Have you made your reservations in the Basic Economy of Aer Lingus Airlines and now wish for an upgrade? If yes, you can switch your current travel class to a Business class and enjoy a premium travel experience.
The Irish government first founded Aer Lingus, and it is the flag carrier of Ireland. Moreover, the airline’s hubs are in Dublin, Cork, Shannon, and Belfast-City.
Passengers can book a flight and choose an Aer Lingus upgrade bid to fly in the Business cabin. But it depends on how much you bid and if your bid is successful, enjoy the airline’s Business class experience.
Terms and Conditions for an Aer Lingus Upgrade Bid
The terms and conditions for an upgrade may vary with different airlines. However, if you have booked flights on Aer Lingus, keep the following things in mind when bidding for an upgrade.
- Aer Lingus operates flights between Ireland and North America or Canada, which are eligible for an upgrade.
- Moreover, you can bid for flight upgrades directly with the airline, and they will send you a confirmation mail.
- After making a flight reservation, you can only place one Aer Lingus upgrade bid.
- In addition, there is a minimum and maximum bid allowed per segment. You cannot just bid $1 and expect that no one would have bid the same.
- Not all routes are applicable for an upgrade. You need to check with your airline and see if your way qualifies for an upgrade.
- One must mention the payment details at the time of a flight booking. However, the airline will not charge you extra unless they have accepted your bid.
- Suppose you have successfully achieved the upgrades. Then enjoy all the premium perks of your new travel class, including lounge access and extra baggage allowance.
How to Get an Upgrade on Aer Lingus?
You must be thinking about how to get an upgrade on Aer Lingus; follow the below steps.
- First, launch the airline’s official site.
- Second, click on the “Plan and Book” section and then hit the “Plan” tab.
- Next, choose the “Upgrade Yourself” button and move further.
- You have to click on the link email and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Now, bid the amount you wish to pay as an additional fare to your flight ticket cost.
- Enter your payment information.
- Moreover, the airline will not bill unless they have accepted your bid.
- Finally, you can checkout and submit your request.
Are All Flights Eligible for an Upgrade on Aer Lingus?
No, not all flights are eligible for an upgrade. In addition, passengers flying between Ireland, Canada, and the United States are applicable for an upgrade. Most importantly, if you are applicable for an upgrade, the team will send an email just after your bidding offer.
How Much is the Flight Upgrade on Aer Lingus?
Passengers can find the difference between your ticket fare, upgraded booking price, and bidding cost. As per the bidding rules, one can bid up to 20% to 40% and apply for an upgrade. However, you do not always get the best deal for upgrading your booked flight reservation.
Business-class and non-elite members can apply for a Business class upgrade by either buying 500 miles upgrades for $30 each. Otherwise, spending cash with miles and getting access to flight upgrades easily.
What are the Steps Needed to Submit an Offer on Aer Lingus?
If you are interested in upgrading and flying to a Business or First class, you can follow the steps below.
After receiving an email confirmation from the airline after booking a flight or 14 days before departure, you can make an offer.
- First, select a flight sector for which you would like to make an upgrade and see the offer.
- Second, fill in your contact and payment details.
- Next, review and submit the information.
- The airline will send you a confirmation mail regarding your upgrade offer.
- You can then use the same email to make changes or cancellations to your offer.
You must remember that there will be no extra charges unless your offer is successful.