Due to the pandemic, most airlines, including Delta Airlines, started blocking middle seats. Moreover, the airline limited the number of passengers on the plane to maintain the social distancing protocols from April 2020. Today, Delta aims to offer more space and limit all flights departing from now onwards. Consequently, customers can make a Delta Airlines seat selection while booking tickets for holidays.
Is Delta still blocking middle seats?
Well, you must be wondering about Is Delta blocking middle seats? Almost after a year, Delta has stopped the blocking middle seat policy, thus, providing more space on the flight. The airline no longer blocks seats since the Covid-19 situation has been resolved and people are fully vaccinated. Moreover, the airline has announced that the team will have more food and beverages onboard options. Therefore, passengers can make pre-meal and seat selections while purchasing flight tickets or during check-in.
Does ending the blocking of middle seats encourage more passengers to fly with Delta?
The idea of blocking middle seats was concerned with health and travel. Moreover, the policy limited the number of passengers on flights to ensure maximum safety and comfort. However, the airline has resumed by eliminating the block middle seat policy. The team says that “more seats will be available to book” on domestic and international flights. In addition, you must wear a travel mask, and if you don’t, the airline will impose penalties, fines, and punishments.
Delta Airlines Seat Selection Process
Traveling with Delta Airlines has always been comfortable and safe. With the end of blocking middle seats, more seats are now available for customers. If you plan a trip, choose your preferred seats while making reservations or during flight check-in. Moreover, go through a simple guide and find the best seat at your fingertips within a few clicks.
- To book seats, go to Delta Airlines’ official site.
- Now log into your account using the correct credentials.
- Choose the flight on which you want to add seats.
- Next, hit the “Seat Selection” button.
- You will see all the available seat book seats that best suit your travel requirements.
- After making a Delta seat reservation, go to the payment page and pay using a credit or debit card.
- Finally, the airline will drop a mail regarding your seat confirmation along with the e-ticket.
Things to know about Delta Airlines seat selection policy
As per the Delta Airlines seat selection policy, passengers can choose a desired seat for the upcoming journey. However, the entire process requires an additional fee depending on the travel class and type of seat.
If you have a flight reservation on Delta and are willing to choose seats in advance, see the following things.
- The airline randomly assigns seats to passengers who don’t select seats before departure.
- Moreover, the seat selection in the Basic Economy class always relies on the seat’s availability on the plane.
- For instance, if you book seats on Economy, it doesn’t guarantee that you will get seats next to your companions.
- Flyers can choose a window, aisle, main cabin, or any seats for extra fees up to seven days before flying.
- In addition, the seat selection fees start from $10, and they may vary with each passing day and hour.
- Visit the Delta Airlines manage booking page if you have already booked seats and want to upgrade.
- Afterward, you can upgrade the previous seats with more comfortable seats on the plane.
When you cannot book seats online, reach out to the airline’s official booking team and seek instant assistance. Moreover, visit the “Help Centre” section and dial the helpline number 800-221-1212.
Safety Protocols to take when flying on Delta flights
- With eliminating Delta Airline’s middle seat blocking, travelers still have to wear a face mask. Moreover, the mask should cover your nose and chin properly.
- Bandanas or scarves are not counted as the replacement for masks.
- Most importantly, one must maintain social distancing on the plane and avoid touching any objects.
- Unless you are drinking or eating, you cannot remove your masks.
- Passengers must be fully vaccinated for the travel on Delta flights.
Delta makes every effort to provide maximum comfort to the passengers on board. Therefore, the airline has launched an interactive travel map to help people find out the latest travel guidelines for trips. Talk to the live person for further information and request your complete guidance.
Is Delta Airlines Blocking off rows for Groups or Families?
As per the latest updates, Delta has introduced a new seat map to arrange groups of three or more. Moreover, the airline will adjust seats per customers’ needs and requirements.
- The airline blocked all the middle seats to continue social distancing during the flight in 2020.
- Therefore, the airline is now blocking off the complete rows to let the flyers with group reservations sit together.
- The team will block a handful of rows in the main cabin for flyers traveling in a group. However, the number of seats depends on various factors, including the aircraft and routes.
- The seats from the blocked rows will not be available for solo travelers.
How does blocking off rows work on Delta Airlines?
The latest seat map algorithm uses previous reservations and seat assignments to assign them together. Moreover, the format will decide the number of seats reserved for a group on the flights. The seats can be changed for groups based on the flight.
Delta Airlines is blocking a few rows on selected flights. However, it can change anytime in the future. Passengers can get access to more than 300 new in-flight entertainment facilities and enjoy a seamless journey.
Are Delta Seats fully available for Purchase?
Since the beginning of Covid-19, Delta Airlines started blocking seats to stop the spread of the deadly virus. Moreover, they maintained the protocols of social distancing and limited the number of flyers on the plane.
Since the situation has improved, the airline has started providing full seat availability. Now, customers can choose preferred seats at the time of a flight reservation and check-in beginning 24 hours before departure.
The airline will randomly assign you seats on the plane if you don’t make a seat assignment. Additionally, the seat selection charges are not included in the ticket fares. Therefore, you have to pay an extra fee for choosing the seats on Delta.
When Do the Delta Block Middle Seats Policy End?
Delta Airlines was the last one to end the middle seat blocking policy. On May 1, 2021, the airline stopped blocking middle seats and allowed more seats for purchase.
It all started with the outbreak of the pandemic in April 2020. For 13 months, Delta Airlines has been blocking seats and limiting the crowd on the aircraft. However, other airlines refused the plan months ago when the cases started depleting.
It also serves the best hospitality services for all travel classes, including Basic Economy or Main Cabin. From ensuring the enforcement of the safety protocols to providing great in-flight services, Delta offers the best travel experience.
Contact Delta Airlines for seat-related Queries
Delta Airlines is among the major airlines, well-known for offering high-quality services to customers. Moreover, a team of experts handles customers’ complaints and provides them with the best solutions.
- You can reach out to an executive at 800-221-1212 and request them to tell you about the available seats. So that you can choose the best seat for your travel.
- In addition, if you have already booked seats, you can also ask them to make seat upgrades. They will then book you to a more comfortable seat.
- You may request extra legroom by paying an additional fee, especially when flying on long-haul flights.
- Frequent flyers can redeem miles to make seat upgrades and eliminate the seat selection fees. If you don’t get the seat you asked for; the team will refund your credit in your account.