Southwest Airlines Cancellation Policy
Today, traveling by air has become one of the world’s most popular options for people in different modes of travel. The majority of people think that it is the safest way to travel somewhere. However, one reason due to which some people do not opt to travel by flights is high cancellation charges. People who want to avoid those high cancellation charges should choose to travel by Southwest Airlines. But before that, learn about Southwest cancellation policy.
Southwest is the world’s largest low-cost air carrier scheduling flights to 101 destinations in 41 countries. The airline tries its best to provide satisfactory and convenient services to passengers.
Rules and Regulations on Southwest Airlines Cancellation Policy
At Southwest Airlines, travelers can get flexible options to change or cancel a flight ticket without any inconvenience. Moreover, the airline also permits them to change the ticket information for free. But one has to meet the 24-hour flight cancellation requirements.
Here are some important guidelines that one has to follow while canceling a ticket –
- No cancellation fees shall apply on canceling a Southwest Airlines booking within 24 hours of the purchase.
- The airline provides three fares, including Wanna Get Away, Business Select, and Anytime fares. Moreover, Wanna Get Away fares are reusable but not refundable. On the other hand, Anytime and Business Select fares are completely refundable and reusable.
- Suppose you cancel a flight booked with fare points. The team will transfer the value to the account from where the tickets were booked.
Southwest Airlines Flight Cancellation Charges
Generally, there is no extra fee for canceling Southwest Airlines reservations within 24 hours of the point of purchase. However, when you cancel flights after the grace period, the airline charges USD 200. Remember that the cancellation fee is non-refundable is applicable to all ticket types. Also, if you rebook a flight and the new fare is expensive, you have to pay the fare difference.
How to Cancel a Ticket on Southwest Airlines?
Passengers who have reserved a ticket on the flight, but now there is a slight change in the plan and won’t be able to make it on the flight. So, you can cancel the Southwest Airlines tickets. If you need help to cancel your flight booking, call on Southwest Airlines phone number to cancel tickets and get an expert’s assistance. However, follow these steps to cancel the flight tickets:
- Go to the official website of Southwest Airlines and log in by entering the correct username and password.
- Go to the Cancel flight reservation page.
- Enter the Name on the flight ticket.
- Click on Continue. Then enter the ticket number and follow the required steps to complete the cancellation process.
If you encounter any issue while canceling the ticket, call on Southwest Airlines phone number +1-860-498-9674 to cancel tickets and get an expert’s assistance.
Cancel a Flight Booking over a Phone Call
Some passengers may not be able to cancel tickets online due to some glitch or any other reason. Therefore, canceling a ticket over the phone call seems to be a safe option. To begin the online cancellation process, dial Southwest Airlines phone number +1-860-498-9674 or 1-800-I-FLY-SWA+1-860-498-9674. Once the machine connects you to the representative, tell them to cancel your flight. Also, you have to give them your trip details like the last name, ticket confirmation code, and other information.
About Southwest Airlines Canceled Flight Compensation
Flyers can request refunds on canceled or delayed flights based on the airline’s flight compensation policy. For instance, if your scheduled flight is three hours late, you are entitled to compensation depending on the guidelines.
- If the flight distance is shorter than 1500 km, you can obtain USD 325
- For flights within 1500 and 3500 km distance, get up to USD 475
- The airline will provide USD 725 for flights longer than 3500 km
If you fall under any of the following circumstances, you are entitled to compensation.
- Medical emergencies where the host country puts travel rules and regulations
- Adverse weather conditions
- Strikes or state emergency
- Airport strikes
- Airlines bankruptcy
- Flights that do not cover the final destination
- Passengers who fail to board the connecting flight
- Major traffic while coming to the airport
Can I Cancel a Holiday Package on Southwest Airlines?
Yes, travelers can cancel a vacation package and claim refunds as per the cancellation policy. However, there are certain restrictions on obtaining a refund of the canceled package. For instance,
- Suppose you have not added travel insurance to the holiday package and applied for cancellation. In that case, you will get a refund in the form of a flight credit.
- In addition, cancel a Southwest Airlines vacation package at least ten minutes before departure and obtain a refund. However, the package must include a Wanna get away fare.
- The validity of the travel credit will be applicable for one year from the date of issuance.
- Moreover, the airline does not charge any cancellation fees for the air portion of your flight reservation.
- Once booked a holiday package, the hotel and car rental cancellation fees will be based on the supplier’s policy. However, you can avoid the extra fees by buying the travel protection on the Southwest vacations page.
Get in touch with the Southwest Airlines customer service team and request immediate help to submit cancellation requests.
Southwest Cancellation Policy for Non-Refundable Tickets:
Passengers who regularly travel with Southwest airlines would know that the airlines don’t charge anything for flight ticket cancellation. If you have bought a Non-Refundable ticket and canceled the flight, you can still apply for a refund. But you won’t get your cash back; instead of cash, you will get a travel fund that you can use in future purchases with the airline. Note that these travel fund points can be used within the 12 months of the original purchase date and only for original ticket passengers. So, now book a flight with Southwest Airlines for your next destination and make Southwest cancellation tickets without any worry if required.
