What is the WestJet Name Change Policy?
- 1 What is the WestJet Name Change Policy?
- 1.1 Does Westjet Airlines Permit Passengers to Change their Names?
- 1.2 Terms and Conditions on the Westjet Name Change Policy
- 1.3 How Much is the WestJet Name Correction Fee?
- 1.4 How to Change a Name on WestJet Airlines?
Have you made spelling errors on your flight booking on WestJet Airlines that you want to rectify? If yes, request a WestJet name change on ticket service from the flight representative over a phone call.
You cannot fly with an incorrect name; hence, make Westjet ticket changes if you have any name errors. Moreover, the airline will provide you with 100% flexibility, complete assistance, and great traveling services when required.
Does Westjet Airlines Permit Passengers to Change their Names?
If you have booked a ticket on WestJet, you are entitled to change names on the tickets with/without fees. Otherwise, avail 24/7 customer service by dialing 1 (888) 937-8538 and requesting the team member change the tickets’ names. Moreover, you can take the help of the “Manage Booking” feature and make upgrades within a few minutes.
Terms and Conditions on the Westjet Name Change Policy
Passengers can request a name change service and customize flight tickets as per their needs and requirements. However, there are certain rules and regulations on the name change policy, which you must know.
- Under the Westjet name change policy, you can rectify the name spelling on the flight tickets.
- In addition, one can request a name change on flight tickets at least two hours before the scheduled departure.
- The service is available for fare types, excluding basic fares.
- Moreover, there are no charges for making any changes within 24 hours of the booking.
- You can only make minor changes up to three characters.
- Online and offline options exist to change tickets’ names before the flight takes off.
- Suppose you want to change your name after marriage or divorce. Then connect with an executive to apply for a Westjet name change marriage for free by submitting relevant documents.
How Much is the WestJet Name Correction Fee?
You must be thinking about whether you have to pay the name change fees or not. Moreover, it is possible to correct the spelling of names for free within 24 hours of the booking. But if you change the names after the grace period, you will have to pay the additional charges.
- The WestJet name change fee ranges between $80 and $70 depending on the fare type and route.
- In addition, the name change fees for Economy, Economy Flex, Premium, or Business class tickets is 118 CAD.
- If you are flying from Canada to Europe, the name change fee will be 117 CAD per flier.
- The airline charges between 100 and 118 CAD for travel outside Canada.
How to Change a Name on WestJet Airlines?
If you want to change your existing name on the ticket, you may submit your request to the WestJet website. Travelers can call on 1 (888) 937-8538 and ask the flight representative to change the names on the current reservation for free.
Here are the steps that you can follow to request online name changes on WestJet Airlines.
- First, visit the official website of WestJet, and you will find the “My Bookings” tab in the main menu.
- Second, click on the “Manage Flights” option in the drop-down menu.
- Fill in your trip details like your last name and flight reservation code.
- Now, click on the “Search Flight” button to retrieve your booking.
- You can change your WestJet flight ticket names and then submit your request.
- Move to the payment page and pay the eligible flight change fees.
- Finally, the airline will send you a notification mail regarding your name change request.