JetBlue Airways Minors Policy (Children on Flight)
Are you planning a trip for your kid and want to learn about the guidelines under minor travel? If yes, book the JetBlue unaccompanied minor service and seek assistance from experts when customizing a minor trip.
What is JetBlue Unaccompanied Minor Service?
JetBlue Airways allow children between the age group of 5 and 14 years to travel alone without a parent/guardian. Passengers under 14 or more are not considered minors and are eligible to avail of the service. Moreover, they can book the minor service and fly on direct domestic and international routes.
Terms and Conditions on the JetBlue Unaccompanied Minor Travel
You have to follow certain rules and regulations on minor travel when making flight reservations. Let’s have a look at it.
- Under JetBlue unaccompanied minors travel; children between 5 and 14 years can fly alone. However, if you fall below five years, the airline will not accept you alone. But you can fly with an accompanied minor of 14 years.
- Additionally, if you have booked flights through a third party, the airline is not responsible for approving any flight changes.
- The minor service is available at the departure airport, during connections, and at the final destination airport.
- JetBlue Airways permits a total of three children on each flight.
- Minors can only fly on nonstop domestic and international flights, not connecting flights.
- When flying on an international flight, meet the destination country’s documentation requirements by communicating with an embassy.
- A parent/guardian has to escort and check in the kid at the final destination airport.
- Most importantly, it is mandatory for minors to do flight check-in at the airport counter.
- A photo ID card is compulsory for unaccompanied minors.
- A flight attendant will escort the child to the respective seats on the plane.
How to Book JetBlue Unaccompanied Minor Service?
Passengers can book tickets under the minor travel online or by phone. Moreover, one can request additional travel assistance when making reservations.
- Download, print, and submit an unaccompanied minor and present three copies of the form at the time of check-in.
- Additionally, you may fill out the form at the check-in counter in advance.
- After booking JetBlue unaccompanied minors flights and receiving the confirmation number, reach out to the airline’s customer service team.
- Furthermore, provide full details like address, phone number, and name of the person dropping off and picking up the child.
How Much is the Fee for Unaccompanied Minor JetBlue Service?
One can book the minor flights on JetBlue.com or talk to an executive and customize tickets with much ease. Moreover, the unaccompanied minors JetBlue fee is up to $150 per person and one-way trips. In case you are flying on a round trip, the unaccompanied minor fee will be double. The service must be booked at the time of making a flight booking.
What are the Requirements When Dropping off and Picking up the Unaccompanied Minor?
The JetBlue unaccompanied minor form is available online, and one needs to fill the form in advance. Also, they need to keep at least three copies of each flight and submit the same at the airport.
Here are the important requirements you need to meet at the time of drop off and pick-up of the kid.
- You need to show a valid photo ID card when dropping off and picking up the unaccompanied minor. Moreover, the team will not accept the kid without the parent’s photo ID.
- Moreover, age restrictions are there for an adult picking up a kid. In short, an adult passenger accompanying the kid must be 18 years old.
- The airline will issue a gate pass based on TSA’s discretion and security recommendation. However, you need to check the availability at the airline’s airport ticket counter.
- In addition, the parent/guardian must have their name, address, and mobile number documented on the minor’s flight reservation.
- An adult passenger may not leave the airport until an unaccompanied minor takes the flight.
- During a gate return, a team’s representative will contact a parent/guardian so that they can meet the unaccompanied minor.
JetBlue Unaccompanied Minors Seating Guidelines
Under the JetBlue unaccompanied minors service, minors may not reserve Mint or Even More Space seats. Moreover, seats ABC on the last row is kept for children flying alone or with an accompanying passenger. Consequently, children can receive complete assistance from the A, B, and C rows. You may Talk to a JetBlue Live Person at 1-800-538-2583 and seek help in booking and customizing trips.
What Services Does JetBlue Offer to the Minors at the Airport?
You can book various services under the JetBlue unaccompanied minor service at the airport. Some of them are given below.
- Parents/guardians can accompany a child to the gate before the flight takes off.
- In addition, you can purchase a boarding pass at the airport counter to escort your kid through TSA security.
- You must leave at least 30 minutes to fill out the unaccompanied minor form at the airport.
- Most importantly, make sure that your child is not carrying anything dangerous or a prohibited item.
- One needs to provide their phone number to the gate staff before leaving the airport.
What documents are required for minors Flying on JetBlue Airways?
Minors can fly with or without an accompanying adult passenger on JetBlue Airways. Moreover, one can either fill out an online form or call the team to make minor flight reservations.
- Parents/guardians must print three copies of the filled form for each flight and bring the same to the airport.
- While check-in, you must also carry a valid photo ID card.
- Provide details about the name, address, and phone number mentioned on the unaccompanied minor form.
- Most importantly, make sure to reach the airport during check-in at least 24 hours before departure.
- Parents can check in for the bag, which the child cannot carry alone until boarding the flight.
Does JetBlue Airways accept Minors on Connecting Flights?
Unfortunately, JetBlue Airways do not accept minors on connecting and direct flights. Moreover, flights that are scheduled to stop and do not involve a change of plane are not applicable for minors.
- As per the minor policy, an escort facility is not given on connecting flights.
- Also, flyers will be considered responsible for the child’s transfer to another airline.
- If your child is flying on an international route, you must check out the travel guidelines of the respective country.
- Minors cannot make flight bookings with other airlines or book codeshare flights. They can only make JetBlue flight bookings when flying with the airline.
Can a child travel with other customers on JetBlue Airways?
- A customer of 14 years can accompany the minor under the age group of 2-13 without an unaccompanied minor status.
- Moreover, if the child must book tickets by contacting the team when flying with a customer on a separate reservation.
- The airline will waive the service fees of $25.
- Additionally, the team will ask to provide a six-digit confirmation code for making a flight reservation.
Are minors accepted on JetBlue international flights?
Every country needs special documentation, including a notarized letter, allowing minors to fly alone. However, they cannot fly on direct or connecting flights. Customers will be responsible for any kind of transfer to another airline except JetBlue.
You must contact the airline’s flight reservation department to know the international travel guidelines. Furthermore, the team members will guide you properly and assist you completely.
Note: Currently, the airline does not permit unaccompanied minors to fly to/from London.