Japan Airlines Seat Selection Policy, Process, Fee
Have you booked your flight tickets with Japan and are looking to select your seats? If yes, then you have come to the right place. First, you must know that the airline allows its passengers to select their preferred seat as per Japan Airlines seat selection policy. However, the seat selection depends on the terms & conditions designed by the airline. In addition, every passenger needs to follow the rules of the policy if they want to pick their seat on the plane. Further, you will cover the complete information regarding the policy in the below section.
Terms & Condition for Japan Airlines Seat Selection Policy
Japan Airlines permits travelers to make seat selections for all kinds of cabin classes along with award ticket holders and discounted fares. Besides, if you wish to take advantage of extra legroom seats and additional facilities while booking, after booking, or during check-in, you have to pay a nominal fee to the airline.
- Passengers can enjoy additional legroom by paying a fee for a select seat Japan Airlines during check-in or by booking flight tickets.
- Moreover, the seats most passengers choose is the window, aisle, exit row, emergency exit row, and front row.
- Besides, you must check the seat availability while selecting your seats, and its configuration is based on the type of aircraft.
- Also, to know the modifications, you need to look for the difference between seat maps 787-9 and 777.
- Similarly, passengers who are less than 15 years old are not allowed to sit near emergency exit row seats as per Japan Airlines seats selection.
- For the convenience of the passengers, the airline marked the paid seats with a star on the seat map.
- Finally, remember that the seat fee paid in Japan will be the same for adults and minors.
Therefore, the charges for selecting a desired seat at JAL are valid for each passenger per leg of the flight. So, you have to pay the applicable charges for every portion of your travel journey.
How Do I Select Seats On JAL?
Passengers can choose their preferred seat with the help of a seat map during or after booking their tickets at Japan Airlines. Moreover, the airline permits you to make Japan airline seat selection using two modes, Online and Offline.
JAL Seat Selection Online
- First, go to the official website of Japan Airlines.
- Then, move to the “Manage Booking” option.
- Now, choose an option from domestic/international flight.
- Next, go to your flight page as per the category of date.
- After that, if you hold a membership in any program, then you need to fill out a form.
- Otherwise, enter some required information such as booking number, flight number, boarding date, and first and last name.
- After that, choose the “Booking details” option, and go through the various “Manage Your Booking” options.
- Now, you are able to choose your favorite seat at Japan Airlines.
- Then, you must view the seat map to choose the best seat for your journey with JAL. However, ensure that the starred seats are available for paid selection.
- Once you pay the charges for your desired seat if needed.
- At last, the airline will send you a confirmation email regarding your seat assignment.
JAL Seat Selection Offline
- To initiate this process, passengers need to dial the Japan Airlines seat selection phone number at (1 (800) 525-3663) to make a JAL seat selection with the help of experts.
- Now, you need to follow the IVR commands to get a live person at JAL.
- Once your call connects to the agents of Japan Airlines, you can make a request to them to book your desired seats on the plane.
- Moreover, if you have a membership, then you need to inform that agent about it. In addition, it helps to avoid such seat selection fees.
- After that, the agents will ask you to wait for a few seconds and then tell you whether you are eligible for a free seat selection.
- Further, you must pay the fee for your seat selection if required, and you will get a confirmation email soon.
Moreover, Japan Airlines permits you to select seats during check-in. You need to pick a chair as soon as possible. On the other hand, the airline will not provide a paid seat selection JAL when all the seats are booked.
Does JAL Charge For Seat Selection?
Yes, passengers with special needs have to pay the charges for their seat selection at JAL. Besides, if you wish to know the fee criteria for the process of Japan Airlines select seats, go through the below table:
|India, North America, Europe, and Japan||100 CAD||10, 000 JPY||$100 USD|
|Southeast asia and Japan||60 CAD||60 JPY||$60 USD|
|Manila, vladivostok, Guam, East Asia, and Japan||40 CAD||4,000 JPY||$40 USD|
Besides, passengers with Sapphire, Global club, Cristal, Diamond, and One world tier status do not need to pay any Japan Airlines seat selection fee for selecting an additional legroom seat. Similarly, if you are a passenger in Y class, then the airline will not ask you to pay the charges for your seat selection at Japan Airlines.
So, this is how you can pick your desired seat at JAL. However, if you book your flight tickets through any third-party travel agent, you need to connect them only to choose your desired seat. Once you booked your seat, you can modify your seat selection by visiting the “Manage booking” section on the airline’s official website. For more information regarding Japan Airline seat selection, you can connect to the airline by calling its toll-free number 24/7.
Japan Airlines FAQs
See More Japan Airlines Posts: