Air France Cancellation Policy, Process, Fee 2023-2024
Air France cancellation policy allows you to cancel your tickets when in need. It means when a passenger is unable to board their flight, they can cancel their flight reservation and also claim a refund from the airline. In this post, you will be able to learn everything related to the policy, including rules, processes, fees, and more. So, go through the below information to have a better insight.
Air France Ticket Cancellation Policy
Air France Airlines provide tickets that can be changed and refunded, subject to ticket cancellation charges. Moreover, Air France cancellation policy will be applicable on refundable and non-refundable fares as well. With this, there are multiple guidelines that every passenger needs to know before canceling their flight tickets.
For Refundable Fares
- Refundable tickets come with a flexible flight change policy.
- Moreover, passengers with refundable flight tickets can cancel their booking up to four hours before the planned departure of the flight in case of international flights.
- In addition, for domestic flights, passengers can make a flight cancellation at least two hours prior to the departure.
- In case of a no-show, passengers are able to cancel their flight tickets and claim a refund after the flight departure. However, they need to pay the Air France cancellation fee.
- On the other hand, no cancellation fee waiver is provided in any situation.
For Non-Refundable Fare
- The Air France cancellation policy is applicable only on unused parts of the flight ticket.
- Besides, passengers who are holding non-refundable fares can cancel their flight tickets and receive travel credits from the airline.
- In addition, the validity of the vouchers is one year from the actual date of issuance and can be used to purchase new flight reservations.
- The Air France ticket cancellation policy states that you can claim a refund if the airline cancels your flight.
- Additionally, it is the residue value of the new prices if above the original voucher. Also, passengers need to pay a fare difference.
- A refund on a canceled flight will be offered in the event of the sudden death of a passenger or any family member, illness, health issue, or critical situation.
Air France 24-Hour Cancellation Policy
Some airlines, including United Airlines, offer a 24-hour cooling-off period, during which you can cancel your booking and receive a full refund. Below are some important points that enable you to understand the meaning of this policy that you need to consider prior to requesting the 24-hour flight cancellation. So, read the below points carefully:
- With United Airlines, passengers who cancel their tickets within 24-hour of flight reservation will not need to pay any cancellation charges as per Air France flight cancellation policy.
- According to the policy of Air France, passengers can cancel their flight tickets within 24-hour of the flight reservation without paying any charges.
- However, passengers who cancel their flight reservation on the same day of flight departure will not get any refund from the airline.
- Besides, passengers who cancel their flight reservation within 24-hour of the booking with the condition after midnight will receive a refund for the complete value of the ticket.
- In addition, the date of flight departure should be seven days or above to get a full refund when Air France cancels a flight.
- Similarly, the 24-hour flight cancellation is not applied to the member of the frequent flyer program.
- In addition, passengers with group reservations are permitted to use a 24-hour cancellation policy and are subject to group contact.
- On the other hand, any flight reservation made with travel credits is not eligible for the same.
- As per Air France 24-hour flight cancellation, no cancellation fee is to be paid by the passenger.
How to cancel Air France Tickets?
Suppose you need to cancel your flight reservation and want to learn the process of the same. Then, you must know that you can perform the process for Air France flight cancellation in various ways. To get familiar with all of them, simply look at the methods below.
Methods 1: Online
- Firstly, visit the official website of the airline.
- Secondly, login to your account and click on the “My Booking” tab.
- Then, select the itinerary you want to cancel.
- Now, confirm your flight cancellation by clicking on the “Confirm” button.
- After that, click on “Yes” to cancel your bookings.
- Next, the airline will cancel your flight tickets accordingly.
- Further, you will receive a confirmation email on your provided email from the airline.
- Then, fill out the refund request form for your Air France canceled flight today.
- At last, you will get your refund within ten business days in the original form of payment.
Method 2: Offline
If you feel unsafe to cancel your flight tickets online, then do not worry, as you can connect with Air France customer service to cancel your reservation. Moreover, you must have an Air France cancellation phone number (1 (800) 237-2747) to talk to a live person at the airline. Once you connect with the representatives, request to cancel your reservation and provide your flight details to him.
Method 3: At the Airport
People can also cancel their reservation by visiting the nearest airport or United ticket counter. When you reach the airport, you need to inform the airline about your cancellation and give the required details of your flight booking to cancel it. However, you are allowed to cancel your international booking three hours before the departure and your domestic flight reservation two hours before the scheduled departure.
Air France Flight Cancellation Fee
Passengers do not need to pay any cancellation fee to the airline when they cancel their flight reservation within 24-hour of purchase. However, after 24 hours, they must pay the Air France cancel flight fee. Similarly, the fee may vary as it depends on the way of cancellation.
