Save on American Airlines Change Flight – Cost, Steps, and Date Change Policy
- 1 Save on American Airlines Change Flight – Cost, Steps, and Date Change Policy
- 1.1 Rules for the American Airlines Changes for Free
- 1.2 How to Change a Flight on American Airlines?
- 1.3 Terms and Conditions on American Airlines Flights Change
- 1.4 How Much is the American Airlines Change Fee?
- 1.5 Contact American Airlines to Make Free Changes
Passengers can make ticket changes last minute or days before the scheduled flight departure. Moreover, to make an American Airlines change flight without a fee, check out the guidelines of the flight change policy.
American Airlines is a popular airline in the aviation industry, offering complete flexibility to book and manage bookings. Moreover, the team of experts handles and helps customers in changing the ticket information without any trouble and on time. You can talk to a flight representative and request immediate facilitation in making flight upgrades.
Rules for the American Airlines Changes for Free
It is possible that a passenger can do an American Airlines flight change at no additional cost. However, the only condition is that the person has to make ticket changes within 24 hours of the initial booking. Additionally, changing a flight includes changing the date, name, destination, or travel class. If you change flights within the grace period, you don’t have to pay the extra charges. On the other hand, the airline imposes an extra fee for upgrading tickets after the risk-free period. Moreover, the change fee penalty is non-refundable; therefore, you can’t refuse to pay.
How to Change a Flight on American Airlines?
Changing a flight on American Airlines is not a complicated task. Moreover, it only takes a few clicks to initiate a changed flight request with the help of your smartphone. Besides, you can also make flight changes by talking to a flight representative over a phone call.
If you are willing to make flight changes with or without a fee online, follow the below steps.
- First, open your web browser and launch the airline’s official site.
- Second, click on the “Find My Trip” section.
- Now enter your last name and a six-character flight confirmation code.
- The page will open your flight details, and you can choose the flight you want to change.
- You can choose from the “Change trip” or “Cancel trip” option and then proceed further.
- You will see various options to change your ticket information like date, name, route, and class.
- Once you are done, confirm the changes and pay the fare difference. However, if you are eligible for free flight changes, you don’t have to pay the charges.
- At last, the airline will send you a confirmation mail of the flight change request on your registered email address.
Terms and Conditions on American Airlines Flights Change
You can apply for a flight change request online/offline when your travel plan changes based on your requirements. However, there are certain things that you must keep in mind when making modifications to the flight tickets.
- According to the airline’s 24-hour change policy, flyers can make free flight changes before departure.
- Your booking must be operated by American Airlines or American Eagle to American Airlines flight change.
- Moreover, your ticket must have the same number of stops, in the same airports, as your original flight.
- Your flight should depart on the same day to/from the same airports as your initial booking.
- In addition, same-day changes and standby depend on the availability of selected flights.
- If the airline makes the changes, passengers can claim compensation depending on the fare rules.
How Much is the American Airlines Change Fee?
Generally, there are no charges for changing a flight within the risk-free period. However, if you make any changes after the grace period, the airline will ask you to pay the penalty. For instance, American Airlines change flight fee ranges between $75 and $150. Most importantly, the change fees depend on the ticket type and travel class. If you are flying on a domestic route, you have to pay $200 and $750 for an international flight.
Contact American Airlines to Make Free Changes
If you want to avoid paying the American Airlines change fee, change your tickets 24 hours before the reservation. You can either go to the manage booking page, follow the on-screen prompts, or call the team to make changes. After that, you can immediately connect with a flight representative and ask them to change your flight tickets. In case you have any questions or need quick help, dial 800-433-7300 for English and 800-633-3711 for Spanish.
American Airlines FAQs
See More American Airlines Posts:
- American Airlines Book Flight
- American Airlines Español
- Talk To A Person At American Airlines
- American Airlines Cancellation Policy
- American Airlines Student Discount
- British Airways Vs American Airlines
- American Airlines Travel Agent
- American Airlines Vacations
- Services of American Airlines Vacations Travel Agent
- American Airlines Unaccompanied Minors Policy
- American Airlines Last-Minute Deals
- How Do I Get a Callback from American Airlines?