How Do I Change My Name On United Airlines Ticket?
Did you make any mistake while entering your name in the United Airlines flight booking? Well. You don’t need to worry if you did because United airlines name change policy allows the passengers to rectify their mistakes easily. The airlines permit their passengers to make corrections because unless the name does not match the name on the government-issued photo ID or passport, United Airlines cannot allow the passenger to board the flight due to security reasons.
Go through the following details if you want to learn the correct process of changing United Airlines’ name.
Minor Name Changes On United Airlines
According to the united airlines change name on ticket guidelines, the passengers do not need to present certain documentation in the following situations. If:
- customer wants to change the passenger’s name’s spelling
- spelling of the passenger’s last is not mentioned correctly.
- passenger wants to change the name to nickname or nickname to name.
- passenger wants to remove or add an initial or a middle name.
- there is a need to make alterations in the passenger’s last or first name.
So all these were some of the minor changes that a passenger would want to make. Now let’s look into some of the major and significant changes that any passenger might require. Here are the details.
Major Name Changes On United Airlines
Aside from the circumstances mentioned above, you may be required to supply legal or supporting papers in order to complete the name change procedure. The following are the requirements:
- Divorce order
- Marriage certificate
- Documentation for a legal name change
- Identification from the government that includes both your previous and present names.
Passengers Need to Keep in Mind the Following Criteria If they want to Make Name Corrections on their United Airlines Ticket:
- Passengers can only once apply for name correction.
- In the case of a code-share or interline agreement flight, United Airlines will only be able to correct the name on the United portion.
- United Airlines must operate the flights.
- The inventory of tickets must begin with the number 016.
- The corrected name on the United airlines flight ticket must match exactly to any of the government-issued photo IDs.
- The airline charges the name change fee if any extra alteration is made other than the name correction.
- United Airlines does not allow the passengers to make any change in the time, date, classes, or fare type.
- United Airlines name change does not allow the passengers to change their gender or date of birth. However, if there is a minor mistake in the date of birth, then the passengers can modify it.
United Airlines Name Change Fee:
United Airlines charges 75 USD if the passenger asks for name correction and if they do so within 24 hours of confirming the tickets.
In addition to the above point, the airlines allow the passengers for name change up to 2 hours before their flight’s departure time. And for this, United Airlines charges 200 USD.
How Can I Change Name On United Airlines Ticket?
If you don’t have any idea about how do I change my name on a united airlines flight, you need to change the name of the flight ticket, and then follow the given proceedings.
Passengers can make the name correction or name change on the flights either by visiting the official website of United Airlines or by going to their Mileage Plus account. For some significant and major changes, you will be required to upload the necessary documents.
Follow these steps:
- Visit the United Airlines official website.
- You can find your trip via the ‘My Trips’ tab
- Give your last name and the confirmation number.
- Now, you can access your bookings.
- Then, you can modify the name as required and allowed by the airlines.
- When you make major changes, the airlines charge some amount as United Airlines name change fee. So you might need to make a payment before saving the updates.
- Once the airline accepts all the saved updates, they send an email to your registered mail ID confirming all the updates.
However, every passenger must fill in all the details carefully while United Airlines Book a Flight procedure. But United Airlines offers certain facilities and flexibilities to their passengers.
Does United Airlines let you Fly under a different person’s name?
According to the United Airlines flight change policy, flyers cannot change the ownership of their flight ticket. Suppose the ticket was originally booked under the name Ryan and another person wants to fly for that ticket. The airline will not allow the person to fly under a different name.
But, if you have made spelling errors, you can upgrade your tickets with the correct name. Also, you have to pay the flight change fees and other applicable charges.
Can you Fly with the wrong name on the United Airlines Flight Ticket?
Passengers can correct the spelling of the name on the tickets by requesting a name change service. Moreover, there are two ways to complete your name change request: online and offline.
- If the changes are minor, like spelling correction of the first or the last name, make changes at the time of a flight booking.
- But the airline will not accept you if you don’t modify the tickets and wish to board the flight. They will book new flight tickets with the correct name and may transfer credit to your wallet.
- Moreover, you might have to pay the extra charges for not upgrading your tickets on time.
What are the acceptable name changes on United Airlines?
- Under the airline’s name change policy, your name must match your ID or passport issued by the government. Moreover, the date of birth and the gender must be identical to the document.
- Apply a United Airlines name change waiver code for adding a legal name under Marriage, Divorce, and Adoption cases.
- In addition, you have to rebook tickets to make changes to your middle name before the scheduled flight departure.
Are there any rules to keep in mind when making name changes on United Airlines?
United Airlines follow some rules and regulations when making name changes. Moreover, if you fail to meet any of those changes, the airline will not allow you to complete the trip.
- You must begin the name change procedure on the current PNR. However, if that is not possible, you can create a six-digit record locator with the correct passenger name.
- Moreover, you must secure the same flight booking class or rebook the tickets in the lowest fare travel class.
- Enter the SFPD with the correct name and check the date of birth and gender information during ticket purchase.
- The airline will not allow you to change the date of birth, gender, and name.
- You must add the OSI entry when correcting the name and adding the new and existing PNR.
What name changes require proof of legal documents on United Airlines?
Some of the name changes come under the major name change category. It includes a divorce decree, marriage license, legal name change document, and government-issued ID with recent and former names.
Moreover, you must submit legal documents to approve your name change request on United Airlines. Once the team verifies your records, you will be entitled to make the legal changes without any inconvenience.
You may contact the executive or follow the on-screen steps under the manage booking page for any upgrades. The airline will ask you to pay the flight change fees and fare difference depending on the changes.
United Airlines FAQs
See More United Airlines Posts:
- United Airlines Vacations
- How Do I Speak To A Live Person At United Airlines?
- United Airlines Group Travel
- What is United Airlines Cancellation Policy?
- United Airlines En Español