Additionally, for non-refundable ticket cancellations, the Air France flight cancellation fee will be $100 – $400 after 24 hours of flight booking. Cancellation charges range from $100-$500 that are applicable on flight cancellations made after the passing of 24 hours.
Moreover, below is the table that enables us to deeply understand the fee criteria for flight cancellation at Air France.
|Time Of Cancellation||Official Website||Over The Call||At The Airport|
|within 24-hour||Free||Free||Not Permitted|
|After 24 Hours||$200||$250||$200|
Air France Cancellation Compensation
When the airline cancels your flight without any prior notice and does not offer you an alternative flight. Then, you will be eligible to get Air France canceled flight compensation along with a refund.
Further, the Air France flight cancellation compensation starts from 250 to 600 USD. Besides, the compensation amount may differ as it depends on the following factors:
- The distance of the flight between points A and B.
- The time duration of the delay.
- Whether passengers have been provided an alternative flight.
For Delayed Flights
Passengers will get compensation for delayed flights that varies as per the below flight distance.
- First, when the flight distance between points A and B is less than 1500 km, then the compensation value will be 250 USD.
- Besides, the said distance between point A and point B is between 1500 and 3500 km. Then, the Air France delayed flight compensation is 400 USD.
- Similarly, the same travel distance between points A and B is more than 2500 km. Then, the compensation value is 6000 USD.
Moreover, the mentioned below situations deserve special mention:
- For a flight distance above 3500 km and the flight is delayed for three hours, you will get 600 USD as Air France’s compensation.
- Likewise, if Air France flight delay is longer than 2500 and less than three hours, then the Air France delayed flight compensation value is reduced by 50%. Consequently, you will get only 300 USD.
Here is the tabular overview of the same. Look at the below table:
|Delay Length||Distance of the flight between point A and B||Compensation Value in USD|
|Three hours or more||Less than 1500 Km||2500|
|Three hours or more||Between 1500 km to 3500 km||400|
|3-4 Hours||More than 3500||300|
|Four hours or more||More than 3500||600|
For Cancelled Flights
If the passengers confirm their flight reservation and the airline cancels their flight less than 14 days prior to the scheduled departure. Then, the compensation amount will be:
|Flight Length||Compensation Amount|
|Less than 1500 km||250 USD|
|Between 1500 to 3500 km||400 USD|
|More than 3500 km||300 USD|
Air France Refund Policy
Air France flight cancellation refund will be provided to the passengers who paid for their tickets. In addition, the airline provides you with the refund amount in the original form of payment. Further, the following are the guidelines of the Air France refund policy that you need to understand well.
- As per Air France cancellation Policy, if flights are booked within 24 hours, and you complete the ticket purchase seven days or more prior to the planned departure, you will be entitled to a complete refund.
- Moreover, passengers with Air France Basic Economy tickets are not qualified to acquire a refund in any situation. Only the 24-hour flight cancellation will be applicable on such tickets.
- In addition, if your flight ticket is eligible for flight cancellation, simply navigate to the Manage Booking section and claim a refund under Air France cancellation refund policy.
- The refund policy of Air France will apply to the tickets based on the country from where you bought the flight tickets.
- Additionally, if any passenger faces difficulty in canceling their flight tickets, then they can directly contact the Air France customer service team for help.
- Similarly, all types of itineraries, regardless of the fare rules, qualify for voluntary refunds.
- On the other hand, the credit card refund will be transferred within 7 to 10 business days. However, the debit card refunds may take 15 – 20 business days.
How to Get a Refund from Air France?
Passengers can claim a refund using multiple ways online and offline as described below:
- First, visit the Air France Airlines official website.
- Then, access your account by entering the login credentials.
- Now, select the “Manage My Booking” section.
- Then, input the information on the canceled tickets.
- After that, open the page of canceled flight tickets.
- Next, scroll down till the bottom section comes. Here, click on the “Refund” option.
- At last, you will get a refund form to fill out and request a refund.
- To initiate this process, first, call the Air France customer service phone number and select your language.
- Then, select the correct option to talk to a live agent.
- Now, provide the required information to the agent of the airline.
- Finally, request your refund.
Hopefully, the above information will be helpful to you and enables you to cancel your flight reservation and claim a refund. Besides, if you still have any doubts or concerns regarding the Air France cancellation policy, you can call our Air France toll-free number through this website 24/7. Feel free to connect with us.
Air France Cancellation FAQs
See More Air France Posts:
- Air France Booking
- Air France Change Flight
- How Do I Get In Touch With Air France?
- Air France Cancellation and Refund Policy
- Air France en Español Telefono
- How Do I Speak To A Live Person At Air France?
- Air France Group Travel Booking
- Air France Seat Selection