Bahamasair Flight Cancellation and Charges
Travel and journey are as similar as life. Nothing is certain, and any unforeseen situation can come across anyone at any point in life. If you have booked your ticket with Bahamasair and now want to cancel them, you need to know the Bahamasair Cancellation policies and procedure. Let’s understand them.
- The airlines do not allow the passengers to cancel the flight once they have booked or made the payments for the ticket.
- They demand the cancellation of the flight in writing or by calling on the airlines’ contact number.
- If any passenger wants to cancel the ticket for free, please do that within the risk-free period, that is, within a day or 24 hours from the time of bookings. Also, you need to keep in mind that the flight’s departure date is at least 7 days away from the day of your cancellation.
- Flight tickets booked through the reservation portal of Bahamasair and its service number can be canceled.
- If the airline canvas the flight itself, the passengers are allowed to recognize it. Still, they have unused tickets for future travels. All the information will be sent to you via email.
- If any passenger has requested the refund and its takes longer than usual, the airline will connect to you within 7 days, provided your canceled tickets should qualify for a refund.
- Passengers who are non-refundable cannot cancel or expect a refund in any case. Passengers who purchased non-refundable tickets with travel insurance may be eligible for a refund based on the trip insurance’s coverage policy.
How can I Cancel the Bahamasair Flight Ticket?
Bahamasair cancels the flight procedure by choosing any of the three methods. You can go for online cancellation, call the airline for cancellation, or even visit the airport. Let’s look into the processes of each one of these by one.
Online Bahamasair Cancellation
Below are the step-by-step to be followed Bahamasair flight cancellations via a reservation portal of the airline:
- Browse the official website of Bahamasair.
- Head towards the ‘My Trip’ section.
- Fill in the columns asking for the reference code of 6 digits and surname.
- To get your bookings on the screen, hit on ‘Manage Your Booking.’
- Choose the flight that you need to cancel
- Hit on the ‘Cancel’ button
- When you hit the cancel button, the airlines will tell you if you can cancel that particular ticket or not.
- And if your ticket qualifies for a cancellation refund, then also the screen will reflect for the same. For that, you go to ‘Process Refund.’
- You will receive the cancellation confirmation email as soon as you have applied for it.
- After the cancellation policy has been completed, you will receive the refund within 7-10 days.
Call Bahamasair Airlines for Cancellation
Some passengers find difficulties in canceling their flight tickets online. For them, the airline has assigned their executive to help you in the process of cancellation. Read here what you need to do:
- Call on +1-860-498-9674, the Bahamasair cancellation contact number.
- Tell him to cancel the ticket.
- Dictate him the PNR number
- After checking the rules and guidelines, he will look into the eligibility of the cancellation ticket and also for the cancellation.
- If your tickets qualify for cancellation, the agent will tell you about the refund amount after subtracting the cancellation fee.
- Once you agree and are satisfied with everything, the executive cancels the flight ticket.
- Then, you would receive the payment reversal within 67 to 10 working days.
- You must check the confirmation email in your inbox.
Bahamasair Cancellation at Airport
If any passenger wants to cancel the ticket at the last minute, they can do so at the airport:
- Go to the cancellation counter of the departure airport
- Give them all the necessary details.
- The airline agent will follow the same process as mentioned in the above section.
Bahamasair Cancellation Fee
According to BahamasairCancellation policy, here are the fees levied on the passengers based on the cancellation time and the routes:
- You can cancel the ticket up to 48 hours from the departure time of the flight. In such cases, you will be charged 50 USD per ticket for cancellation fees.
- Once the flight has taken off, the passengers missing are marked as no-shows. And the airline demands a cancellation fee of 250 USD.
Compensation and for Bahamasair Flight Delays and Cancellation:
If the airline cancels, or delays the flight, or does not allow boarding to any of the passengers, the passengers are eligible for compensation and refunds.
Passengers might be eligible for compensation for Bahamasair flight cancellation of up to US$700 per person if the flight was canceled less than 14 days before it was scheduled to depart from a European airport.
That is unless there was some kind of unforeseen circumstances that forced Bahamasair to cancel the trip. The law recognizes that airlines should only provide compensation when they are at fault. Still, they must nevertheless assure that passengers arrive at their final destination or receive a full refund.