How Can I Cancel My Virgin Australia Flight?
Passengers must be aware of every minute detail when they are traveling with any of the airlines. Be it its reservation, cancellation, or refund policies. If you are stuck in some sort of trouble and pondering upon the Virgin Australia cancellation policy, we are here to help you out.
- The airline gives leverage of one day to its passengers from the time of booking to cancel the tickets without paying any charges.
- Once this period of 1 day is over, the passengers need to pay a cancellation fee. Now the cancellation charges will be based on different factors:
The type of fare the passengers have opted for while making reservations.
The period between the flight departure and the time of cancellation made by the passenger
The number of tickets being canceled
The seasons. The peak season and off-season cancellation fees are different.
When Does Virgin Australia Don’t charge any Cancellation Fee?
Under the following circumstances, Virgin Australia doesn’t ask for cancellation charges:
- The Virgin Australia 24 Hours Cancellation Policy is a godsend for travelers who may have made a mistake when making their reservation because they may cancel it and rebook accurately without incurring any Virgin Australia Cancellation costs.
- The airline cancels the flights due to genuine reasons such as bad weather conditions, pandemics, or technical issues.
How to cancel the Virgin Australia Flight?
Well, the passengers can cancel their flights by opting for three different ways:
- Online method, that is, by visiting the website.
- Calling the airlines directly
- Visiting the airport
If you have got your reservations done through some travel agent or travel agency, you are not left with any other option but to get back to them for cancellation.
Virgin Australia Online Flight Cancellation
Many of you don’t know about the “Virgin Australia Cancel Flight” procedure. Follow these steps, and you are good to go:
- Visit the official and authentic site of Virgin Australia.
- Enter your credentials, such as ID and password.
- Head to the option ‘my reservation’ or ‘my bookings.
- Select from the bookings that appeared on the screen that you need to cancel.
- Once you’ve selected the reservation for cancellation, a pop-up box will try to catch your attention by asking you to confirm that you’re sure you want to proceed. If you wish to proceed with the reservation cancellation, click “Yes,” and if you don’t, pick “No.”
- If you choose “Yes,” the reservation you picked from the list will be officially canceled.
You will receive an SMS or email from the airline regarding the cancellation, confirming and providing evidence of the action taken.
Virgin Australia Flight Cancellation via call
Follow the below-mentioned steps to make Virgin Australia flight Cancellation through a phone call:
- Passengers facing any kind of issue or want to query about flight fare or cancellation charges and refund, and they can dial +61 7 3295 3000. This is a toll-free number of Virgin Australia Airlines.
- Tell the person that you need to cancel your Virgin Australia Flight.
- Ask about your refund options from that staff.
- Once learned about the refunds, confirm the cancellation.
Virgin Australia flight Cancellation at Airport
This is the most convenient method passengers follow to make the “virgin Australia cancel the flight” procedure successful, especially those who face issues choosing the online method:
- You need to go to the airport from where you were to board the flight
- Head towards Airport Ticket Office (ATO)
- You can speak with a Virgin Australia executive in person and request that your flight tickets be cancelled. The refund will be credited to the same debit or credit card that you used to make the purchase.
Important Points Related to Refund.
Please keep in mind:
- That the cancellation charge is subject to change based on the regulations of various countries.
- Passengers can avail of the payment reversal amount up to 12 months from the date the airline issued the refund.
- The process of refunding the amount takes a sound 12 business days.
Cancellation Charge for Virgin Australia:
Go through the following points to learn about Virgin Australia flight cancellation fee:
- If you cancel a domestic flight with GCC, the airline will charge you an AUD 80.00 cancellation fee per passenger, with a maximum of AUD 320 per booking.
- If you cancel an international flight with GCC, the airline will charge you an AUD 80.00 per person cancellation fee, with a maximum of AUD 320 per booking.
The table below shows the percentage of amount deduction from your booking price based on the difference between departure date and cancellation date:
|Number of days between cancellation and flight departure||% of the total booking price|
Can you cancel a Virgin Flight within 24 hours?
Passengers who cancel a refundable ticket within 24 hours of the departure date, as per Virgin Australia cancellation policy 24 hours, are entitled to a full refund without incurring any fees. If the cancellation is made within 24 hours of the transaction, there will be an extra cancellation cost.
See Also– Virgin Atlantic Cancellation Policy