathay Pacific Airways is a popular carrier based in Hong Kong, having the main hub at Hong Kong International Airport. Moreover, the airline offers passenger and cargo services to more than 190 destinations in around 60 countries. The fleet size consists of Airbus A320, A321, A321 neo, A330, A350, and Boeing 777 aircraft. In addition, the flag carrier is the founding member of the Oneworld alliance. Travelers can make a Cathay pacific booking on the official site or on the phone call and enjoy premium amenities.
Travel Classes on Cathay Pacific Airways
Cathay Pacific operates four different travel classes, including First, Business, Premium Economy, and Economy. No matter what class you book, the team will ensure maximum comfort and complete safety during the trip.
- Economy – Economy class is the best travel option for budget-friendly trips, offering seats with a great degree of movement. Moreover, there is a six-inch of recline for sleeping with peace of mind; enjoy more space around the cabin area.
- Premium Economy – The seats are very spacious and cozy on Premium Economy with 26 to 34 seats on the plane. Moreover, they have extra legroom and eight inches of recline, making it comfortable for sleeping and resting.
- Business Class – When flying in Business class, you will notice that seats are configured with two pre-set settings. Additionally, there is a touch button for more privacy or a side seat to talk with companions on the flight. One can also enjoy a fully-flat bed to sleep comfortably throughout the journey.
- First Class – The seats on the first-class are made with comfortable fabrics and soft leather seats. Moreover, you can adjust them with 4.3 touch screen controllers.
In-flight Amenities on Cathay Pacific Airways
Passengers with Cathay pacific reservations can get access to award-winning hospitality services and complimentary food and drinks. The airline also gives free champagne and amazing multi-course made by top chefs. Moreover, if you have special dietary needs, make a pre-meal selection at least 24 hours before the scheduled flight departure. In addition, the in-flight entertainment system provides personal screens and Audio videos on medium or long-haul flights.
Methods of Cathay Pacific Booking
Travelers can make Cathay pacific reservations at maximum convenience through a phone call or at the official site. However, online booking is much easier than buying tickets at the airport. After that, one can enjoy top-notch services onboard the plane irrespective of the travel class.
By following the below steps, you can make Cathay pacific reservations at your fingertips.
- First of all, navigate the airline’s official site and log into your account.
- Second, choose your travel type from one-way, round, or multi-city trips.
- Now choose the arrival and departure cities and date of the travel.
- Mention the number of passengers traveling and keep them in different categories agewise.
- Click on the “Search” button on the booking page.
- From the available flights, choose the best option and confirm your tickets.
- Apply the travel voucher or a coupon code if you have any while making the final payment.
- When the payment is complete, the airline will send a confirmation mail with the reference code of six digits.
However, if you are not able to purchase online tickets, feel free to contact the booking team for additional help. Dial Cathay pacific contact number +1-860-498-9674 and request the representative to make a booking on your behalf.
Make Group Flight Reservations on Cathay Pacific Airlines
Cathay Pacific Airways allows passengers to book flight tickets for a group of ten or more people on the same flight. Moreover, the airline offers the best services at reasonable fares for the entire group. One can make a Cathay Pacific booking under group travel by following these simple steps.
- You need to head to the airline’s official site to make group flight reservations.
- You can also log into your account with the right username and password details.
- Now move to the group booking tab and select from one-way, round, or multi-city trips.
- Select your desired destination as per your travel plans.
- Move to the date and time and fill out your trip details like your name, travel dates, and contact number.
- Mention the total number of passengers on the specific column.
- Now click on the “Search” button.
- Now choose the flight that best suits your travel preferences and move to the payment page.
- Once you complete the booking process, you will receive a confirmation mail from the team.
Guidelines on the Flight Change Policy of Cathay Pacific Airlines
There are two ways to make ticket upgrades, including online and offline. Suppose you have booked flights on the airline’s official site, mobile app, or airport ticket counter. In that case, you can easily make changes on the “Manage Booking” page and follow the on-screen instructions. Passengers can make unlimited itinerary changes for free within 24 hours of the initial booking.
- As per the Cathay Pacific flight change policy, passengers can make free changes within 24 hours of the actual purchase. However, the airline imposes an extra fee for flight changes made after the grace period.
- Moreover, the airline holds the right to change the flight’s schedule, including seasonal changes and time changes.
- The policy allows you to change the date, time, or route on the ticket before departure. Moreover, you can make seat upgrades and request additional services per the travel plans.
