Spirit Airlines UMNR Policy
Are you planning a trip for your kid but are unaware of the unaccompanied minor travel requirements? Well, don’t worry, and check out the Spirit Airlines unaccompanied minor policy guidelines on the official site. For more assistance, call (800) 435-9792 and directly talk to the Spirit Airlines reservation team, and plan minor trips.
What is a Spirit Airlines Minor Service?
Spirit Airlines allows children between 5 and 14 years of age to fly alone without any adult passengers. It includes the U.S Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico, and the flights must not require a change of aircraft. However, only children of a certain age can fly alone on direct flights to domestic routes. Furthermore, Spirit Airlines child flying alone will get access to complete assistance before or after completing a trip.
Terms and Conditions on Spirit Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Travel
Spirit Airlines let children fly alone belonging to a certain age group. If your kid is eligible to take the minor flight, you can contact the team to make a flight reservation. However, you must check out the rules and regulations on availing of the airline’s unaccompanied minor service.
- As per the Spirit Airlines unaccompanied minor policy, children of four or fewer years of age may not travel alone. Moreover, an adult passenger of at least 15 years should accompany them during the flight.
- The unaccompanied minor service is not applicable on international and connecting flights. But one can book minor flights for domestic routes within Puerto Rico and the U.S Virgin Islands.
- In addition, contact the customer service team and tell them that you have booked flights for a minor.
- Children have to check-in at the airport ticket counter 60 minutes before the scheduled flight departure.
- While check-in, the team will assign a form to the parent/guardian dropping off the kid. They have to fill out the unaccompanied minor application and submit a photo ID issued by the government.
- A parent dropping off the child should request a gate pass at the airport; escort the minor to the gate.
- Also, accompanying passengers have to stay at the gate for 15 minutes after the flight departs.
- The team will let the minors pre-board and identify with the flight attendants.
- In case unaccompanied minors get late to pre-board, they need to reach out to an airport representative.
- The person who has filled a minor form must reach the airport early to receive a gate pass. Only then can they pick up the kid from the designated gate.
- After the flight reaches the final destination, a flight attendant will escort the minor off the aircraft.
Age Restrictions on Spirit Air Unaccompanied Minor Travel
Spirit Airlines imposes certain restrictions on children of different age groups for obtaining the unaccompanied minor service. Moreover, if someone fails to fall under the eligible category, the airline will deny them flight boarding on the departure day.
Let’s have a look at the age requirements under the Spirit Airlines unaccompanied minor travel.
Four or Younger Age Children
- Minors of four or younger age groups can’t fly alone. Moreover, adult passengers should be with them on the flight.
5 to 14 Years of Age
- Children of 5 to 14 years can travel as unaccompanied minors when not flying with an adult of 15 years. Moreover, they can only fly on domestic flights which do not require a change of aircraft or flight number.
15 or older Age Group
- Guests of the 15 or older age group do not need to avail themselves of the Spirit Air unaccompanied minor service. However, they have to show a valid ID or birth certificate issued by the government to verify their age. The airline will impose an additional fee if you have requested the service.
How Much is the Spirit Airline Unaccompanied Minor Fee?
To book flights under the minor travel, you can pay Spirit Airline unaccompanied minor fee of $100-$150 each way. Moreover, the fee includes a complimentary snack and drink, which you can book in advance during check-in.
How Do I Book Spirit Airline Unaccompanied Minor Flights?
You can book the unaccompanied minor flights Spirit through a phone call, site, and a flight representative. The process will be the same as regular bookings to book the flights online. Moreover, follow the below steps to make flight reservations under the minor travel.
- To make a flight booking for minors, navigate the airline’s official site.
- Next, enter your child’s trip details.
- Now choose the number of children traveling and then hit the “Search Flights” button.
- Mention your child’s date of birth and click on the “Continue” button.
- A message will pop up on the screen on the next page, telling whether your kid is eligible to travel.
- You can go through the unaccompanied minor policy and then click on the “Accept” button.
- Then, follow the on-screen prompts from the given options.
- Choose a flight for your kid
- Now select an optional bundle
- Mention your kid’s details
- You can buy bags for the minor flying on a Delta flight
- Reserve a seat of your choice and check out other options
- Enter your payment details to book a minor flight
- Make the final payment and confirm your flight booking
- Finally, you will receive an e-ticket for the minor once you pay for the tickets.
If you need any help with flight booking for minors, Speak with a Spirit Airlines Representative at +1 (800) 435-9792. Furthermore, an executive will find appropriate solutions for your flight concern and ensure your child enjoys a safe journey.