Can I Change my American Airlines Flight?
Can I change my American Airlines flight after booking? Yes, you can reschedule American Airlines flight and make bookings to a later date with ease.
American Airlines is a leading airline in meeting customers’ travel requirements in the best possible manner. Suppose you have made a reservation and you want to change the travel dates. Flyers can call on 800-433-7300 or visit the airline’s official site to go through the American Airlines flight reschedule procedure.
There are certain rules and regulations on rescheduling a flight on American Airlines. Let’s check them out.
Major Highlights of the American Airlines Flight Reschedule Policy
Passengers are free to make tickets before departure or on the same day of travel. Moreover, one can rebook tickets as per the new travel plans without any inconvenience. However, don’t forget to have a look at the major highlights of the American Airlines flight reschedule policy.
- Passengers can change/reschedule trip dates at no additional fee within 24 hours of the initial reservation. But if you change your ticket information outside the 24-hour policy, the airline will ask you to pay the penalty.
- Moreover, no changes or cancellations are accepted if you have bought a non-refundable ticket fare.
- The flight change policy follows no change fees for domestic and international flights. Moreover, the policy also covers selected long-haul international flights as long as you have not purchased a Basic Economy.
- In addition, if the airline changes a flight due to some reasons, rebook trips without paying an extra fee.
- Get in touch with a flight representative via 800-433-7300 and seek assistance to reschedule American Airlines flight before departure.
How to Reschedule an American Airlines Flight?
Now, you must be thinking of how to reschedule an American Airlines flight? If you have purchased a flight through the airline’s authorised sources, you are eligible to make ticket upgrades. There are online/offline methods to change your date, destination, and routes on your bookings.
If you want to make online flight changes, follow the below steps.
- First, launch the airline’s official site or log into your account.
- Second, click on the “Manage Trips” section.
- Now enter your ticket confirmation code and last name.
- Click on the “Find My Trip” button to select the flight you want to reschedule.
- You can modify the travel dates, routes, and destinations and add other services per your requirements.
- Lastly, move to the payment page and pay the flight change fees if asked to pay.
- At last, the airline will send you a flight change confirmation mail.
- Travelers can choose the offline way and dial 800-433-7300 to modify the trip dates, destinations, and routes before departure.
How much Fee do You have to Pay to Reschedule an American Airlines Flight?
If you are confused about how much fee you have to pay to reschedule an American Airlines flight, check out the fee structure.
- According to the American Airlines reschedule flight policy, there are no fees for changing flights within 24 hours of bookings.
- Moreover, the airline imposes a penalty for changing flights outside the 24-hour policy.
- The change may vary with a domestic or an international flight, travel classes, or routes.
- American Airlines charges a change fee ranging between $200 and $750 per passenger, depending on the flight change policy.
- In addition, you can make same-day ticket changes at an extra cost of between $75 and $150.
About Guidelines on the American Airlines Same-day Flight Changes
- The airline allows flyers to change a flight within 24 hours of the original reservation for free. But the team asks you to pay $75 for making same-day flight changes a few hours before departure.
- The penalty is waived off for flying in a Business class or who is registered in the club program.
- One needs to select a flight for the same calendar day, which should be similar to the original flight ticket.
- Additionally, same-day changes are not applicable for flyers flying through a flight on the previous night flight.
- The airline does not approve same-day changes if you have to change between airports.
- If you change a long-haul flight on the departure day, you will have to pay an additional fee of $150.
- All flyers traveling on a first or a business class are eligible to make same-day upgrades for no extra cost.