What Is An Unaccompanied Minors Service On Allegiant Airlines?
Allegiant Air allows unaccompanied minors to fly on some specified flights without a parent or guardian. Moreover, the airline provides special travel assistance to children who travel alone and helps them to make their journey smooth. But, Allegiant does not allow unaccompanied minors under the age of 15.
In addition, Allegiant unaccompanied minor facilities make it easy for minors to travel safely even when they are traveling alone. However, there are some rules that you need to follow to book an unaccompanied minor flight.
What Is Allegiant Air Unaccompanied Minor Policy?
Allegiant Airlines does not offer a policy for unaccompanied minors under any situation. In addition, the airline does not offer special supervision for any flyers, nor are bookings accepted for unaccompanied minors aged 15 years and less. As per Allegiant Air, unaccompanied minors and children who are 14 years and younger should have an adult passenger who is 15 years or older during travel.
Additionally, the airline provides an online booking option for minors aged between 15 and 17 years old without any additional fees. Besides, the airline does not take any responsibility for 15 – 17 years old children beyond those provided to adult passengers. Also, Allegiant requires age verification for passengers under 18 years who will be traveling alone.
Guidelines For Parents Traveling With Children
The airline imposes some & conditions for parents who are flying with unaccompanied minors Allegiant. To know, read the points below to ease your traveling with your child on Allegiant.
- If you are traveling with an infant of two years, you need to buy a flight ticket for your kid. Moreover, the airline will provide you with an FAA-approved car seat.
- Similarly, an infant can fly as a lap child and can sit on the lap of their parents or an adult passenger.
- Likewise, you must ensure that only a single lap child is allowed to travel on an unaccompanied flight or passenger.
- However, if you are traveling with more than one infant, you have to purchase an extra seat for the other minor.
- In addition, you need to submit your children’s birth certificate and any government-approved identification showing their birth date.
- In accordance with the Allegiant Airlines unaccompanied minor policy, parents need to make a separate flight booking with a seat allocation.
- Moreover, it applies to children who are aged under two, and children who are aged 14 years of age group can fly with an adult of 15 years.
- On the other hand, children under the 2 to 14 age group are not allowed to sit in seats in an exit row as per FAA safety guidelines.
- Further, children aged 15 to 17 are allowed to fly alone but must submit their birth certificates while making their flight reservations.
- Additionally, if you are under 18 or more than, you must make a separate flight booking. They have to show a photo identity ID that is government approved.
- Lastly, remember that the TSA guidelines will apply to every passenger as per the specified age group.
Child Restraint And Stroller Devices Guidelines On Allegiant Air
- Passengers can check their strollers as checked baggage during their check-in.
- Moreover, the airline allows check-in for free per stroller.
- Besides, the airline team will pack the age-checked strollers in the cargo. Additionally, they will provide the same to the travelers on reaching the arrival destination as per the policy of Allegiant Air unaccompanied minors.
- Likewise, the FAA advises that children and infants under 40 pounds should reserve a car seat approved by the FAA.
- In addition, the FAA no longer allows for vest harnesses, backless booster seats, and safety belts attached to an adult.
Do I Have To Pay An Extra Fee For A Seat For An Infant On An Allegiant Flight?
No, the airline does not apply Allegiant unaccompanied minor fees for children who are traveling domestically, as well as the infant sitting on an adult passenger’s lap. However, during check-in, the airline asks for proof of age, such as a birth certificate.
Further, children under two or fewer years of age are allowed to travel in a child safety seat after the purchase of a flight ticket. And the airline requires that children between 14 months and two years should have a certified copy of their birth certificate.
Booking Procedure Of Allegiant Air Unaccompanied Minor Flights
With Allegiant Airlines, children under 14 can travel on departure dates. Moreover, they must be accompanied by an adult of 15 years old on the same reservation. Besides, there are two options for kids under two years of age on the travel date. For example, an infant on the seat of an adult passenger with them under the same booking. Or ticketed passengers seated in a car seat approved by the FAA.
Furthermore, the kids who are sitting in a car seat must be in the window seat, not in the aisle. In addition, the airline restricts minors from traveling without the supervision of their parents or an adult. On the other hand, minors aged 15 to 17 have to pay an Allegiant unaccompanied minor fee to confirm their reservation. If you refuse to take the scheduled flight, minors are free to take help from the Allegiant customer service department.
Allegiant Air Seat Selection For Unaccompanied Minors
Travelers can choose the seat of their minors in advance to ensure that their kids will not separate from the group. For this, you can go to the Manage Booking page on the official website and also download Allegiant’s mobile app for choosing the best seat for your minor.
- Under the guidelines of the FAA, infants and children under 40 pounds can sit in a car seat.
- Similarly, the FAA asks for car seats and restraint devices to have one or more labels.
- In addition, it may include FMVSS.213 insignia language demonstrating the motor vehicles.
Contact Allegiant Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Help Department
Per the rules, you can make a reservation for your unaccompanied minor. The Allegiant unaccompanied minor policy says that the minimum age for children is 12 years to fly alone. Additionally, they can travel only domestically on some specified routes.
Furthermore, you can dial Allegiant Airlines’ toll-free number at (1 (702) 505-8888) to get assistance from the experienced customer service team of the airline. Likewise, they will provide complete information on minors’ flight bookings on Allegiant. Also, you can visit the airline’s official website to get more information on unaccompanied minor bookings.
This is how your unaccompanied minor can fly alone on Allegiant. If not, you can dial the Allegiant helpline number, +1-860-498-9674, to get more details. Moreover, the above data solve your queries regarding Allegiant Air’s unaccompanied minor.