Delta Airlines Flight Change Fees and Process Details
With the outbreak of Covid-19, Delta Airlines stopped charging flight change fees to passengers within the US. Moreover, the policy covers international flights originating from the U.S. One only has to pay the fare difference if the new ticket price is costlier than the previous booking. As per the Delta flight change policy, the fee waiver does not apply to Basic Economy tickets. In addition, one cannot change or cancel them until they fall under the airline’s changeability waiver.
Key Highlights of the Delta Flight Change Policy
Passengers can receive full flexibility to make modifications to flight tickets even on the departure day. However, there are certain restrictions that you need to meet and submit the flight change request.
- As per the Delta flight change policy, passengers can change flights without any extra fees within 24 hours of booking.
- If you make any changes to the tickets after the grace period, you have to pay the flight change fees. The extra fees are non-refundable and range between $20 and $500.
- Moreover, you have to pay the fare difference when rebooking tickets. If the new ticket fare is more expensive, you have to pay the additional charges.
- The change service allows you to change the date, destination, time, seats, and travel classes.
- There are no change fees for traveling in Main Cabin, Comfort plus, First Class, Delta Premium Select, and Delta One.
- In addition, passengers can change an award flight up to 72 hours before the scheduled departure for $150.
- However, if you are a Diamond and Platinum Medallion member, you don’t have to pay the flight change fees.
- Delta Airlines imposes no fees for changing flights in the event of death, accident, court orders, and illness.
Does Delta Airlines allow you to make free Flight Changes?
Delta changed its flight change policy on April 29, 2022, to give more flexibility to the flyers. If your travel plan changes and you wish to reschedule your flight, opt for the flight change service.
Let’s have a look at the revised airline flight change policy of Delta Airlines.
- Delta Airlines no longer impose change or cancellation fees for flights booked in the Main Cabin. Moreover, it also includes flights originating from North America.
- If you have any remaining amount left, the airline will convert it into an eCredit, which you can use any time before your tickets expire.
- You have complete flexibility to change the date, time, or route before your actual travel date for free. Furthermore, choose the “My Trips” option on the manage booking page on the airline’s official site.
- Suppose your new ticket fare is more expensive than the current flight booking. In that case, you must pay the fare difference, depending on the new ticket fares.
- Most importantly, Basic Economy tickets will remain non-changeable and non-refundable. However, there are certain routes for which one can pay an extra fee and make flight modifications. It includes Europe, Africa, and other international routes.
- If you don’t change or cancel your tickets in advance, no remaining value will be left.
- If you wish to redeem your flight credit, visit the airline’s official redeem page to book an award flight.
- Passengers can rebook flight tickets expiring in 2022 and new tickets booked in 2022 through December 31, 2023.
How to avoid paying the Flight Change fees on Delta Airlines?
Delta Airlines has eliminated change or cancellation fees on most of the fares to provide full flexibility to the customers. Moreover, there are some ways through which you can avoid paying the flight change or cancellation fees.
- The airline features a 24-hour policy stating that a flyer can change or cancel a flight ticket within 24 hours of the original booking. Moreover, you must upgrade your booking in advance to avoid paying the extra charges.
- On purchasing a refundable ticket fare, the chances are high that you can receive a full refund for changing/canceling flights.
- Suppose the airline delays your scheduled flight for three or more hours. In that case, customers are entitled to request a refund. Additionally, the team will give you two options, including rescheduling your flight or claiming refunds.
- The frequent flyer members may also make flight changes without paying an additional fee. Moreover, you can also use your points or miles to make ticket upgrades in advance for free. From making seat upgrades to getting an early check-in, frequent flyers can enjoy a lot of complimentary airfare services.
How to Change Flight Tickets on Delta Airlines?
If you have booked refundable fares, you can change your flight tickets online within a few clicks. Moreover, visit the airline’s official site, move to the manage booking page, and follow the steps below.
- First of all, open your web browser and navigate the Delta Airlines official site.
- Second, click on the “My Trips” tab.
- Enter your last name and flight confirmation code in the specific fields.
- After that, press the “Start Flight Change” button.
- Now choose the flight to change and look for the customization option.
- Next, follow the on-screen instructions and click on the “Change Flight” button.
- You can complete the process by paying the flight change fees as per the Delta flight change policy.
- Finally, you will receive the confirmation in your mail from the airline’s official team.
Otherwise, you can also request the team to change flights before departure. To obtain help, you can give a call on the airline’s helpline number +1(800) 221-1212 and talk to a live person.
Same-day Flight Change Policy of Delta Airlines
The same-day policy states that changes are applicable 24 hours before departure within the US, Puerto Rico, and the USVI. However, it requires an additional fee of USD 75. The same-day flight changes are complimentary for Diamond, Gold Medallion, and Platinum members. Most importantly, same-day changes are not applicable on international and Basic Economy flight tickets.
Let’s look at what you can refer to when changing Delta flights on the same day of departure.
- The expiry date of the flight tickets booked in 2021 is now extended till 31st December 2022.
- Moreover, if you change the current flight booking online, the changes will apply to all people under your reservation.
- It may require an additional fee when changing flights that a third-party agent books.
What is Delta Airlines’ Change Fee Waiver for Basic Economy fares?
According to the Delta flight change policy covid, the airline waives the change fees for Basic Economy. Generally, Basic Economy flight tickets are non-changeable. Later, when you wish to travel, you can rebook tickets and begin your journey no later than December 31, 2022. You can make itinerary changes during this period without paying an additional fee.
Contact Delta Airlines Customer Service Team for Instant Travel Assistance
Delta Airlines provides complete help and instant travel assistance to flyers when making flight changes before the day of travel. Moreover, dial 800-221-1212 and immediately connect with a flight representative and request them to make changes on your behalf. Besides flight changes, you can seek help in booking or managing flight tickets without any trouble. For more information, head to the airline’s official site and learn the guidelines about the flight change policy.