Do you know that United Airlines gives travel credit for canceled flights to passengers? Flyers can apply the value to book a United flight with credit in the future without paying an extra fee.
United Airlines provides two types of travel credits, which you can apply to pay for the tickets and other airfare services. Moreover, it includes future flight credits and travel certificates.
What are Travel Certificates on United?
- 0.1 What are Travel Certificates on United?
- 0.2 Procedure to Use a Travel Certificate on United Airlines
- 1 What are Future Flight Credits on United?
- 2 What to Do When your Future Flight Credit is not Working on United Airlines?
- 2.1 What is a United Airlines Travel Bank?
- 2.2 What is the expiration policy of the Under United TravelBank miles?
Flyers can issue an electronic travel certificate voluntarily giving up their seat on booked flights as a goodwill gesture. Moreover, you can redeem them to make a reservation on most flights and purchase some non-ticket items.
To check your certificate’s balance, mention your year issued, PIN, and recipient’s last name, and click on the “Confirm” button.
Procedure to Use a Travel Certificate on United Airlines
If you have a travel certificate, use it to book flights on United and partner airlines and complete the trip. Moreover, the validity of the certificate is 24 months or two years after the date they were issued. Make sure that you can only issue a travel certificate in dollars (USD).
Here are the steps that you can follow to redeem a certificate on United Airlines.
- First, search for a flight on the airline’s site and fill in your flight information.
- Second, once you have selected a flight, go to the payment page. You can now pay with a travel certificate after entering the year it was issued. Add your certificate number or PIN and last name.
- Next, select the “Apply” button.
- Choose the “Purchase” button and complete the process to book a flight.
What are Future Flight Credits on United?
One can issue future flight credits after canceling or changing a flight to a less expensive ticket. In addition, apply these credits towards non-ticket items. It includes Economy Plus seating and Basic Economy seat assignments at the time of making a flight reservation.
You can search for your future flight credit on the airline’s official site. All you have to do is type your confirmation number or PIN and last name and hit the “Search” button.
How to use Future Flight credit on United Airlines?
You can redeem a future flight credit to book flights on United, United Express, and any partner airlines. Moreover, the airline issues a credit when you cancel a non-refundable booking. You must use the credit within one year from the date of issue, otherwise, it will expire.
You can follow the below steps to use future flight credit online on United Airlines.
- First, launch the airline’s official site and fill out the modification application.
- Second, click on the “My Trips” section.
- Now, choose “My Trips” under the “Manage My Trip” option.
- Enter your last name and flight booking confirmation number.
- Next, hit the “Search” button.
- On the next page, check out the different booking change options.
- Select the “Use future flight credit” to search for a new flight ticket.
- Mention your departure and destination airports, date of travel, and the number of passengers for the new booking.
- Click on the “Continue” button.
- Finally, complete the booking process by applying the value of the travel credit on the payment page.
Note: If your United flight credit’s value is more than the new ticket fare, the airline will refund the remaining value.
How to use United Flight Credit over a Phone Call?
Customers with a future flight credit can redeem the value of booking tickets and other travel-related services. If you don’t know how to use United flight credit, dial the airline’s helpline number, 1 (800) 864-8331.
The concerned person will ask for your flight details and help you in redeeming the credit for future travel needs. Feel free to ask questions especially when your credit is not working. The team member will personally look into your matter and fix the issue.
What to Do When your Future Flight Credit is not Working on United Airlines?
There can be various reasons for your future flight credit not working. However, in such cases, it is best to reach out to a customer service flight representative and seek quick help.
Dial 1 (800) 864-8331 and connect with the team member to request a future flight credit when making new reservations. Moreover, your credit may not work because the terms and conditions don’t allow the redemption for the fare you want to book.
What is a United Airlines Travel Bank?
United Airlines offers flight credits through the TravelBank. Moreover, you can buy such credits directly from the team. Once you cancel tickets the airline will issue a credit to your account and you can check your credit balance.
Under United TravelBank, purchases are not refundable and are limited to $5000 per day per MileagePlus account.
You can redeem TravelBank funds for flights served by United, United Express, and other partner airlines. However, you cannot use credits with ETCs or future flight credits.
What is the expiration policy of the Under United TravelBank miles?
Your miles in the United TravelBank do not expire. However, a flight credit comes with validity from 12 months to one year. Let’s have a look.
- If you have an electronic travel certificate, you can use it for 24 months from the issue date.
- Moreover, a future flight credit can last for 12 months from the originally ticketed date.
- United Airlines features the validity of five years after the last activity on the TravelBank.
Note: United has extended the expiration of all electronic certificates from Dec 31, 2021, to Dec 31, 2022.
United Airlines FAQs
See More United Airlines Posts:
- United Airlines Book a Flight
- United Airlines Cancellation Policy
- What is United Airlines Group Travel Policy?
- United Airlines Name Change Policy
- United Airlines En Espanol
- Speak to a Live Person At United Airlines
- United Airlines Vacations Packages
- United Airlines Last Minute Flight Deals
- Red-eye flight on United Airlines
- How To Use United Credit From Cancelled Flight?
- How To Request United Reschedule Flight?
- United Upgrade With Miles
- United Delayed Flight Compensation