Have you booked a flight on Ryanair and are looking for a way to cancel flights? Visit the airline’s site and check the “My Trips” page to cancel bookings as per the Ryanair cancellation policy guidelines.
Ryanair lets customers cancel tickets and claim a full refund depending on the fare rules and ticket types. Furthermore, when you cancel flights, simultaneously apply for refunds by filling out an online form on the refund request page.
Terms and Conditions on the Ryanair Cancellation Policy
You have to meet the airline’s cancellation policy requirements. Only then can you cancel bookings and request refunds. Let’s check out the terms and conditions.
- The Ryan air cancellation policy states that you can cancel reservations without any penalty within 24 hours of bookings.
- Moreover, if you cancel flights after the grace period, you must pay non-refundable cancellation fees.
- In the event of death, medical issues, and government orders, the airline allows free cancellations and gives full refunds.
- In addition, you can cancel your flight bookings online on the site, through the phone call, or at the airport.
What is the 24-hour Cancellation Policy of Ryanair?
The airline does not permit flyers to cancel flights within 24 hours of the purchase operating within the UK and Europe. Moreover, cancellations within 24 hours are only eligible for flights flying to/from the USA and Canada.
Here are some important points about the airline’s cancellation policy of 24 hours, which you must check out.
- Under the Ryanair 24-hour cancellation policy, claim a full refund for canceling flights within 24 hours from the purchase date.
- Moreover, the 24-hours policy applies to both refundable and non-refundable fares.
- The team will process the refund amount to the original payment mode in 7 to 10 working days.
- In addition, the club miles account will not be covered in the 24-hour policy.
- Free cancellations are not applicable on group flight reservations and are subject to group fare rules and regulations.
- You have to submit your flight cancellation request online via the airline’s official site.
How to Cancel a Ryanair Flight Online via the Site?
Passengers can submit a flight cancellation request online/offline based on convenience. Moreover, after canceling flights, claim a full refund and use the value to book flights in the future for free.
Generally, there are two ways to cancel a flight, including online and offline. But to cancel flights online, you have to go through the following steps.
- First, open the airline’s site and log in to your account.
- Second, search for the “My Bookings” tab.
- Now, add your flight reservation and email ID to view your booking details.
- Choose the flight to cancel and press the “Cancel Flights” button.
- Next, move to the payment page to pay the cancellation charges.
- In the end, you will receive a flight confirmation mail to your registered email address.
How Much are the Cancellation fees on Ryanair?
You must be confused about how much are the cancellation fees on Ryanair. The cancellation fees depend on various factors like route, ticket type, and time of canceling bookings. For instance,
- As per the Ryanair cancellation policy, you can cancel flights for free within 24 hours of the actual reservation.
- But if you apply for cancellations after the grace period, the fees will be $19-$22 based on the fare type.
- Also, Elite status members may cancel a flight booking for free or at a fewer price.
You can check the cancellation fees on the “My Trips” page on the airline’s official site. Otherwise, call the team on the airline’s helpline number and speak with an executive to know about the cancellation penalty.
Contact Ryanair to Cancel Flights over the Phone Call
If you meet the requirements of the Ryanair 24h cancellation policy, the airline will not impose a penalty on you. But you have to pay the additional refundable fee for canceling flights after the risk-free period.
To talk to a live person, call on the airline’s customer service phone number area-wise and address your concern. Furthermore, the team member will ask for your last name and ticket reference code and cancel flights on your behalf.
Will I Get a Refund for Canceling my Flights on Ryanair?
According to the cancellation policy Ryanair, you are entitled to a refund on the following conditions.
- When the airline itself cancels your flight.
- You cancel flights due to the bereavement of an immediate family member. Moreover, call the team over the phone call and request a refund for the canceled flights.
- The airline will provide you with a full refund for canceling flights due to death, serious illness, and court orders.