What Is The Spirit Flight Delay Compensation Policy?
Yes, the passenger will get Spirit flight delay compensation if their flight is delayed for more than three hours as per (EC) No 261/2004. A late flight can spoil your itinerary entirely. Spirit Airlines is an airline based in the United States.
In these situations, the airline facilitates its passengers with flight delay compensation. Therefore, if you are willing to learn more about flight delay compensation, you will have all your answers from the below points.
Terms & Conditions For The Spirit Airlines Flight Delay Compensation Policy
Spirit Airlines has set rules for passengers who want compensation as per the Spirit delayed flight compensation policy. Moreover, the rules are based on EC 261, in which the airline covers all the rights of the passenger in order to obtain your compensation.
- Spirit flights that depart from the EU or airport are eligible for delayed flight compensation.
- Besides, the airline will not provide compensation for delayed flights if your flight departs from an airport other than Europe.
- If the airline delays a flight for uncontrollable circumstances, then the airline will not provide compensation to the passengers.
- Similarly, these situations can be bad climatic temperatures, security threats, medical emergencies, political unrest, and staff strikes.
- On the other hand, the reason for the staff strikes can be the fault of the airline. In this case, the airline is responsible for refunding you or Spirit Airlines delayed flight compensation.
- likewise, Spirit Airlines does not provide delayed flight compensation by policy. Also, there is no refund form to submit.
- Sometimes, the airline does not delay the flight. They directly canceled the flights. In this case, the airline will offer you flight rebooking for free.
- If your flight will delay for more than three hours, then you can ask Spirit Airlines for compensation.
What Should I Do If My Flight Is Delayed When Travelling With Spirit Airlines?
Most of the passengers get confused when their flight is delayed by Spirit Airlines. So, here you will find some tips that will help you in making the decision if your flight will be delayed. So, read the points given below carefully:
- If the flight is delayed by the airline, passengers must contact the airline representative and make a request to provide valid proof of the delayed flight.
- So, they will easily get their delayed flight compensation.
- When you make the request, you should have your boarding pass and other travel documents.
- Moreover, if your flight is delayed for one or two hours, you can ask the airline for food & beverages.
- When your flight is eligible for compensation, you will get up to €600 per passenger under the rule of EC 261.
- Besides, Passengers must have their important travel documents such as flight vouchers & receipts.
- If you wish to get your Spirit compensation for delayed flights, you need to collect the necessary documents as proof of the delayed flight.
- Likewise, you can use a calculator of flight delay compensation to check the compensation value the airline will be responsible for compensating you.
How to Claim Spirit Flight Delay Compensation?
Passengers can claim their delayed flight compensation with various methods.
Additionally, you will obtain flight delay compensation when you arrive more than three hours later than the planned arrival time of your flight. Likewise, They can use one of them as per their suitability. If you wish to claim compensation from the Spirit Airlines, you can use the below methods:
Method 1: Claim A Compensation Via Online
- First, Just go to the official website of Spirit Airlines.
- Then, click on the log-in option and fill in your credentials.
- Now, you will receive the compensation claim quickly without any hassle.
- Next, you need to choose the flight reservation for which you want Spirit Airlines flight delay compensation.
- You must ensure that your flight is delayed for more than three hours to get delayed flight compensation.
- Further, select the compensation option to move ahead with the delayed reimbursement procedure.
- It is important to seek immediate help and rebook your flight 14 days prior to the planned departure.
Method 2: Claim A Compensation Via Offline
If you do not wish to consider the online method, then this method is for you!
- To use this method, you should have Spirit Airlines customer service number (1 (855) 728-3555) to talk to a live agent at Spirit Airlines.
- Then, just dial the number from your phone and follow the IVR instructions over the call to connect with the airline.
- Once you connect to the airline, you can request compensation for your delayed flight.
- Besides, the airline representative will ask you some important questions to process your compensation procedure.
- After that, you must wait to get your compensation from the airline.
Method 3: Claim A Compensation Via Offline
You can notify the airline once you arrive at the airport. Then, make a request to the airline representative at the help desk for your compensation for delayed flight spirit.
After that, they will look out for a reason for the delayed flight and process the procedure of your compensation. Lastly, wait to get confirmation from the airline for your compensation.
How Much Spirit Flight Delay Compensation Can You Get?
With Spirit Airlines, the value of the reimbursement is based on the travel distance which is covered by the aircraft. Also, it is based on the hours the passengers have suffered due to delayed flights.
- Passengers with Spirit flights which travel for a distance up to 1500 kilometers, will get €250 per passenger as compensation.
- Also, they will acquire approximately €400 as a claim for compensation when the flight covers a distance of above 1500 kilometers.
- Further, if you have booked a non-European flight that flies between 1500-3500 kilometers, you will obtain up to €400 as a compensation value.
- On the other hand, all the international flights with Spirit Airlines running for above 3500 kilometers compensates its flyers up to €600.
Hopefully, you will have all your doubts clear regarding Spirit Airlines delayed flight compensation. If not, you can dial our toll-free number to gather more information. Moreover, you can connect with us 24/7.