Etihad Airways Cancellation Policy
We know that people plan their trips with quite of mindfulness and the presence of time. But sometimes it so happens that time does not favour you. And you might need to withdraw all your plans due to some unforeseen situations. Booking flights with Etihad Airways is the best option if there are chances of such problems. However, there would still be a fair difference. Etihad Airways Cancellation Policy gives you the leverage to do so quite easily and with utmost flexibility.
The Etihad Cancellation Policy says that Passengers Qualify for a Refund if:
The passengers have got their bookings made from the airlines, or the travel agency of Canada, the US, or any other European Union.
If the cancellation is made at least 7 days before or more from the flight’s departure date.
Let’s learn about the Etihad Airways Cancellation Policy under which you are eligible for the full refund. They are:
- If the itinerary flight of a passenger has been cancelled, the airlines take the responsibility of a full refund.
- Passengers tested COVID positive just 48-96 hours before the flight’s scheduled departure.
- If the government has restricted any passenger from travelling for flights scheduled leave any reason, Etihad Airways doesn’t allow the passenger to travel and does the payment reversal.
Some Other Highlights of Etihad Cancellation Policy:
- The airline says that if the passengers want any refund after cancellation, the ticket must be under the refundable category.
- The cancellation charges of the cancelled ticket must be under the refundable category flights depending on the fare type and the regions where the flight has to travel, that is, on the routes.
- The airline says that they will initiate the refund for the cancelled tickets in the same amount from which they had received the payment for the ticket.
- If the passenger has a ticket with any special fare, the airline does not charge any cancellation fee.
- You can also cancel the flight ticket even just 2 hours before the departure time or the flight. But you will be asked to pay the cancellation fee, which is solely based on the type of ticket you bought at the time of booking.
- If only 96 hours or less are left in the flight’s departure, the airline charges 10% extra and the cancellation charges.
- In case of extreme situations such as the death of the passenger, or the demise of any close family member of the passenger, Etihad Airways is generous enough not to charge any amount as a cancellation fee and are. As per the Etihad Airways ticket cancellation policy, the airline cancels the flight for free in such situations.
How can I Cancel the Etihad Airways Flight Ticket?
The passengers have two to three options for cancelling the Etihad airways flight ticket or for the cancellation process. We have discussed both the methods one by one in the upcoming sections:
Online Etihad Airways Flight Cancellation
- Open your browser and go to the airline’s official website.
- Go to the ‘My Booking’ section of the website.
- Enter the required information, such as the passengers’ surnames and the flight booking or confirmation number.
- Go to the ‘Manage Booking’ section after that.
- The airlines will display your flight. Choose the trip you want to reschedule.
- Then, to confirm the cancellation, click the ‘Cancel’ option.
- That’s all; you’ve completed the cancelling process.
The airlines will send you a letter confirming your flight cancellation.
Etihad Airways Flight Cancellation Via Call
- Call +971 600 555 666 to reach the airline’s reservation service. The airline provides this number for guests to call to answer their questions about reservations, cancellations, and refunds.
- The airline will connect you to a representative once you call the number. Inform the person that you must cancel your flight reservation.
- Give him all pertinent information, including the passenger’s name, flight confirmation number, and other relevant details.
- Also, the individual will inform you of the cancellation and Etihad Airways Refunds.
- The person cancels the ticket on your behalf once you agree to all points.
- If your ticket is eligible for a refund, the airline’s executive will make the necessary arrangements.
- The airline will give you the necessary paperwork in the mail.
Note: There is one more option for the airline to cancel your flights, and that is by just going to the airport.
Etihad Airways Cancellation FAQs
Can I Cancel my Etihad Airways Flight?
If your fare conditions allow, you can cancel your flight. However, there will be a cancellation fee. However, if you follow the Etihad Cancellation Policy, you can cancel the flight ticket and receive a total refund.
Is it Possible to Change or Cancel an Etihad Airways Flight within 24 Hours?
The ticket must be under the refundable category.
Is There a Cost Associated with Cancelling your Flight?
Passengers can cancel and rebook their flights for free until September 2021. However, the passengers purchase in the same fare class and fly on the same route, and they will not be charged a fare difference if they rebook their journey.
Other Related Cancellation Policies:
United Airlines Cancellation Policy
Southwest Cancellation Policy
American Airlines Cancellation Policy
Virgin Australia Cancellation Policy
TAP Portugal Cancellation Policy
Pegasus Airlines Cancellation Policy