How to Cancel an Air Canada Flight?
Have you ever faced a situation where you had to cancel your Air Canada ticket while traveling? If so, you must be aware of the Air Canada Cancellation Policy set by the airlines. Air Canada is one of the biggest and widely preferred carriers of Canada in terms of fleet size and the number of passengers carried. One of the most beneficial parts of traveling by Air Canada is the simple procedure that it has set for both canceling and rebooking a flight.
Changing or canceling a flight is not that easy task and most people are not comfortable with the procedure. Moreover, people would hardly like to cancel their flight until and unless they are caught up in an emergency situation. There are situations that you cannot avoid and have to cancel your flight, whether you want to or not. Thus, each and every person must be well aware of the cancellation policies so that you don’t end up paying more in the process.
If you are looking for an Air Canada cancellation flight, do not worry much as the airline has a smooth cancellation policy that you need to follow while canceling your Air Canada ticket. You will also be given the opportunity to re-book another flight after you have canceled your Air Canada flight.
Here are the steps that you need to follow to complete your Air Canada ticket cancellation procedure.
If you have any doubts or queries regarding the process, everything will be answered. You just need to go through the enlisted procedure to cancel your ticket:
- Visit the official site of Air Canada and log in to your account by entering the required piece of information.
- Go to the Manage My Bookings section and click on it. The section is located on the top side of the page.
- Then you have to find out the particular flight booking that you are looking for by making an entry of your last name, reference number and your credit card number that was used to book your flight in order to update your booking.
- You then need to select the option of Cancel flight available on your flight booking page and press enter.
- After that, you have to go through the easy on-screen instructions and complete the cancellation procedure.
- Once you have completed the cancellation procedure, you will receive a confirmation message from the airline.
So, the next time you want to cancel booking Air Canada flights, you just need to follow the above-mentioned process. Another way to cancel your flight is by going to the booking section of your account and then selecting the particular flight that you want to cancel. You can also contact the airline customer service or contact the Air Canada flight cancellation helpdesk, if you want any detailed information regarding the cancellation process.
Before you proceed with canceling your Air Canada tickets, you should be well informed about the policies set by Air Canada.
You will be able to cancel your booking online if:
- You had made your original booking on aircanada.com
- When you have to cancel your entire booking.
- You have to cancel your flight at least two hours before the departure of your flight.
- You will only get a refund for canceling your ticket if you have bought a refundable ticket and the airline does not have any provision to refund your money if you are traveling on a non-refundable ticket.
Air Canada 24-Hour Flexible Booking Policies
According to the policies set by Air Canada, you need to cancel your flight within 24 hours of your booking if you want to cancel your online booking without paying Air Canada cancellation flight charges. You will get your refund only after your request to cancel the ticket has been processed.
|Ticket Type||Cancellation Fee|
|Premium Economy||Flexible fares are refundable, otherwise $200|
If you requested an Air Canada cancellation after 24 hours of booking the ticket, then you might have to pay the cancellation fee. You will also not be liable to get any refund for canceling your flight if you have bought a promotional or sale ticket.
Air Canada Ticket Cancellation Policy for Refundable Tickets
If you have bought a refundable ticket, you need not worry as you will be refunded the entire money that you have spent on booking; provided you cancel the flight within 24 hrs. of your booking. The cost of a refundable ticket might charge you more than that of the non-refundable ones but you also get the added benefits. Moreover, if you make any changes within 24 hrs. of your Air Canada reservations, you are not required to pay any charges for making any changes in the current ticket.
You might just have to pay the additional fare if there is any difference in fare and if your original ticket cost more than the current one, your refund will be credited in your account that can be used later for purchasing a ticket. When you have canceled a ticket, you will receive the refund within 5-20 working days. It entirely depends on the mode of payment you had used while paying for your ticket.
Within Canada / between Canada and the United States
Business Class (flexible)/Premium Economy (flexible)/Latitude fares
Fully refundable, no cancellation fees
Business Class (lowest)/Premium Economy (lowest)/comfort/Flex/Standard fares
Non-refundable. No credit for future travel.
Refundability depends on your itinerary as well as your fare type. In the case of refundable tickets, a cancellation fee applies:
Air Canada Cancellation Policy for Non-Refundable Tickets
On the other hand, if you are flying with a non-refundable ticket and have to cancel their flight due to unavoidable and emergency situations, then, according to Air Canada non-refundable ticket cancellation policies, you are required to pay a minimum amount for canceling the ticket. The Air Canada cancellation charges depend upon your selected route and the destination you are traveling to. The same condition applies for any changes that you wish to make to your flight ticket. You have to pay a basic fee for making changes and will also be charged the extra fee if there is any difference in fare.
If you face any issues regarding your payment, cancellations, refund or any airlines related queries, you can contact the Air Canada ticket cancellation and solve your problems with their assistance.
What is Air Canada Cancellation Policy or Air Canada Booking Cancellation Policy?
Every airway has its own policy of booking cancellation based on the distance and destination, and travel hours. Air Canada has its own cancellation policy. In the following circumstances, Air Canada’s cancellation policy allows you to cancel your flight and receive a full refund:
- Your flight has been canceled by Air Canada.
- Within 24 hours of purchasing your ticket, you decide to cancel it.
- You’ve purchased a fare that is completely flexible.
- Despite having a verified reservation, you were denied boarding.
- Your flight has been delayed for at least three hours.
- Your flight is rescheduled by Air Canada, causing you to miss your connecting flight.
- You will not be able to catch your flight if you have a particular emergency (death, major sickness, military orders, etc.) (subject to Air Canada’s decision).
How does the Air Canada Cancellation Policy function?
The following is how Air Canada’s cancellation policy works:
- All flight cancellations must be made at least two hours before the scheduled departure time.
- Flight refunds take one to three months to process and are reimbursed to the original payment method.
- If your insurance company compensates you for a canceled flight, you will not be eligible for a refund.
- There will be some taxes that will not be repaid.
- You must fill out this refund request form if you did not receive your full compensation.
- Non-refundable tickets are only refundable if the cancellation is due to circumstances beyond Air Canada’s control. If the cause of the flight cancellation is beyond Air Canada’s power, you will have to choose from the available other travel options. Suppose none of the above alternatives appeal to you. In that case, you can have the remaining balance charged to an Air Canada Travel Voucher (non-expirable and transferable) or convert the amount of your ticket (minus taxes) into Aeroplan points with a 65 percent bonus mile offer.
What is the Air Canada Business Class Cancellation Policy?
You can cancel your Business Flexible prices and get a complete refund under Air Canada’s Business Class cancellation policy.
Non-flexible Business Class fares, on the other hand, will incur a USD 200 cancellation fee. The balance amount will be credited to your account when you cancel. However, you must utilise it within 12 months of the ticket’s original issuing date.
What is Air Canada Cancellation Fee?
You can cancel for free if you have a flexible fare, but you must do it at least 2 hours before departure. If you have a non-refundable fare, you have to pay a USD 200 cancellation fee. The cancellation charge for award tickets ranges from USD 0 to USD 150, depending on your tier level.
You will not pay a cancellation fee if you cancel a ticket within 24 hours of purchasing it.
What should I do if my Air Canada flight gets Canceled?
Suppose your flight gets delayed for three hours or more or the airline cancels it due to an Air Canada situation or safety reasons. You refuse the replacement travel arrangements offered since traveling no longer serves a purpose. In that case, we’ll reimburse the unused portion of the ticket.