Refund Process for Southwest Airlines Cancel Flight Reservation
Passengers who have canceled the Southwest Airlines reservations official site flight tickets can apply for a refund from the official website of the airline. Go to the official website of the airline and navigate to the Refund page. After that, fill in the required information and apply for a refund.
However, Southwest Airlines cancelled flight compensation varies depending on the flight ticket buying process. Passengers who have bought the non-refundable ticket by cash get the travel fund as a refund. But, passengers who purchased the non-refundable ticket using gift cards will get their credit back to their account instead of a travel fund.
Additionally, if you have booked a refundable ticket, then you would get the refund the same as the payment mode. To get more information about the refund process, you are required to call on the Southwest cancellation help desk.
How to Rebook Cancelled Flight Southwest Airlines?
After canceling the flight ticket, passengers get a refund, which they can use to rebook the flight within 12 months of the original date of flight booking. To rebook cancelled flight southwest airlines, follow these steps:
- Go to the official website of the airline and login with the same account as the previous one.
- Book a flight as the usual way and use the travel fund as the payment method.
In case you face any issue or need expert assistance, then dial the Southwest cancellation policy phone number and get help from dedicated airline representatives.
How to Get Southwest Airlines Cancelled Flight Compensation as the Original Form of Payment?
As mentioned above, after canceling the non-refundable flight ticket, passengers get travel funds, which they can use in future purchases with the airlines. However, there is one way through which passengers can get a refund in the same way as the payment mode.
According to the Southwest cancellation policy, if passengers cancel the flight ticket within 24 hours after booking, they would get a refund in the same way as the original form of payment.
Southwest airlines aim to offer excellent quality services to everyone. It is one of the largest American airlines and the world’s largest low-cost air carrier. The airline was founded in 1967 as Air Southwest and started its operations in 1971 as Southwest airlines. Scheduled flights of the airline go to 101 destinations in the United States and ten other countries. Traveling with the airlines is very beneficial for you as it offers flight tickets at affordable prices and fascinating deals on flight booking.
Additionally, people who want support from the airline regarding ticket cancellation are required to dial the Southwest airlines cancellation policy helpdesk.
Southwest Airlines Cancellation FAQs
What is the Cancellation Policy of Southwest Airlines?
Southwest Airlines Cancellation Policy says:
- If a passenger requests a refund due to flight cancellation, the amount of the reimbursement will be determined by the flight fare restrictions, which will not cover the service fees because they are non-refundable. In this situation, you are prepared to cancel a flight reservation made within 7 days of the departure date within 24 hours. Then, in accordance with Southwest Airlines’ cancellation policy, you must cancel the flight reservation through email. Furthermore, if you cancel your flight within 24 hours of purchasing your ticket, you will not be responsible for any cancellation fees, and your travel will be canceled without penalty.
- In addition, the flight cancellation reimbursement will be applied to your account in the same manner as the flight booking payment was made. If you need to call off a flight booking that includes more than one ticket, the flight cancellation and flight refund requests will be applied to all of the tickets, according to Southwest Airlines’ cancellation policy. It may be possible to pay the Airlines’s cancellation fee while canceling a flight ticket online. In such circumstances, the passenger will be notified during the purchase of the ticket.
- Furthermore, for all refundable travel tickets, if the flight ticket is canceled before completion of 24 hours, you may be eligible for a full money back if the flight is canceled.
Is the Cancellation Policy of Southwest Airlines good?
How can I Cancel Southwest Airlines Reservations?
- It’s simple to cancel the Southwest Airlines flight. You can cancel your reservation by going to southwest.com/cancel or using the Southwest mobile app. Enter the first and last names of the ticketed passenger, as well as the reservation confirmation number.
- You can also call Southwest reservations at 800-435-9792 or look up the flight on your My Account page if you provided your Rapid Rewards number when making the initial reservation. You’ll notice any travel balances or refundable sums associated with the confirmation number once you’ve entered your flight information. Select “Cancel” to cancel the flight.
What Should I do If my Southwest Airlines Flight gets Canceled?
What Should I do If my Southwest Airlines Flight gets Delayed?
How Can I Change or Reebok Southwest Airlines Flight?
Call the bookings department to make changes to your Southwest ticket, or check up your flight on the app or online using the confirmation number and your information.
Can I Cancel my Southwest Flight?
How Can I Get a Refund from Southwest Airlines?
How many Times Can I Change my Southwest Airlines Flight?
See More Southwest Airlines Posts:
- Best Time to Buy Tickets from Southwest Airlines
- Southwest Airlines $29 Flights
- Southwest Airlines Sale $69
- Last Minute Southwest Flights Deals
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Credit Card
- Southwest Airlines Low Fare Calendar
- Find Southwest Cheap Flight deals
- Southwest Airlines Wanna Get Away Fares
- Southwest Airlines Vacations Deals