Do you know that you can travel with your small pets on Hawaiian Airlines and fly together? Flyers can dial 1 (800) 367-5320 and learn about the Hawaiian Airlines pet policy guidelines and book tickets under pet travel.
With certain restrictions, Hawaiian Airlines transports dogs, cats, and small birds to fly with passengers. Whether flying with a pet or a trained service animal, you must meet the eligibility criteria.
Guidelines on Traveling with Pets in the Passenger Cabin on Hawaiian Airlines
- 1 Guidelines on Traveling with Pets in the Passenger Cabin on Hawaiian Airlines
- 1.1 Rules and Regulations on Pets Traveling as Check-in Baggage on Hawaiian Airlines
- 1.2 Are There Any Prohibited Pets from Flying on Hawaiian Airlines?
- 1.3 How Do I Book a Pet on Hawaiian Airlines?
- 1.4 How Much are the Charges to Book a Pet on Hawaiian Airlines?
You must be thinking about the guidelines on traveling with pets in the passenger cabin on Hawaiian Airlines. Let’s have a look.
- According to the Hawaiian Airlines pet policy, pets are eligible to fly only on inter-island flights. Moreover, the policy covers the flights operating between the State of Hawaii and North America. However, flights flying to/from JFK, MCO, BOS, or AUS are excluded from pet travel.
- Passengers must take only small dogs and cats during the flights.
- Dial 1 (800) 367-5320 and speak with a representative to book pet tickets depending on the Hawaii Airlines pet policy.
- Your pet must sit in an approved carrier under the seat ahead of you. Additionally, the pet and the carrier’s weight should not go beyond 25 lbs or 11 kg.
- Each flier can fly with one carrier and one animal except for two puppies or kittens from the same breed.
- In addition, make flight reservations for your pet at the same time with your own bookings.
- You have to submit a fee of $35 for pets flying on inter-island flights. On the other hand, the airline will charge you $175 each way for all the other Hawaiian flights.
- Also, your pets must have all the necessary health documents required by your travel destination.
Rules and Regulations on Pets Traveling as Check-in Baggage on Hawaiian Airlines
There are applicable rules and regulations for pets traveling as Hawaiian Airlines check-in baggage. For instance,
- Only domesticated pets are allowed.
- Also, your pet should not be flying on a direct flight to Maui.
- The combined weight of the pet and kennel should not exceed 70 lbs or 32 kg.
- However, if the weight is beyond the maximum limit, the airline will transport your pet via the Cargo department.
- In addition, the team will transport the pet as checked-in baggage when you make your flight bookings.
- Hawaiian will charge a pet fee of $60 each way for inter-island flights. In comparison, you have to pay $225 both ways for all the other flights.
Are There Any Prohibited Pets from Flying on Hawaiian Airlines?
While booking pet flights, it is very important to check are there any prohibited pets from flying on Hawaiian Airlines? There are several breeds that are not eligible to travel on Hawaiian flights. Let’s check them out.
- Snub-nosed dog and cat breeds cannot board flights. It includes Exotic, American Pit Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, and Burmese.
- Boston Terriers, Griffon, Bulldogs, Japanese Spaniel Chin, Lhasa Apso, Dutch Pug, Chow Chow, Himalayan, and Boxer are discouraged from flying.
- In addition, the airline does not accept Shar Pei, Pekingese, Pit Bull, Lhasa Apso, Shih Tzu, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, and Pug.
- As per the guidelines, effective from Jan 11, 2021, emotional support animals cannot take Hawaiian flights as service animals.
How Do I Book a Pet on Hawaiian Airlines?
If you are wondering, how do I book a pet on Hawaiian Airlines? You can immediately connect with a flight representative and seek assistance when booking flights for pets.
- Passengers can reach out to the team at +1 (800) 367-5320 and request them to add pets as checked-in baggage.
- Once the call is connected, tell the executive about your travel requirements to book a pet.
- There are certain rules and regulations on the Hawaiian Airline pet policy, which you need to follow for pet travel.
- Also, you need to tell the staff that your pet will also be flying with you. In addition, the airline encourages flyers to contact the reservation department at least 48 hours before departure.
How Much are the Charges to Book a Pet on Hawaiian Airlines?
When planning to fly together, you must consider how much the charges are to book a pet on Hawaiian Airlines? The pet booking fee for the flights operating within Hawaii state is $35. On the other hand, the cost can exceed $175 from Hawaii to North America. If you fly with a large dog in the cargo, you may have to pay $850.