Are you willing to cancel your Virgin Australia flight booking on time before it’s too late? If yes, don’t panic and learn about the ways to Virgin Australia flights Cancellation for no penalty at much ease.
Virgin Australia Airlines is the largest flag carrier based in Australia. It operates flights within 32 destinations and has a fleet size of 70. Moreover, the airline shares hubs in Brisbane, Melbourne, and Sydney Airport. Make a Virgin Australia reservation and get access to low-fare tickets and amazing deals on car rentals and hotel bookings. In addition, the airline permits full flexibility to change or cancel trips before the travel date.
Highlights of the Virgin Australia Flight cancellation Policy
In many situations, one may have to reschedule or even cancel trips a few days before departure. Moreover, passengers can visit the airline’s official site and choose the manage booking section to cancel bookings online.
- If you are going to cancel Virgin Australia reservations, keep the following points in mind.
- If you need to cancel flights for free, your booking should be made seven days before departure.
- Moreover, the airline charges an extra fee for submitting flight cancellation requests after expiry.
- According to the flight cancellation policy, group passengers have to cancel flights by phone call. Moreover, they can reach out to the customer service team anytime on the area-wise helpline number.
- Suppose you have booked two tickets by mistake. Virgin Australia airline will permit the cancellation of the ticket with a lower airfare. However, one must cancel the flight ticket at least 72 hours before the scheduled flight departure.
- In addition, fill out a refund request application right after canceling the flights. Furthermore, the team will verify your request and transfer the refund accordingly.
- The airline will charge 10% of the total amount as a cancellation fee within 96 hours of flight departure.
- Moreover, the airline will not charge extra fees for canceling flights in the event of death, military orders, or illness. However, you have to submit a valid document like a death certificate to prove the same to the flight representative.
How Can I Cancel My Virgin Australia Flight?
Passengers must be aware of every minute detail when they are traveling with any of the airlines. Be it its reservation, cancellation, or refund policies. If you are stuck in some sort of trouble and pondering upon the Virgin Australia cancellation policy, we are here to help you out.
- The airline gives leverage of one day to its passengers from the time of booking to cancel the tickets without paying any charges.
Once this period of 1 day is over, the passengers need to pay a cancellation fee. Now the cancellation charges will be based on different factors:
- The type of fare the passengers have opted for while making reservations.
- The period between the flight departure and the time of cancellation made by the passenger
- The number of tickets being canceled
- The seasons:- The peak season and off-season cancellation fees are different.
Additional Services Offered by Virgin Atlantic Airlines at the Airport
If your scheduled flight is delayed, you are eligible to obtain some extra facilities and services at the airport. However, these rights are available based on your flight distance. For instance,
- For Flights Shorter than 1500 km – After waiting for two hours at the airport, you get free food and drinks, two emails, phone calls, and faxes.
- Flights at a Medium Distance Between 1500 and 3500 km – The airline provides complimentary in-flight services, including food and drinks and phone calls after three hours of waiting time.
- On Long-haul Flights up to 3500 km- You get complimentary in-flight services onboard the plane if your flight is delayed for four or more hours.
Most importantly, if your flight is more than five years, you have the right to withdraw from your flight. Furthermore, the airline will provide reimbursement or an alternative travel method to meet your travel requirements.
On the other hand, you are eligible for a hotel stay when your departure is postponed until the following day. Moreover, you can enjoy other airfare services for free or at much cheaper rates. However, contact the Virgin Australia customer service team and request the confirmation of your hotel and airport transfers in advance.
Book a New Flight If your Flight is Canceled on Virgin Atlantic Airlines
Passengers can customize a travel package as per convenience and requirements. Suppose you have canceled the booked flights a few days before departure. In that case, choose to rebook a flight directly on the Virgin Atlantic phone number and seek additional assistance. Moreover, if you face any flight disruptions within the U.K, dial +44 (0)344 209 7777. While calling to/from the USA, call +1-860-498-9674.
About Virgin Australia Refund Policy
After canceling the flights, one must be concerned about getting a refund. However, at Virgin Australia, fill out an online refund request application and wait for a response from the team.
- One can only expect a full refund after canceling flights within 24 hours of the initial booking.
- Moreover, passengers have to submit an online form and have to explain the reason for the flight cancellation.
- To seek any required help and assistance on flight cancellation and refund requests, speak with the Virgin Australia flight representative.
When Does Virgin Australia Don’t Charge Any Cancellation Fee?
Under the following circumstances, Virgin Australia doesn’t ask for cancellation charges:
- The Virgin Australia 24 Hours Cancellation Policy is a godsend for travelers who may have made a mistake when making their reservation because they may cancel it and rebook accurately without incurring any Virgin Australia Cancellation costs.
- The airline cancels the flights due to genuine reasons such as bad weather conditions, pandemics, or technical issues.
How to Cancel the Virgin Australia Flight?
Well, the passengers can cancel their flights by opting for three different ways:
- Online method, that is, by visiting the website.
