Did you book a KLM flight that you wish to cancel before departure and reschedule the dates for later? If yes, get to know about the KLM flight Cancellation Policy guidelines and initiate a cancellation request accordingly.
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines is a popular flag carrier based in the Netherlands. The airline permits travelers to cancel tickets for free within 24 hours of the actual purchase. Moreover, the flag carrier serves passenger and cargo services to almost 145 destinations along with top-notch services onboard the plane. There are various ways to cancel a scheduled flight and request a refund, including online or offline modes.
What is the KLM Flight Cancellation 24 Hours Policy?
According to the KLM Cancellation 24 Hours policy, you can send a cancellation request without paying the penalty. The only condition that applies is that you must cancel a flight reservation within 24 hours of the initial booking. Moreover, the policy applies to all flights to/from the United States and is in compliance with the transportation policy. Most importantly, after canceling a booking after 24 hours, you can also request a full refund from the official team.
Terms and Conditions on KLM Flight Cancellation Policy
Flyers can make seamless changes on KLM or even cancel the trip before departure by meeting the following requirements.
- As per the KLM flight cancellation policy, there is no penalty for canceling reservations for free within 24 hours. However, if you cancel a booking after the grace period, you have to pay the cancellation charges.
- After canceling flights for free, request a refund of the canceled flights.
- The cancellation policy applies to flight tickets and travel classes. However, if you have purchased a non-refundable ticket, pay the penalty no matter when you have canceled the bookings.
- Suppose KLM Airlines cancels the flight due to bad weather, technical or mechanical issues, lack of passengers on the plane. The team will initiate compensation depending on the requirements of the KLM cancellation policy. Moreover, request another flight or rebook a ticket if the flights are available to fly to your preferred destination.
- Request a full refund on canceling flights due to uncontrollable circumstances like death, military orders, and medical emergency.
- If the travel agent denies your VISA, the KLM team shall give compensation.
- In case of delayed or canceled flights for more than three hours, you get a ticket refund within a week.
- Apply for online flight cancellation via the “Manage Trip” feature on the airline’s official site.
- Flyers who have purchased a ticket from a third party must contact them for inquiries regarding cancellations or refund requests.
How to Cancel a KLM Flight online via Website?
Generally, online flight cancellation seems to be a better choice, especially when you don’t have time to visit the airport. If you wish to cancel flight tickets online, follow the step-by-step guide.
- To cancel a KLM Airlines booking, head to the airline’s official site.
- You will see the option “Manage Trips” button on the homepage.
- Enter your last name and flight booking number in the specific fields.
- You can also log into your account by using your username and password.
- Now you will see your itinerary details on the screen.
- Select the booked flight you wish to cancel and click on the “Cancel A Flight” button.
- Go to the payment page, pay the cancellation charges if you are not eligible for free cancellations.
- The team will drop a confirmation mail regarding the flight cancellation.
Can I Cancel a KLM Flight over a Phone Call?
Yes, you can cancel a KLM Airlines booking over the phone call and make seamless flight upgrades. If you are aware of the guidelines on the airline’s flight cancellations rules and regulations, dial the toll-free helpline number. On connecting, one of the team members will ask about your trip details and cancel flights on your behalf. After canceling the flight, you will receive a confirmation mail on the registered email ID and phone number.
Highlights on the KLM Refund Policy
After canceling flights on the official site or a phone call, flyers can request ticket refunds directly from the team.
- You can request a full KLM refund on canceling a flight reservation within 24 hours of the original booking.
- Visit the airline’s official site and move to the refund request page. Afterward, fill in your trip details and mention the reason for the flight cancellation in the online application.
- The KLM refund depends on the ticket type, including refundable and non-refundable tickets. For instance, if you have a non-refundable ticket, you have to pay the cancellation charges. The team transfers the refund as a travel credit in the wallet, which you can use towards booking award flights.
How to Get a Refund from KLM?
If you have canceled your KLM flights and now want to apply for a ticket refund, follow the below steps.
- Go to the refund request page on the KLM official site.
- Check the “Ticket Refund” or a Trip Package refund form.
- Mention the mandatory details of the trip like last name and flight booking number on the specific fields.
- Give the reason for applying for a refund.
- Attach the valid documents in the right format and submit the form.
Dial the toll-free helpline number if you need help from the KLM team regarding the flight cancellation and refund request.
KLM Flight Cancellation FAQs
How Much does KLM Airlines Charge for Canceling a Flight Ticket?
If you cancel bookings as per the guidelines of the KLM flight cancellation 24 hrs policy, no penalty shall apply. However, the team imposes a cancellation fee between $100 to $500 for canceling the flights after the deadline. Also, when you cancel tickets 24 hours before departure, you have to pay a fee from $100 to $400. The price is non-refundable, and no one can refuse to pay no matter what travel class you are flying.
Can I Request a Refundable Voucher from KLM Airlines?
Flyers can use a refundable voucher to book flights or ask for a refund for not taking the scheduled flight. Moreover, there are no extra charges for requesting a travel voucher. If you have a travel voucher, use the value while applying for a refund after canceling the scheduled flight.
How do I know If my KLM Flight is Refundable?
Suppose your ticket is non-refundable; you can still cancel the flights and apply for a refund. To check if your KLM flight is refundable, visit the airline’s official site and fill in your flight ticket number. The refund eligibility page will tell the status of your refund and other details about your request. Moreover, you can confirm whether your booked ticket is refundable over the phone call with the representative.
How much compensation will I get from KLM Airlines?
As per the KLM refund policy, flyers get 600€ as compensation for overbooked, canceled, or delayed flights. However, the amount varies with the flight length. For instance, if your flight is shorter than 1500 km, get 250€ and 400€ for delayed flights between 1500-3500 km. While for flights longer than 3500 km, get 600€ from KLM as compensation for booking future trips. To know more about the refund, head to the airline’s official site and check out the guidelines before making changes.