Iberia Airlines Cancellation & Refund Policy (Updated Information 2023)
Were you planning to travel with Iberia Airlines, but the plans suddenly changed? With the Iberia Cancellation Policy, you can easily seek refunds for voluntary and involuntary cancellations. However, there are certain terms & conditions that one must pay attention to.
For instance, if you’ve canceled your Iberia flight, the refund eligibility would depend upon the fare conditions declared when purchasing the air ticket. Express and classic economy fares are usually the most restrictive ticket option in Iberia.
Read more to find out when and how to cancel Iberia flight.
What is Iberia’s cancellation policy?
There isn’t a specific Iberia 24 hour cancellation policy on the website. Usually, the 24-hour policy allows you to cancel a flight within 24 hours of booking for free if the ticket was bought 7 days or more before departure. The website says passengers can correct typos in their names within 24 hours of purchasing their ticket.
However, as per guidelines from the U.S. Department of Transportation, flights departing from or arriving in the USA must provide a 100% refund in the original form of payment when they cancel the ticket within the day of purchase. Hence, even though Iberia Cancellation Policy doesn’t exclusively write on their website, they are bound to follow the 24-hour policy when operating in the USA.
How Do I Cancel My Iberia Flight Online?
Even though the Iberia airlines cancellation policy isn’t clear about canceling a ticket, you can still discontinue your journey online through their official website. Find out the process below:
- Firstly, visit the official site iberia.com.
- Further, go to the “your flights” drop-down menu.
- After that, find the bookings heading.
- Next, click the manage your booking option.
- Fill passenger’s name and booking code.
- Otherwise, log in to your Iberia account and find your ticket.
- Find the cancel flight option.
Finally, follow the rest of the prompts and receive a 100% value voucher per the Iberia covid cancellation policy. Otherwise, you will receive a refund following the fare rules of your reservation.
How To Cancel Iberia Ticket Via The Phone?
When the website isn’t working under exceptional conditions, or you prefer to call Iberia customer service, you can ask an executive to cancel your flight. Follow the process as mentioned below.
- Firstly, dial Iberia customer service number 1 (800) 772-4642.
- Available 24/7, you will find both English and Spanish-speaking personnel.
- After that, wait for the IVR to respond and press the key to cancel the flight.
- Further, press the key that connects you to a representative.
- Provide your booking details, and the executive will check eligibility.
- They will inform you of the cancellation fee and other applicable conditions.
Finally, follow the rest of the prompts to cancel your flight. You will receive a refund per the Iberia refund policy rules and terms.
Iberia Flight Cancellation Policy & Refund Conditions
Iberia cancellation policy fee may apply per person per passenger per leg of the journey when you have a basic or restrictive fare booking. If you have a flexible ticket, there would be no or fewer deductions for canceling your ticket.
Find out if you can cancel your Ibera ticket
Iberia Economy Tickets
|Refund Available||N/A||Not Available||Available, but with a fee||Charges apply|
|Flight Change Option Available||Available, but with a fee||Charges apply on changes||Available||Available|
Iberia Business Tickets
|Business Classic||Plus||Business Flex|
|Refund Available||Not Available||Available, but with a fee||Available|
|Flight Change Option Available||Available, but with a fee||Free for once, from second change, fee applies||Available|
All fares are subject to Iberia cancelation policy, meaning that when a refund is unavailable, canceling those fares would be fruitless.
Iberia Airlines Cancellation Policy Fee
Iberia air cancellation policy fee depends upon the ticket type and fare rules. Besides, the price also depends upon the time left for the flight’s departure, route type, and cabin policy. Apart from the cancellation fee, a handling fee might also apply.
However, one thing for sure is that economy express and classic fare bookings have to pay the highest cancellation fee, as these are the most restrictive class of travel. Flex flyers may not need to pay a fee to cancel their Iberia flight.
Iberia Cancellation Policy Covid
Iberia has launched a “Safe and Flexible Flight” option for those whose flights may get affected due to COVID infection or travel restrictions. You might be eligible for a refund voucher when you’ve cancelled your Iberia flight due to COVID under the following conditions:
- Firstly, travel restrictions have been issued for your destination.
- Also, a compulsory lockdown has been implemented suddenly.
- Further, quarantine measures are being taken in arrival or departure areas.
- You’ve tested positive for COVID-19 and have a medical certificate as evidence.
When your Iberia flight was canceled by you forcefully following these conditions, go to the “manage your booking” option to seek a refund under these conditions. Also, mail your medical certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Iberia Avios Cancellation Policy
If you’ve bought an Iberia flight ticket using your Avios, the cancellation and refund policy becomes different than regular cash bookings. You can also call special Iberia Plus customer service at (+1) 800 772 4642 in Spanish and English.
- Blue Class: Cancel booking till 24 hours before the flight’s take-off with a penalty of €25.
- Full Economy: Cancel your reservation till 24 hours before the flight’s take-off.
- Premium Economy: Iberia Airlines rebooking and refund policy charges €25 for cancelations till 24 hours before the flight’s take-off.
- Business: Cancel booking till 24 hours before the flight’s take-off with a penalty of €25.
- Vueling Airlines: Cancellations are not permitted for AVIOS purchase of Vueling flights.
The cancellation and refund policy would depend upon the service provider for purchasing flights with Avios for partner airlines or other products.