- Calling the airlines directly
- Visiting the airport
If you have got your reservations done through some travel agent or travel agency, you are not left with any other option but to get back to them for cancellation.
Virgin Australia Online Flight Cancellation
Many of you don’t know about the “Virgin Australia Cancel Flight” procedure. Follow these steps, and you are good to go:
- Visit the official and authentic site of Virgin Australia.
- Enter your credentials, such as ID and password.
- Head to the option ‘my reservation’ or ‘my bookings.
- Select from the bookings that appeared on the screen that you need to cancel.
- Once you’ve selected the reservation for cancellation, a pop-up box will try to catch your attention by asking you to confirm that you’re sure you want to proceed. If you wish to proceed with the reservation cancellation, click “Yes,” and if you don’t, pick “No.”
- If you choose “Yes,” the reservation you picked from the list will be officially canceled.
You will receive an SMS or email from the airline regarding the cancellation, confirming and providing evidence of the action taken.
Virgin Australia Flight Cancellation via Call
Follow the below-mentioned steps to make Virgin Australia flight Cancellation through a phone call:
- Passengers facing any kind of issue or want to query about flight fare or cancellation charges and refund, and they can dial +61 7 3295 3000. This is a toll-free number of Virgin Australia Airlines.
- Tell the person that you need to cancel your Virgin Australia Flight.
- Ask about your refund options from that staff.
- Once learned about the refunds, confirm the cancellation.
Virgin Australia Flight Cancellation at Airport
This is the most convenient method passengers follow to make the “virgin Australia cancel the flight” procedure successful, especially those who face issues choosing the online method:
- You need to go to the airport from where you were to board the flight
- Head towards Airport Ticket Office (ATO)
- You can speak with a Virgin Australia executive in person and request that your flight tickets be canceled. The refund will be credited to the same debit or credit card that you used to make the purchase.
Important Points Related to Virgin Australia Refund.
Please keep in mind:
- That the cancellation charge is subject to change based on the regulations of various countries.
- Passengers can avail of the payment reversal amount up to 12 months from the date the airline issued the refund.
- The process of refunding the amount takes a sound 12 business days.
Cancellation Charge for Virgin Australia:
Go through the following points to learn about Virgin Australia flight cancellation fee:
- If you cancel a domestic flight with GCC, the airline will charge you an AUD 80.00 cancellation fee per passenger, with a maximum of AUD 320 per booking.
- If you cancel an international flight with GCC, the airline will charge you an AUD 80.00 per person cancellation fee, with a maximum of AUD 320 per booking.
The table below shows the percentage of amount deduction from your booking price based on the difference between departure date and cancellation date:
|Number of days between Cancellation and Flight departure||% of the total booking price|
Can You Cancel a Virgin Australia Flight within 24 Hours?
Passengers who cancel a refundable ticket within 24 hours of the departure date, as per Virgin Australia cancellation policy 24 hours, are entitled to a full refund without incurring any fees. If the cancellation is made within 24 hours of the transaction, there will be an extra cancellation cost.
Virgin Australia Flight FAQs
How to Cancel a Virgin Australia Flight Booked Through a Third Party or Travel Agent?
Some customers buy flight tickets through a third party or a travel agent. If you have purchased tickets through another party, you have to contact them directly. You need to ask the travel agents to cancel the Virgin Australia reservation on your behalf. Moreover, the airline will not deal with any requests related to cancellations and refunds.
What Things You Must Check While Canceling Flights on Virgin Australia Airlines?
Suppose you have made a Virgin Australia booking and wish to cancel the tickets before the travel date. In that case, you have to meet the following requirements.
- First, check if your flight is refundable or not.
- You should purchase a flight ticket using a credit card five days in advance.
- However, the bank may impose an additional fee.
- The refund process will take up to 14-30 days to initiate a refund after canceling the flights.
- Most importantly, there is no compensation for canceling global services.
- You can dial Virgin Airlines phone number +1-860-498-9674 to get an overview of the cancellation and refund policy.
How Much Compensation Do You Get for Flight Delays on Virgin Australia Airlines?
According to the EU261 rules and regulations, flyers can get up to €600 as compensation for delayed or canceled flights. However, the total amount of compensation depends on the flight length and destination. The policy also covers the refunds for overbooking, canceled, or delayed flights for three or more hours. Moreover, the refund is applicable on flights up to six years old.
- For flights up to 1500 km and flying between London and Edinburgh, you get €250 compensation.
- Moreover, passengers can obtain €400 for flights within London and Athens up to a distance of 3500 km.
- For flights operating on long distances up to 3500 km from London to Tokyo, the airline will provide €600.
What If your Virgin Australia Flight is Delayed for More Than Five Hours?
If your scheduled flight is delayed for five hours, the airline will provide either reimbursement or arrange an alternative flight. However, the rebooking of the flight depends on the seat’s availability on the plane for the next trip. When your departure is postponed till the following day, get a hotel stay with transportation to/from the hotel. You may contact the official team and talk to the Virgin Australia flight representative at +1-860-498-9674 when you need instant help.