Do you wish to cancel your existing booking, rebook new tickets, or fly to a later flight on Lufthansa? If yes, get to know about the terms and conditions of the Lufthansa rebooking policy and then plan trips.
Lufthansa Airlines offers great flexibility to cancel or rebook a flight on short, medium, and long-haul routes. If you change your trip plans, fly to a further date at your convenience and requirements.
What is the Lufthansa Rebooking Policy?
If your flight is canceled or you wish to reschedule your travel plans, follow the Lufthansa rebooking Policy while rebooking. Have a look.
- There can be two situations causing a rebooking of a flight booking. The first is when the airline itself cancels your flight, and the other is when you cancel a flight.
- You are eligible to make a free rebooking within 24 of the ticket purchase with no more flight change charges.
- The airline will rebook your flight at no additional cost in the same travel class and at the same destination.
- Most importantly, passengers have to rebook a flight within the validity period of the original ticket. Generally, one can use the ticket one year from the actual departure date.
- Rebooking a flight depends on the fare type. However, most of the fares are applicable for rebooking, so you don’t have to stress about rebooking.
- Change of origin/destination is not accepted for any standard schedule changes.
- There are certain unavoidable circumstances like death. If you cancel a flight due to a death in the family, the airline provides you with a full refund. Also, it allows you to rebook tickets to a later date.
- In addition, while rescheduling a ticket for another date, you will observe the higher price, which you can’t avoid paying.
How to Rebook a Flight on Lufthansa Airlines?
You can rebook and not miss a flight, especially when travel is important. However, if you are considering how to rebook flights on Lufthansa Airlines, you have two options: online/offline.
- First, open the airline’s official site and log into your account.
- Second, select the manage booking tab.
- Now, click on the “Modification” section.
- Enter your flight booking code and log into the rebooking section.
- Fill in your details and choose the travel date and time to confirm a flight rebooking.
- Once you have completed the formalities of the rebooking procedure, you will receive an email confirmation over the mail.
Travelers can request a Lufthansa rebook flight over the phone call at 1 (800) 645-3880 and make a smooth journey.
How Much Does it Cost to Rebook a Flight on Lufthansa Airlines?
Lufthansa Airlines policy allows passengers to rebook a flight after canceling already booked flights. Moreover, if you choose an alternative flight to the same destination as the actual booking and the same travel class.
Every ticket comes with a validity period during which you can choose to rebook flights. However, on exceeding the limit, you have to pay fees between $320 and $1500 based on the Lufthansa rebook policy.
Contact Lufthansa Airlines for Rebooking a Flight
If you are unable to rebook flights online, you can immediately contact the airline’s customer service team at +1 (800) 645-3880. Once you are connected, request them to cancel your trips and apply for rebooking as per the new travel plans.
Make sure if you change the dates and routes of the new ticket, you have to pay an additional price.