Frontier Airlines (Children) Unaccompanied Minor Policy
Are you planning a trip for your child on Frontier and wish to know about the flight booking procedure? If yes, get to know about Frontier Airlines unaccompanied minor travel guidelines and plan trips for your kid accordingly.
Children under the age group of 5 to 14 years are considered unaccompanied minors.
However, kids below five years cannot board a flight alone but can travel with an adult passenger of 15 years old. They are not even categorized as unaccompanied minors.
Rules and Regulations on Unaccompanied Minor Frontier Travel
You have to fulfill certain rules and regulations on booking flights for unaccompanied minors when booking flights.
- Children under 5 to 14 years can book unaccompanied minor Frontier flights and travel places with an accompanying passenger.
- Moreover, if your kid is below five years old, they cannot fly alone, and a parent/guardian should fly with them.
- The minor service is applicable on non-stop domestic and international flights.
- To confirm bookings for your child, talk to a representative and make them aware of the minor travel.
- Most importantly, Frontier Airlines no longer offers the escort service for children flying alone as unaccompanied minors.
- Minors are not eligible to fly on connecting flights.
- In addition, the airline no longer accepts kids below the age of 15 years who are flying alone.
- After the verification process, the team will provide gate access to the accompanying travelers. They will also receive a gate pass when picking up the kid at the final destination airport.
- One has to fill out an unaccompanied minor form to confirm the service. Moreover, download the form from the airline’s official site or mobile app.
- Kids who are 15 to 17 years old don’t have to fill out the form. But they need to carry a valid ID card issued by the government.
How Much Fee is for Frontier Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Service?
Passengers can take children along with them on the plane and travel together under the same flight reservation. Moreover, one has to pay Frontier Airlines an unaccompanied minor fee of $100 per child. The minor fee also includes in-flight snacks and beverages.
Contact Frontier Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Team for Assistance
When young children travel alone, they are considered unaccompanied minors. However, Frontier has stopped taking children below 15 years flying alone. Parents/guardians can book the Frontier Airlines unaccompanied minor service online or offline. Dial the Frontier airline’s helpline number 1 (801) 401-9000 to connect with a flight representative immediately. Once you have made flight reservations, reach out to the team member and seek instant assistance when required.
Baggage Guidelines for Minors on Frontier Airlines
Passengers flying with lap infants and children can fly with baggage at no additional cost. Moreover, parents can take one diaper bag, a verified child restraint device, and a stroller. If any of these devices do not have the approval label, then the equipment should be checked-in.
Seating Requirements for Minors on Frontier Airlines
Frontier Airlines have certain rules and regulations on making seat reservations on the plane. If you are planning to board a flight with your kids, you may fulfill the following seating requirements.
- Children of two years must fly on a paid seat.
- However, the airline will charge an extra fee for kids below two years flying on a seat.
- An adult passenger must fly with two lap infants and also pay for the second flight.
- In addition, lap infants sitting on a paid seat must use a car seat or harness. One can take booster seats when flying but not during takeoff or landing.
- Two adults and two-lap infants cannot fly on the same side of the row.
- Flyers booked with a lap infant cannot occupy a seat in the first row if the seat has an airbag seatbelt.
- If you are using a car seat, you ensure that the child’s weight does not go beyond the maximum weight and size limit.
Other Points to Remember When Flying with Minors on Frontier Airlines
Passengers can go through the following points when making flight reservations for unaccompanied minors on Frontier Airlines.
- Frontier Airlines will make a seat reservation of group seats during the flight depending on the seat’s availability. Parents/guardians can book the flights for minors on the same flight reservation as an adult passenger.
- Moreover, one can do flight check-in early online on the airline’s official site or through the mobile app.
- Additionally, you may seek assistance from the gate agent for immediate assistance in case you don’t get a seat assignment.
- One may bring toys to engage kids on the plane. Also, the crew members offer minors interactive activities, including activity pages, flight certificates, and maps.
- Suppose you are flying with a child below the age group of three years. The team will let you board a flight before most passengers through Courtesy Boarding immediately after Zone 1 passengers.