How to Southwest Airlines Change Flight?
Do you need to change an existing flight booking on Southwest Airlines? If yes, you can simply pay the fare difference and request a Southwest Airlines change flight for free before departure.
Whether you have booked a domestic or international flight, Southwest Airlines gives complete flexibility to change/cancel flights. Moreover, the airline has stopped charging passengers change fees but a fare difference based on the new ticket fare.
Changing a flight sometimes becomes a hectic process. Therefore, Southwest Airlines allows you to change tickets within 24 hours for no additional fee at your convenience.
Terms and Conditions on the Southwest Flight Change Policy
Southwest Airlines imposes certain rules and regulations on its flight change policy. Moreover, it may differ when you change your Southwest Airlines flight reservations between fare classes.
Let’s have a look at the guidelines you need to keep in mind when changing ticket information on Southwest.
- The airline will convert the original fare into a travel credit for flights booked with refundable Anytime Fares. It is done to upgrade to a Business Select fare. Also, the fare difference will be refundable only if any extra changes or cancellations are requested in the future.
- On the site, you cannot book international flights within two hours of the scheduled flight departure. If you wish to book a same-day flight, contact the team at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792).
- Under the Southwest Airlines change flight policy, use only points to make changes on tickets booked using rapid reward points.
- The service allows you to change dates, origins, routes, and travel classes depending on availability. Besides, you can also make seat upgrades or request an extra baggage allowance under the flight change policy.
- In addition, Airlines charge no extra fees to make changes due to death, serious illness, and court orders. You must pay the fare difference if your new ticket fare is more expensive than the new booking.
- You can only make name changes within 24 hours of the initial reservation.
- Flyers can make flight changes at least 40 minutes before flying and after check-in at the airport.
- One can also use the airline’s travel funds from canceling flights to booking a new ticket. However, you cannot make a reservation for someone other than the original ticket holder.
What happens if Southwest Changes your Flight?
There can be chances when the airline changes your flight before departure due to unavoidable situations. Moreover, you will receive an alert from the team member if there is a Southwest Airlines flight schedule change.
The team will reschedule your travel plans when the flying conditions are normal. In addition, you will get compensation for a sudden flight change, depending on the fare rules and regulations.
How to Change a Flight online on Southwest?
Passengers who have made flight reservations on the airline’s official site, mobile app, or at the airport can make upgrades. Moreover, you must think about how to change a flight online on Southwest Airlines, then follow the steps below.
- First, open the airline’s site on your browser.
- Second, log into your account.
- Now, enter your last name and Southwest Airlines flight number to retrieve your booking.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the flight you want to change.
- Click on the “Change Flight” button.
- Next, you can update your booking with new dates, routes, and classes and select a new flight.
- After that, pay the fare difference as per the new ticket fare.
- In the end, you will receive a flight change confirmation mail from the team.
Change a Southwest Flight Ticket over a phone call
If you cannot change tickets online, you can opt for the phone call option to customize bookings. Moreover, the airline’s customer service team will help you make the required changes without any inconvenience.
Travelers can speak with a live person at 1 (800) 435-9792 and tell flight details to change the current Southwest Airlines flight booking.
When you have made confirmed changes, you can pay the fare difference and complete the trip when you like.
Can I make same-day changes on Southwest Airlines?
You can contact a flight representative on Southwest Airlines to make same-day changes. Moreover, you can confirm a seat on another flight if the seats are available at your destination and origin.
With the same-day change and standby options, you can request a flight change on the same calendar day. Begin by looking for your flight confirmation number on the airline’s site or app and find your flight in the “My Account” section.
Southwest Change Flight FAQs
See More Southwest Airlines Posts:
- Southwest Airlines Book a Flight
- Southwest Airlines Cancellation Policy
- Best time to Buy Southwest Airlines Tickets
- Southwest Airlines $29 Flights
- Southwest Airlines En Español
- Last Minute Southwest Flights
- Southwest Airlines Sale $69
- Southwest Airlines Low Fare Calendar
- How to Find Southwest Cheap Flight deals?
- Southwest Airlines Vacations Packages
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Credit Card