LATAM Airlines Cancellation & Refund Policy
Did your trip across Latin America suddenly come to a stop before it even began? Under such situations, you must know the LATAM Cancellation Policy to control the cost of cancellation and flight change fees at the right time.
For instance, those who read the fare rules while booking their ticket will find what latam flight cancellations will apply if they ever need to cancel or change their flight.
Read and learn more about what would happen if you cancel your flight.
Latam Cancellation Policy 24 Hours Rule
Does Latam have a free cancellation? Yes, indeed, under its 24-hour risk-free cancellation policy.
As per the 2023 updated latam flight cancellation policy, passengers flying to or from the USA can cancel their reservation until 24 hours from the time of purchase. However, the reservation must be booked when 7 or more days are left for the flight’s take-off.
However, the LATAM reservation must have been bought directly from the website. The sources include the official website, mobile app, chat, and customer service. Besides, if the airline has regional or airport offices, tickets bought directly from these counters are also valid under the policy.
Latam Airlines Flight Cancellation Policy
Apart from the standard latam 24 hour cancellation rule, non-refundable tickets can’t cancel their reservation without penalty charges. For all the tickets beyond 24 hours, their respective fare rules apply that passengers can find out while booking their reservation.
However, in exceptional conditions, LATAM may cancel your flight after a standard deduction or no charges. These rules are as follows:
- Non-refundable tickets affected due to government-induced COVID-19 restrictions get waiver under the latam flight cancellation policy.
- Also, when the passenger or close relative traveling on the plane faces untimely death.
- Besides, the flight is either oversold or facing significant delay.
- Further, the cancellation fee applies per person per leg of the journey.
- On tickets bought from a travel agency, separate rules apply according to the agent.
Find out the rules that apply to your booking under the LATAM Cancellation Policy by going to my trips section or calling a representative at 1 (866) 435-9526.
How Do I Cancel My Trip On Latam Airlines Online?
You must visit the website from a safe browser to cancel a ticket and seek a Latam airlines refund online. Here is how you must cancel your LATAM flight online:
- Visit the official LATAM Airlines website.
- Further, log in to your account using your Email Address and password.
- Login to the account and find “manage my booking” or a similar option.
- Find the flight you wish to cancel from the list of bookings.
- Verify the details and proceed towards cancel this booking option.
- After that, follow the rest of the prompts till you arrive at the payments summary page.
Here, passengers will find out if they are being charged LATAM Flight Cancellation fees and other charges. Once the cancellation is over, you will receive a mail notifying you of cancellation and refund amount availability.
How to Cancel LATAM Ticket via Phone?
Latam Airlines cancellation policy doesn’t let passengers cancel all trips via the website. Sometimes, you may have to call customer service to cancel your reservation as per LATAM Cancellation Policy. Follow the process as mentioned below:
- Dial the customer service number 1 (866) 435-9526 to cancel your flight.
- Listen to the IVR instructions carefully to choose Spanish or English language.
- After that, press the key for the flight cancellation menu.
- Otherwise, dial the key that connects you to a representative.
- Once the executive is available, provide booking details.
- They will check eligibility for a full or partial refund.
Upon checking, they will cancel the ticket according to the latam flight cancellation rules and provide details of any refund possible under your fare conditions.
Latam Cancellation Fee
LATAM Airlines cancellation fee applies after the 24 hour risk free period ends. After the free cancellation time ends, you have to pay the LATAM Cancellation Policy fee as per the fare rules of your ticket. Factors that decide the amount payable are as follows:
- The destination where the flight is set to depart.
- Flight’s set fare rules and conditions.
- Type of route: domestic or international.
- Lastly, the time left for the flight’s departure.
Latam Refund Policy
Latam Airlines cancellation policy provides full or partial refunds on eligible accounts as follows:
- For credit card payments, a latam flight cancellation refund is credited within 7 business days after the request is accepted.
- However, if you’ve paid for tickets through cash or cheque purchases, you will receive a refund within 20 business days.
The charges you need to pay for canceling your reservation depend upon your fare conditions. To review your fare rules, kindly check the email received when booking or login into your account.
Latam Flight Cancellation Compensation
LATAM Cancellation Policy compensates for delays that the airline may cause due to controllable reasons. In such cases, you get compensation for the time loss when the delay exceeds 3 hours than the scheduled time.
- A claim of upto €600 for canceled flights.
- Arrange accommodation if the next flight is available for the next day.
- 100% refund if the passenger is unhappy with the schedule of the newly arranged flight.
- Any other relief, if available.