Have you made mistakes in your name spelling on the Alaska Airlines tickets? If yes, you can request an Alaska Airlines change name on a ticket and correct the error without paying extra fees.
Alaska Airlines have eliminated flight change fees on Main and First class fares to make your travel more flexible. Moreover, to modify your flight ticket, either go through the online process or directly call the customer service team.
Rules and Regulations on Alaska Airlines Name Change Policy
- 1 Rules and Regulations on Alaska Airlines Name Change Policy
- 1.1 Can I Change my Name on Alaska Airlines Due to Legal Reasons?
- 1.2 Are There Any Limitations on the Alaska Airlines Name Change Policy?
- 1.3 Different ways to Request Alaska Airlines Change Name on Ticket
- 1.4 How Much are the Charges for Name Changes on Alaska Airlines?
The policy allows passengers to make name changes on the tickets for free. But there are certain regulations which you need to keep in mind when making name changes on the tickets.
- You need to seek permission to change your last name on the tickets booked due to divorce or marriage.
- Moreover, the airline will approve name changes if you wish to extend your first name.
- Under the name change rules, you may invert your names.
- Flyers can change the letters in your name.
- Most importantly, complete name changes are not accepted by the airline. But you can transfer your full name to another person as per the guidelines of the name change policy.
- If you have given the wrong name, you can book a new flight ticket with the correct name.
Can I Change my Name on Alaska Airlines Due to Legal Reasons?
On Alaska Airlines, you can request name changes on a flight reservation due to legal reasons, including marriage or divorce.
- Passengers have to provide the legal documents when requesting Alaska Airlines name change on tickets due to marriage or divorce.
- Moreover, the airline will allow you to change only the surname.
- The team will formally change your ticket details if you wish to change names because of divorce.
- In addition, paperwork will be required by the operator to officially change the names on the tickets. The name change will be approved in the event of divorce and marriage. Here is the following documentation needed for a name change.
- Orders of the court
- Certificate of marriage
- Existing proof of identity
- Paperwork for a piece of legal change in the information
- Previous evidence of identification
Are There Any Limitations on the Alaska Airlines Name Change Policy?
In some situations, Alaska Airlines do not approve name changes on the tickets. Therefore, you must confirm the things before applying for the changes with the flight representative.
Here are the following limitations on the airline’s name change policy. Have a look.
- The major limitation to changing the name on ticket Alaska Airlines is that your booking may be canceled if booked with the wrong details.
- In addition, the identity and the passenger’s name should match each other. Otherwise, you may face trouble during flight boarding.
- Suppose your name is incorrect on the passport; you first need to correct the errors. Only then will the airline accept your name change request.
Different ways to Request Alaska Airlines Change Name on Ticket
Alaska Airlines facilitates passenger name change requests on the tickets through online and offline methods.
- You can request a name change online via the airline’s official site.
- Contact the team at +1 (800) 252-7522 and tell your flight details to the executive, and request name changes.
- In addition, reach out to the nearby airport at the self-service kiosk centers.
Method 1: How Can I Change my Name on an Alaska Ticket?
Suppose you made a spelling error on plane tickets and are willing to make changes before departure. In that case, opt for the online method and complete the process to change the name on the Alaska Airlines ticket.
- First, launch the airline’s official site and log into your account.
- Second, head to the “Manage My Booking” section.
- Now, fill in your flight details like the passenger’s name and a booking number.
- Now, choose the change ticket name option.
- Click on the Change name on the flight ticket. You can correct the name spelling and complete the name change process.
- After that, receive a message on the name change on your smartphone in the end.
Flyers can apply for a change of name on ticket Alaska Airlines by calling the airline’s helpline number +1 (800) 252-7522.
Note: The online flight change option will only allow you to make minor changes or correct simple spelling mistakes. But you cannot change more than three characters in your name through the same method.
Terms and Conditions on the Online Name Change on Alaska Airlines
Passengers have to meet certain guidelines to change names online on the tickets without any inconvenience. Have a look at the following points.
- You must have booked flight tickets online via the airline’s official site and not through a travel agency.
- In addition, your flight booking must include any kind of discount fares, government fares, and any special saver fares.
- Make sure to not make a flight reservation under group travel, and it should not include more than seven members.
- The flight segment should not exceed eight arrangements.
- Moreover, your flight booking should not compromise any kind of special service like pets.
- The airline will only accept online changes in the name of general flight reservations.
Method 2: Contact Alaska Airlines to Change the Names on the Tickets
When you are unable to request an Alaska Airlines name change on a ticket online via the site, opt for the phone call option. Moreover, the service will help you seek expert hand-to-hand assistance and help you make name changes.
Here are the following steps to follow to make name changes on an Alaska Airlines ticket via the phone call option.
- First, open the airline’s official site and choose the phone call option under the “Help Center” section.
- Second, dial the area-wise airline’s helpline number and wait for the executive to pick up the call.
- Now, choose your desired language.
- You will hear instructions from an automated machine.
- Next, choose the flight change option since you want to modify your name spelling on the ticket.
- Wait for a few seconds till the call is transferred to a team member.
- Finally, share your details like your last name and flight reference code and ask them to change your name spelling.
Note: Alaska Airlines will only accept the name change request if you are eligible for the same. Otherwise, they will cancel your current flight booking and suggest you make a new reservation with the correct name.
Method 3: Use the Airport Kiosk to Change your Name on the Alaska Airlines Tickets
Another way to change your name on an Alaska Airlines flight ticket is by using an airport kiosk. Moreover, the machine allows flyers to perform various activities. With the same service, you can do the check-in, get boarding passes, upgrade seats, and make name changes to your reservations.
How Much are the Charges for Name Changes on Alaska Airlines?
There is no fee for making minor changes within 24 hours of the actual flight reservation. However, if you change tickets after the risk-free period, you have to pay an additional fee of $125.
MVP Gold or Gold 75K Mileage plan members do not have a penny to change the tickets’ names.
Alaska Airlines FAQs
See More Alaska Airlines Posts:
- Alaska Airlines Cancellation Policy
- Alaska Airlines Espanol
- How to Get a Refund from Alaska Airlines?
- How do I Talk to a Person at Alaska Airlines?
- Alaska Airlines Military Discounts
- Alaska Airlines Seat Selection
- How can I Upgrade to Alaska Airlines First Class?
- Alaska Airlines Book A Flight
- Alaska Airlines Vacations Packages