Etihad Flight Ticket Cancellation Policy
We know that people plan their trips with quite of mindfulness and the presence of time. But sometimes it so happens that time does not favour you. And you might need to withdraw all your plans due to some unforeseen situations. Booking flights with Etihad Airways is the best option if there are chances of such problems. However, there would still be a fair difference. Etihad Airways Cancellation Policy gives you the leverage to do so quite easily and with utmost flexibility.
The Etihad Cancellation Policy says that Passengers Qualify for a Refund if-
The passengers have got their bookings made from the airlines, or the travel agency of Canada, the US, or any other European Union.
If the cancellation is made at least 7 days before or more from the flight’s departure date.
Let’s learn about the Etihad Airways Cancellation Policy under which you are eligible for the full refund. They are:
- If the itinerary flight of a passenger has been cancelled, the airlines take the responsibility of a full refund.
- Passengers tested COVID positive just 48-96 hours before the flight’s scheduled departure.
- If the government has restricted any passenger from travelling for flights scheduled leave any reason, Etihad Airways doesn’t allow the passenger to travel and does the payment reversal.
Some Other Highlights of Etihad Cancellation Policy
- The airline says that if the passengers want any refund after cancellation, the ticket must be under the refundable category.
- The cancellation charges of the cancelled ticket must be under the refundable category flights depending on the fare type and the regions where the flight has to travel, that is, on the routes.
- The airline says that they will initiate the refund for the cancelled tickets in the same amount from which they had received the payment for the ticket.
- If the passenger has a ticket with any special fare, the airline does not charge any cancellation fee.
- You can also cancel the flight ticket even just 2 hours before the departure time or the flight. But you will be asked to pay the cancellation fee, which is solely based on the type of ticket you bought at the time of booking.
- If only 96 hours or less are left in the flight’s departure, the airline charges 10% extra and the cancellation charges.
- In case of extreme situations such as the death of the passenger, or the demise of any close family member of the passenger, Etihad Airways is generous enough not to charge any amount as a cancellation fee and are. As per the Etihad Airways ticket cancellation policy, the airline cancels the flight for free in such situations.
How can I Cancel the Etihad Airways Flight Ticket?
The passengers have two to three options for cancelling the Etihad airways flight ticket or for the cancellation process. We have discussed both the methods one by one in the upcoming sections:
Online Etihad Airways Flight Cancellation-
- Open your browser and go to the airline’s official website.
- Go to the ‘My Booking‘ section of the website.
- Enter the required information, such as the passengers’ surnames and the flight booking or confirmation number.
- Go to the ‘Manage Booking‘ section after that.
- The airlines will display your flight. Choose the trip you want to reschedule.
- Then, to confirm the cancellation, click the ‘Cancel‘ option.
- That’s all; you’ve completed the cancelling process.
The airlines will send you a letter confirming your flight cancellation.
Etihad Airways Flight Cancellation Via Call-
- Call +971 600 555 666 to reach the airline’s reservation service. The airline provides this number for guests to call to answer their questions about reservations, cancellations, and refunds.
- The airline will connect you to a representative once you call the number. Inform the person that you must cancel your flight reservation.
- Give him all pertinent information, including the passenger’s name, flight confirmation number, and other relevant details.
- Also, the individual will inform you of the cancellation and Etihad Airways Refunds.
- The person cancels the ticket on your behalf once you agree to all points.
- If your ticket is eligible for a refund, the airline’s executive will make the necessary arrangements.
- The airline will give you the necessary paperwork in the mail.
Note: There is one more option for the airline to cancel your flights, and that is by just going to the airport.
Eithad Cancellation Fee
If you are not eligible to cancel your tickets for free, then you have to pay a cancellation fee. Moreover, the fee will depend on the ticket fare and route booked by the traveler.
- First, you may be subjected to added restrictions if you have booked various fares.
- Moreover, All refunds will be subjected to the fare rules of the flight ticket as per Eithas Airways Cancellation Policy.
- Also, you have to pay an additional 10% fee in case of flight cancellation within 96 hours of your flight.
- Besides, if you face the sudden death of any member of your family, then the airline will not charge any fee from the traveler.
- On the other hand, if you miss your flight, you will be subjected to a change and No-Show fee.
Etihad Airways Refund Policy
Passengers will get their refund when they meet some requirements as per the airline. Further, the situations are:
- Refunds may take 14 – 30 business days to reflect on your account statement.
- Besides, your ticket is refundable if it has not been utilized.
- Similarly, refunds and cancellations cannot be canceled under the Eithad refund policy.
- Also, refunds are subject to the rules of the fare of the ticket.
- In addition, your ticket should be issued five days before departure and bought with a credit card.
- Likewise, passengers will get their refunds in the original form of payment.
- However, you can contact Etihad Airways customer service when you no longer use the credit or debit card you used to pay for your booking.
- Additionally, service and ancillary fees are non-refundable.
- If you have any questions about the refund policy or need help, you can dial +1-860-498-9674 instantly from your phone.
How To Apply For Eithad Airlines Refund?
If you are willing to claim a refund on your flight cancellation according to the Etihad Airways Refund Policy, then you can follow the given below steps:
- Firstly, you need to go to the official website of the airline.
- After that, you have to choose the ‘Manage my Booking’ option.
- Then, you must provide some required details such as your booking number and last name.
- Now, navigate to the ‘my trips’ section and choose the flight to get a refund.
- Further, you will lend to the payment section, where you can see all deducted amounts from your fare.
- At last, you need to click on the “Submit” option and wait for your refund to be processed.
How To Check Your Etihad Airways Refund Status?
To know your Eithas Airways refund status, you must visit the Eithas Airways booking page and carefully follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, you have to go to the official website and then go to the “Manage My Booking” section.
- Then, you need to enter your last name and booking confirmation number in the provided space.
- After that, choose the flight that you want to cancel and choose the “Refund” tab.
- Now, mention the cancellation date and then click on “Next.”
- At last, choose “Refund Status” and check your refund details after inputting your booking details.
Etihad Airways Flight Cancellation Compensation
If your flight is canceled by the airline due to any technical issues or other reasons. Then, the airline will be responsible for providing compensation to the passengers. Moreover, the airline also offers the option of alternative flights. But, if you refuse to choose the alternative flight option, you will get compensation from Etihad Airways.
- $ 400 for flights not exceeding 3,500km.
- $ 600 for flights exceeding 3,500 km
- Etihad Airways cancellation compensation is reduced by 50% if you are offered an alternative flight for which the arrival time does not more than the original arrival time of the flight.
- By 3 hours for flights within 3,500 km.
- By 4 hours for flights exceeding 3,500 km.
Etihad Airways Cancellation FAQs
Other Related Cancellation Policies:
United Airlines Cancellation Policy
Southwest Cancellation Policy
American Airlines Cancellation Policy
Virgin Australia Cancellation Policy
TAP Portugal Cancellation Policy
Pegasus Airlines Cancellation Policy