Do you wish to make itinerary changes for your scheduled flight on Southwest Airlines? You can contact the customer service team at 1 (800) 435-9792 or 1-860-498-9674 to reschedule your Southwest flight as per your travel plans.
Southwest Airlines understands the urgency of changing or rescheduling travel plans last minute. Therefore, the airline permits flyers to make flight changes anytime before taking the trip.
You can change the information on the ticket online/offline depending on your requirements and convenience.
Rules and Regulations of the Southwest Reschedule Flight Policy
When you reschedule a flight, you have to keep certain things in mind to avoid heavy penalties and unnecessary inconvenience. For instance,
- According to the Southwest reschedule flight policy, you have to pay the fare difference to reschedule flight tickets before departure.
- However, changing a flight for free also depends on the ticket type.
- You don’t have to pay the change charges if you reschedule a flight within 24 hours of the initial booking.
- You can choose the “Manage Travel” option on the airline’s site and follow the on-screen prompts to change a booking.
- In addition, the change flight policy allows you to make upgrades to any time or Business Select flight tickets up to ten minutes before departure. Also, you don’t have to pay the change fees.
- Ask them to provide compensation if there is a change in the current booking schedule due to bad weather conditions. You can also request a flight replacement when the flying conditions are fine and if your travel is important.
How to Reschedule Southwest flight?
The answer to how to reschedule Southwest flights is very simple. Moreover, dial the airline’s phone number and request the executive to make flight upgrades on your behalf. But if you want to make online changes, go to the manage booking page and follow the below steps.
- Begin by launching the airline’s official site on your web browser.
- Now, fill in your username and password to log into your account.
- Choose the option to “Cancel/Change Flight”.
- Enter your last name and flight confirmation number to view your flight booking.
- Click on the “Search” button.
- Look for your flight and make new changes to the dates, routes, travel classes, and other upgrades.
- Next, select the “Select New Flights” option and click on the “Continue” button.
- Once you have made all the new changes, you can pay the flight change fees.
- Finally, the airline will send you the rescheduled flight confirmation mail at your registered email address.
How Much Does it Cost to Reschedule a Ticket on Southwest Airlines?
Generally, the cost to reschedule or cancel a flight depends on the rescheduling Southwest flights policy.
The airline allows flyers to make free flight changes, including changing dates, routes, and other upgrades. However, if your new ticket fare is more expensive than the previous one, you have to pay the fare difference.
Southwest Airlines Same-day Flight Change Policy Guidelines
You might wonder, “can you reschedule a flight on Southwest on the same day of the departure?” If yes, you are free to make same-day changes to an itinerary or even rebook your tickets as per the new travel plans.
- Suppose you are making same-day changes on an international flight; you have to contact the Southwest team at 1 (800) 435-9792 or 1-860-498-9674.
- However, you cannot book an international flight online within two hours before departure.
- In addition, if you wish to fly standby, you can then request the same at the airport ticket counter. But if you have already checked in, you can ask at the gate.
- Since the airline doesn’t charge flight change fees, you can reschedule your booking instead of standby. After that, reserve a fixed seat on the plane and fly with peace of mind.
- The airline will ask you to pay the applicable taxes and other applicable charges with the new international itinerary.
Are There Any Exceptions to Changing Tickets on Southwest Airlines?
If you are wondering about are there any exceptions to changing tickets on Southwest Airlines, then the answer is yes.
- If you make upgrades between fare classes, there are a few exceptions. For example, for changing an Anytime fare to a Business Select fare, the airline will convert the value of your ticket into reusable Travel Funds.
- But on making same-day changes to your itinerary, pay additional taxes and fees applied to your new ticket fare.
- Southwest Airlines doesn’t charge any change fees for tickets purchased with cash or points. However, if you cancel a booking made with Rapid Reward points, you will get back your points in your account.
- Most importantly, the airline doesn’t allow name changes on tickets unless for reasons like the last name change. Also, you can change your name due to marriage.
- Customers can call on 1 (800) 435-9792 or 1-860-498-9674 and speak with a representative to reschedule travel dates before boarding the flight.
Southwest Airlines FAQs
See More Southwest Airlines Posts:
- Southwest Airlines Booking
- Southwest Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy
- Best Time to Buy Tickets from Southwest Airlines
- Southwest Airlines $29 Flights
- Southwest Airlines Sale $69
- Last Minute Southwest Flights Deals
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Credit Card
- Southwest Airlines Low Fare Calendar
- Find Southwest Cheap Flight deals
- Southwest Airlines Wanna Get Away Fares
- Southwest Airlines Vacations Deals
- Last Minute Southwest Airlines Deals
- How to Request a Callback on Southwest Airlines?
- Multi-City Flights on Southwest Airlines