Do you know that you can travel with your small pets on Hawaiian Airlines and fly together? Flyers can dial 1 (800) 367-5320 and learn about the Hawaiian Airlines pet policy guidelines and book tickets under pet travel.
With certain restrictions, Hawaiian Airlines transports dogs, cats, and small birds to fly with passengers. Whether flying with a pet or a trained service animal, you must meet the eligibility criteria.
Guidelines on Traveling with Pets in the Passenger Cabin on Hawaiian Airlines
You must be thinking about the guidelines on traveling with pets in the passenger cabin on Hawaiian Airlines. Let’s have a look.
- According to the Hawaiian Airlines pet policy, pets are eligible to fly only on inter-island flights. Moreover, the policy covers the flights operating between the State of Hawaii and North America. However, flights flying to/from JFK, MCO, BOS, or AUS are excluded from pet travel.
- Passengers must take only small dogs and cats during the flights.
- Dial 1 (800) 367-5320 and speak with a representative to book pet tickets depending on the Hawaii Airlines pet policy.
- Your pet must sit in an approved carrier under the seat ahead of you. Additionally, the pet and the carrier’s weight should not go beyond 25 lbs or 11 kg.
- Each flier can fly with one carrier and one animal except for two puppies or kittens from the same breed.
- In addition, make flight reservations for your pet at the same time with your own bookings.
- You have to submit a fee of $35 for pets flying on inter-island flights. On the other hand, the airline will charge you $175 each way for all the other Hawaiian flights.
- Also, your pets must have all the necessary health documents required by your travel destination.
Rules and Regulations on Pets Traveling as Check-in Baggage on Hawaiian Airlines
There are applicable rules and regulations for pets traveling as Hawaiian Airlines check-in baggage. For instance,
- Only domesticated pets are allowed.
- Also, your pet should not be flying on a direct flight to Maui.
- The combined weight of the pet and kennel should not exceed 70 lbs or 32 kg.
- However, if the weight is beyond the maximum limit, the airline will transport your pet via the Cargo department.
- In addition, the team will transport the pet as checked-in baggage when you make your flight bookings.
- Hawaiian will charge a pet fee of $60 each way for inter-island flights. In comparison, you have to pay $225 both ways for all the other flights.
Are There Any Prohibited Pets from Flying on Hawaiian Airlines?
While booking pet flights, it is very important to check are there any prohibited pets from flying on Hawaiian airlines pet policy. There are several breeds that are not eligible to travel on Hawaiian flights. Let’s check them out.
- Snub-nosed dog and cat breeds cannot board flights. It includes Exotic, American Pit Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, and Burmese.
- Boston Terriers, Griffon, Bulldogs, Japanese Spaniel Chin, Lhasa Apso, Dutch Pug, Chow Chow, Himalayan, and Boxer are discouraged from flying.
- In addition, the airline does not accept Shar Pei, Pekingese, Pit Bull, Lhasa Apso, Shih Tzu, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, and Pug.
- As per the guidelines, effective from Jan 11, 2021, emotional support animals cannot take Hawaiian flights as service animals.
How Do I Book a Pet on Hawaiian Airlines?
If you are wondering, how do I book a pet on Hawaiian Airlines? You can immediately connect with a flight representative and seek assistance when booking flights for pets.
- Passengers can reach out to the team at +1 (800) 367-5320 and request them to add pets as checked-in baggage.
- Once the call is connected, tell the executive about your travel requirements to book a pet.
- There are certain rules and regulations on the Hawaiian Airline pet policy, which you need to follow for pet travel.
- Also, you need to tell the staff that your pet will also be flying with you. In addition, the airline encourages flyers to contact the reservation department at least 48 hours before departure.
How Much are the Charges to Book a Pet on Hawaiian Airlines?
When planning to fly together, you must consider how much the charges are to book a pet on Hawaiian Airlines? The pet booking fee for the flights operating within Hawaii state is $35. On the other hand, the cost can exceed $175 from Hawaii to North America. If you fly with a large dog in the cargo, you may have to pay $850.
Rules and Regulations for Services Animals on Hawaiian Airlines
Hawaiian Airlines allow service animals, including a trained dog, to work for the benefit of guests with a disability. Moreover, one can visit the HawaiianAirCargo.com page or call the team at 1-877-HA-CARGO (422-2746).
Under the Air Canada Access Act (ACAA) and the United State Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations, service animals shall travel.
- If you are a qualified individual with a disability, fly with service animals. They can travel with the guests for free in the aircraft cabin.
- The airline accepts only two service animals per person, and the dogs should meet the policy’s requirements.
- Moreover, the team will ask you if you wish to be accompanied by the service animal as a part of the vetting process.
- You have to submit the DOT Service Animal Form at www.hawaiianairlines.com/ ServiceAnimalForm.
- Also, provide notice on your internet to fly with a service animal and a hardcopy or electronic application version. It applies when you make a flight reservation more than four hours in advance.
- In addition, service animals have to remain harnessed and leashed and be in control.
- The airline reserves the right to deny boarding to a service animal for the safety of the passengers onboard.
- A qualified individual with a disability accompanied by one or more service animals cannot sit where an animal would disturb the access to an aisle.
- Dogs may have to quarantine for up to 120 days upon arrival in the state of Hawaii. However, if they meet all the requirements of the state’s program, no quarantine is necessary.
Does Hawaiian Airlines accept Pets on International Flights?
Hawaiian Airlines is quite strict with its pet policy. Therefore, they do not accept dogs, cats, and birds on international flights as checked baggage or within the cabin.
As per the rule, effective from 1st April 2022, active duty members and dependents flying on official orders can transport cats and dogs. Moreover, the pets can fly as checked baggage on direct flights between Honolulu and selected Japanese cities.
Are there any Cabin and Carriage Restrictions on Hawaiian Airlines?
Hawaiian Airlines cannot accept pets in the first class cabin on all North American flights. Moreover, they cannot fly in the cabin on flights to/from New York, Orlando, Austin, or Boston. The airline will not accept them on international routes, including Pago Pago.
- Pets can travel in the main cabin on flights between North America and Hawaii, excluding JFK, BOS, and MCO routes.
- Moreover, the airline does not accept pets in first class.
- Hawaiian Airlines do not permit pets for international travel to/from Hawaii in the cabin as checked baggage.
- Pets can board flights within Neighbor Island.