Method to Upgrade Seats on Icelandair via Bid
Do you wish to apply for a seat upgrade on Icelandair? If yes, learn about the eligibility criteria and ways to upgrade seats with much ease.
Icelandair Airlines is well-known for offering high-class service to customers when flying. Moreover, the airline permits flyers to upgrade seats to an upper class 24 hours before the scheduled flight departure. However, seat upgrades depend on the seat’s availability on the plane and a particular travel class. You have to place a bid to upgrade your already booked seats.
About Icelandair Seat Upgradation Policy
- Flyers cannot avail the class-up service on flights operating on domestic routes and Greenland.
- Moreover, the upgrade service is available on Saga Premium cabin class with more seats and extra legroom.
- As per the Icelandair seat upgradation policy, if your bid is successful, you can get access to Saga Premium.
What are the Steps Required to Upgrade Seats on Icelandair?
Finding a comfortable seat on the plane is very important to ensure a safe and hassle-free journey. Moreover, if you have already reserved seats and wish to upgrade them with a more comfortable seat, follow the below steps.
- Firstly, visit the airline’s official site and move to the “Manage Travel” section.
- Secondly, search for the seat upgrade option.
- After that, fill in your last name and flight booking number in the specific fields.
- You can check the seat upgrade eligibility and place a bid that can allow you to upgrade seats.
- Now submit the request and wait for around 26 hours before the scheduled flight departure.
- In the end, you will receive a confirmation mail from the airline’s official team.
How does Class up work on Icelandair?
Passengers can upgrade a flight booking and opt for the class-up service by paying an additional fee. Moreover, the cabin class upgrade is applicable on eligible flights only.
The team will give you a link on your email ID so you can bid to upgrade from Economy to Saga Premium class. In addition, check if you are eligible for class-up service by filling in your name and flight booking number.
You have to do these three things in case your flight ticket is eligible for class-up service.
- First, make a bid and decide the amount you wish to pay for upgrading a seat in Saga Premium.
- Second, put your payment and contact details and mention your credit card number. There will be a deduction from your credit card only if your bid is successful.
- Last, submit your bid. After that, wait for some time till you hear the outcome. The team will notify you at least 26 hours before departure.
A few things to keep in mind when upgrading to Saga Premium class on Icelandair
The airline offers an upgrade per flight segment. Moreover, if your booking includes more than one person, your request will include everyone in your reservation. Also, your bid amount is based on per passenger and flight segment.
The bid amount is an additional fee and doesn’t include the original ticket fare. Also, there are no extra fees for placing a bid. If your bids succeed, you will pay the bidding fee, which is non-refundable.
What is the eligibility to apply for class-up service on Icelandair?
- Only certain flights are entitled to make a class-up upgrade.
- If your flight is eligible, you will receive an email link ten days before you begin your trip.
- Passengers who have made reservations using the Saga Points can request a class upgrade.
- Moreover, you cannot earn Saga pints and Tier credits on upgrading to a class-up flight.
- You can only avail the class-up service online and not at the airport.
How to submit a bid on Icelandair?
The call facility is not available to place a bid on Icelandair. Moreover, you have to submit an online bid for all travel classes. Before making an offer, you must mention whether you have used a credit card or Saga Points to bid.
Additionally, ensure you cannot combine money with your Saga Points when bidding for a class-up upgrade.
- You must fill in your credit card details while verifying for an upgrade. Once your bid gets selected, you have to pay the extra fees.
- To use Saga points for bidding, log into your account with your email address, Saga Card number, and Club password.
- Furthermore, you need to confirm your offer to make Saga points.
- It will take around 26 hours before departure to submit a bid for making an upgrade to a premium class. The service entirely depends on its availability.
Class up Service of Icelandair Airlines
Icelandair offers the class-up service and allows flyers to place a bid for a seat upgrade in Saga Premium. Moreover, apply for a seat upgrade on Icelandair from Economy to Saga Premium and get access to more comfortable seats. Most importantly, one can avail the class-up facility online on the airline’s official site. In addition, you can place a bid as per your choice, and there are no additional charges for bidding.
The seat upgrade is only applicable for confirmed flight bookings as there is no eligibility for ones with unconfirmed tickets. Flyers must note that seat upgrades depend on the seat’s availability in the Saga Premium Class.
What is Saga Premium Class on Icelandair Airlines?
Saga Premium is a premium cabin class offering top-notch facilities for travelers. Moreover, the class features different services when upgrading a seat from Economy to Saga Premium class.
You can obtain the following facilities with the Icelandair seat upgrade service.
- Wider seats with extra legroom
- Priority check-in
- Great lounge access
- Noise-cancellation headphones on the plane
- Free drinks and food items
- Extra baggage allowance
- Superior privacy and great service
Can Saga members upgrade Seats with Saga points on Icelandair?
All Saga members are entitled to place a bid for an upgrade by redeeming Saga points. Moreover, whenever you receive a link for an upgrade and have visited the bidding page.
- First, you can log in with your email ID, Saga Card number, and Saga Club password.
- Second, submit a bid to apply for an upgrade using Saga points and then confirm the amount.
- Now, go through the terms and conditions and use your credit card to place your bid. If your bid is successful, the airline will ask you to make a payment.
What is the Seat Selection fee on Icelandair Economy Cabin?
The Icelandair seat selection fee varies with each fare type and flight route and is applicable per flight leg. However, if you don’t choose a seat assignment in advance, you don’t have to pay the additional seat charges.
- The front seat section fees for flights between Iceland and Europe are between $10 and $20. In comparison, the seat fees for flights between North America and Iceland are between $20 and $35.
- When flying in Economy Standard, the seating fee ranges from $20 to $35 for flights operating between Iceland and North America.
- In addition, the seat fees are included in Economy flex fare for the front, middle and rear sections.
How Do I Upgrade a Seat on Icelandair Airlines?
If you want to apply for an Icelandair seat upgrade, you can go through three simple steps. After that, you can achieve your desired seats for your upcoming trip without any inconvenience.
- Place a Bid – Flyers can place a bid to upgrade already reserved seats to Saga Premium class with an additional fee. Moreover, the seat upgrade cost will be separate from your original flight ticket price.
- Make the Payment – Once you have entered the bidding amount, you must make the seat upgrade payment using a credit card. Moreover, the airline will only charge you if your bid is placed successfully. Otherwise, no extra amount shall be imposed on you.
- Submit and Wait – After providing your payment details on the page, you have to wait for a few hours. Furthermore, the team will notify you through an email at least 26 hours from the scheduled flight departure.
Once you have upgraded your seats to Saga Premium, you can enjoy high-class comfort and fly with peace of mind. In case you have queries regarding the Icelandair seat upgrade policy, get in touch with the airline’s customer service team.