How to Change a Cathay Pacific Booking?
Travelers can make changes after making a Cathay Pacific reservation anytime before departure. Moreover, there are no charges for changing a flight ticket within 24 hours of the initial ticket purchase. There are two ways to make itinerary changes, including online or offline.
If you are willing to make changes to your booking, follow the below steps.
- To change a flight ticket online, visit the airline’s official site.
- Now, move to the manage booking tab.
- Then you have to enter your last name and ticket confirmation code.
- Choose the flight you want to modify as per your travel plans.
- After making the desired changes to the ticket, click on the “Change Flight” button.
- If you are not eligible for free flight changes, you have to pay the penalty.
- In the end, the airline will drop a confirmation mail of the flight change.
You can reach out to the airline’s customer service team and dial the Cathay Pacific phone number. Furthermore, an expert will help you make changes without any inconvenience from your end.
What is Cathay Pacific Cancellation Policy?
Cathay Pacific has a seamless and flexible cancellation policy, allowing passengers to cancel trips anytime. Moreover, anyone can make online upgrades by visiting the manage booking page and following the on-screen instructions.
Here are a few important things that you must know about the airline’s cancellation policy
- If a passenger fails to cancel tickets within the risk-free period, they have to pay the non-refundable charges.
- You have to pay $150 for canceling unused tickets as per the policy. However, if your ticket is expired, the cancellation fee is USD 200.
- Moreover, the policy does not cover the reservations in the Economy class.
- Suppose the airline informs you 14 days before the flight departure. You are not applicable for compensation.
- Moreover, there are no refunds for no-shows on the departure day.
Process of Canceling a Cathay Pacific Reservations
Passengers can follow the step-by-step guide to apply for online flight cancellation requests.
- First of all, head to the Cathay pacific official site and choose the “Manage Booking” section.
- On the following page, enter your last name and ticket booking code.
- Choose the flight you want to cancel.
- Click on the “Cancel Flight” button.
- Once your flight is canceled, pay the cancellation fees based on the flight cancellation policy.
Cancel Cathay Pacific Reservations over a Phone Call
Sometimes, you may face trouble while canceling tickets online. Therefore, the airline provides another way to customize tickets, including canceling tickets over the phone call. Visit the airline’s official site, dial the toll-free helpline number +1-860-498-9674, and get through the Cathay pacific customer service team. Once connected, request the executive to help you in canceling tickets before departure.
Ticket Refund Policy of Cathay Pacific Airways
- According to the refund policy, passengers can claim a full refund for canceling tickets within 24 hours of booking.
- The airline provides refunds for canceling a Cathay pacific booking within 7 to 20 working days.
- In addition, unused tickets are applicable for a full refund up to two years from the point of purchase.
- One can request the transfer of unused ticket value to a credit card.
Cathay Pacific Airways Baggage Allowance Policy
When flying on Cathay Pacific flights, passengers can take one carry-on bag and a personal item onboard the plane. However, the baggage should meet the weight and size requirements.
- Business passengers can carry one piece of the carry-on bag, which must not exceed 10 kg.
- While first-class flyers may also carry one piece of the carry-on bag with a maximum weight limit of 15 kg.
- No carry-on bag should go beyond 23 x 36 x 56 cm. Otherwise, the airline will consider the bags as overweight luggage.
- In Economy and Premium Economy passengers can carry a piece of baggage. The maximum size should not exceed 7 kg.
- Cathay Pacific allows a wide range of sports equipment and special baggage allowance on flights. However, some items are considered overweight or oversized luggage.
Seat Selection Procedure on Cathay Pacific Airways
The seat selection fee in Economy Supersaver tickets ranges between USD 8-43 per seat based on your route and destination. Moreover, it requires an extra cost depending on the seat one chooses, ticket type, and trip destination. Passengers can choose preferred seats while making a Cathay pacific booking or during check-in 24 hours before departure.
Eligibility to Reserve a Seat
- The choice of your seat depends on the seat’s availability on Cathay flights. Macro Polo Club Diamond, Gold, or Silver members may reserve a regular seat for free in the flight booking.
- Moreover, Oneworld Ruby members may get a seat at no additional cost.
- Economy passengers with fare classes like Y, B, H, K, M, L, and V can book seats in advance for free.
- If your special passenger needs are confirmed by the airline, you are not eligible to make an online seat reservation. However, you have to fill out a special assistance request form up to 48 before departure, requesting the desired seat.