If your fare terms allow it—and in some other instances outlined below—you can cancel your flight and request a refund from Copa Airlines according to Copa Airlines Cancellation Policy. Your refund amount will be determined by your fare conditions.
The following is a Summary of Copa Airlines Cancellation Policy:
- If you put your reservation on hold at the time of booking online, you can cancel it within 24 hours. It will be immediately withdrawn if you do not pay within 24 hours.
- If Copa Airlines cancels your flight, you are entitled to a refund for that travel (or take the alternative flight offered to you if you want).
- You may be eligible for a refund if your flight is considerably delayed.
- A passenger, a person’s companion, or a close relative dies or becomes critically ill, the passenger has the right to cancel the flight and get a refund if acceptable documentation proof is shown.
- Tickets issued between September 1, 2020, and July 31, 2021, can be exchanged (but not refunded) for free as long as they are used within one year of the date of issue or by December 31, 2021.
- You are entitled to a full refund if you are denied boarding due to overbooking (you may also be eligible for compensation).
Copa Airlines Cancellation Policy 24 Hours
The Copa Airlines Cancellation Policy 24 Hours differs from those of other airlines. You can reserve a ticket and put your reservation on hold for up to 24 hours without paying anything under this arrangement. Your reservation will be automatically canceled if you do not pay within 24 hours of booking. If you do not pay within 24 hours, your ticket will be subject to the standard tariff terms.
Steps to Cancel My flight on Copa Airlines
Suppose you have Copa Airlines bookings but need to cancel them due to a pressing reason. You can cancel the Copa Airlines reservations in one of two ways: online or by phone. To begin the cancellation process, you must have your flight or booking confirmation number ready to enter or present to the aviation executive. Following the completion of the Copa Airlines cancellation process, you will be informed of the refund alternatives available to you.
Copa Airlines Online Cancellation Steps:
On your computer, open any web browser. Go to https://www.copaair.com/es/web/gs/home to see the Copa Airlines homepage. In the top right corner of the web page, click the ‘Log In’ or ‘Sign In’ button. Fill in your Copa Airlines login information. To log in, click the yellow ‘Log In’ button.
- If you forget your Copa Airlines login credentials, go to the bottom right and click the ‘Need assistance logging in?’ option.
If you’re a frequent flier with Copa Airlines, try the little box that says ‘Remember Me?’ after you enter your Copa Airlines login credentials. You won’t have to strain your brain to remember your username and password this way.
You can skip the logging-in step if you don’t have a Copa Airlines account. Visit the Copa Airlines cancellation website for more information. Enter your name and the proper confirmation number. Press the ‘Continue’ button now. You must enter the precise name of the individual who initially booked the flying ticket, according to Copa Airlines’ cancellation policy.
Go to the top of the page and click on the ‘Flight | Hotel | Car’ link. It will take you to a variety of alternatives and websites. In the ‘Flight’ heading, click the ‘Manage Copa Airlines Reservations’.
Select ‘Copa Airlines Cancel Reservation’ from the drop-down menu. Then select ‘Manage Reservations’ from the drop-down menu. You provoked a new page, which offers you a variety of possibilities. To cancel your Copa Airlines reservation, click the ‘Cancel Reservation’ button.
- On your desktop’s screen, three boxes will appear, asking for a confirmation number, first name, and last name. Then click on the ‘Continue’ option.
- You must use the name that you entered while booking your Copa Airlines flight ticket.
- Check your reserved ticket history. You will get this in the Copa Airlines account if you don’t know your ticket confirmation number.
- The flight confirmation number can also be found in your registered email address, which you provided when purchasing the flight ticket.
Double-check the specifics of your Copa Airlines flight. You must cancel the entire trip if you booked a round trip. It is not possible to withdraw only a portion of the travel.
Go to ‘Travel Funds’ to verify the refund status. It will tell you whether or not the amount you paid for your ticket is refundable. You can check the box next to ‘Request a refund’ if it says ‘Refundable.’ You will not receive any money back if it indicates “non-refundable.”
- Look for the ‘Cancel My Reservation?’ option at the bottom of the Copa Airlines cancellation web page or you can also visit through Copa Airlines Cancellation Policy page.
- To cancel the Copa Airlines reservation, click the ‘Yes, Cancel flight’ option.
Copa Airlines Cancellation fee:
The cancellation cost will be determined by the tariff restrictions that apply to your flight ticket since your ticket may or may not be refundable. If the ticket is refundable, the regulations’ penalty charges (if applicable) will be subtracted from the cancellation fees.
On your airline ticket, the tariff rules will state:
- If the ticket is refundable or not
- If you request a refund, this is the amount that will be removed.
In case your ticket is non-refundable, consider rescheduling your flight to avoid losing the money you paid for it.
Copa Airlines Refund Policy
Copa Airlines’ refund policy is as follows:
- After you submit your request and the accompanying evidence, only qualified tickets are eligible for a refund.
- The fare rules of your ticket will determine whether you are eligible for a refund and how much you will be refunded.
- The full economy and business fares are refundable.
- The following fares are non-refundable: Economy Basic, Economy Classic, and Business Promo. Other non-returnable prices, except Economy Basic, can be changed and rebooked for future travel for a cost.
- Optional products and services are non-refundable unless otherwise stated in the terms and conditions.
- Flight cancellations due to death or illness must be accompanied by appropriate paperwork, such as a death certificate or a medical certificate.
- Refund requests for tickets booked through travel agencies using cash or a travel agency credit card will be accepted first by Copa Airlines, but payment will be made straight to the traveler.
- Tickets that have been used are non-refundable.
- Requests for refunds must be made during the ticket’s validity period.
- Refunds will be sent to the nation of purchase in the same form and currency as the original payment.
- Fees that are not refundable, taxes, administrative fees, travel agency expenses, or other relevant fees will not be returned or reimbursed.
- One must follow up on refund requests using the refund status request form.