What Does Icelandair Cancellation Policy Suggest?
Someone intelligent and smart will always take a safer side, even when it comes to flight bookings. Be it any airline; the passenger must go through the reservation and cancellation policy. The same is the case with Icelandair Airlines, as it also has an Icelandair cancellation policy assisting customers with all the necessary details.
What Icelandair cancellation policy has to say?
As per the Icelandair cancellation policy:
- Reservations made through the authentic site of the airline will charge no cancellation fees to the passengers.
For refundable tickets:
- You get a full refund if flight bookings are shunned before 24 hours.
- You get charged if you cross that 24 hours of the time period.
- You will not be entitled to any refund if you don’t board the flight and the scheduled flight has departed.
- Also, the bookings should have been done through the official site to avail of the full refund.
For non-refundable tickets:
- You get a full refund if you withdraw the booking within the risk-free period (24 hours from the booking time)
- You will not get back any amount after 24 hours. The airline will deduct the whole amount.
Apart from all this, the Icelandair cancellation policy says that one should use a travel voucher within a year if offered by the airline.
What if Your Icelandair Flight is Delayed?
Icelandair cancellation says that it varies from the airlines when it comes to delayed flights.
- Unlike other airlines, Icelandair will return the total amount of the fare only if the flight is delayed for 4 hours or more.
- If the airline is not able to complete the travel within the fixed timings, it comes with the following benefits for its passengers:
- Offer a full refund,
- Provide with transportation, accommodation, food, and call, all for free
For claiming the benefits mentioned above, the passengers should contact the airline customer service, which is not after 14 days of the departure.
- If the flight gets delayed because of some natural calamity, bad weather, the airline might not pay for any compensation. Don’t worry, and the airline will make you aware of such conditions beforehand.
Note: Regardless of refundable or non-refundable tickets, the passengers will get compensation if the flight gets delayed for more than 5 hours.
How to cancel Icelandair flights?
However, you have different options when it comes to flight cancellation. One is to call on a toll-free number of Icelandair’s Reservations Department +1-888-978-0366 and directly talk to the airline person for calling the tickets. But online cancellation is the most convenient way o do the same:
- Online Icelandair Cancellations
- On your computer, open the homepage of Icelandair through http://www.icelandair.com/.
- In the top right corner of the web page, click the ‘Login’ or ‘Sign In’ button.
- Fill in your Icelandair login information.
- To log in, click the yellow ‘Log In’ button.
- You can skip the logging-in step if you don’t have an Icelandair account. Visit the Icelandair cancellations website for more information.
- Enter your name and the proper confirmation number.
- Press the ‘Continue’ button now.
- At the top of the homepage, click the ‘Flight | Hotel | Car’ tab.
- In the ‘Flight’ heading, click the ‘Manage Icelandair Reservations’ link http://www.icelandair.com/.
- Select ‘Icelandair Cancel Reservation’ from the drop-down menu.
- Then select ‘Manage Reservations’ from the drop-down menu.
- You provoked a new page, which offers you a variety of possibilities. Select ‘Icelandair Cancel Reservation’ from the drop-down menu.
- will appear, asking for a confirmation number, first name, and last name. Then click on the ‘Continue’ option.
- You must use the original name and the exact confirmation number to fill three boxes.
Note: Examine the details of your Icelandair journey. You must cancel the entire trip if you booked a round trip, and it is not possible to withdraw only a portion of the travel. Unfortunately, if you booked a one-way flight, this will not be an issue.
- Visit ‘Travel Funds’ to check the status of your refund.
- You can check the box next to ‘Request a refund’ if your ticket is refundable.
- The ‘Cancel My Reservation?’ option can be found at the bottom of the Icelandair cancellation web page.
- To cancel your Icelandair ticket reservation, click the ‘Yes, Cancel’ option.
Benefits of Icelandair Cancellation Protection plan
According to Icelandair cancellation policy, passengers:
- Can expect the refund even if they have missed that 24 hours free cancellation period.
- Don’t have to pay cancellation fees for Icelandair canceled flights due to the death of a relative.
- Get free protection plan for their infants traveling with them.
What a ticket buyer needs to do is that:
- Visit https://www.icelandair.com, the official website of the airline
- Buy the plan at the time of reservation itself. (You can not add the plan after the tickets have been reserved.)
The compensation plan has the following limitations:
- This plan does not apply to travelers who purchased tickets through a third party.
- The Icelandair Cancellation Protection package does not cover the car rental, hotel fees, and other personal expenses.
Icelandair Cancellation Fees
Following are the factors on which ticket cancellation fees depend:
- the time of cancellation,
- passenger routes and many more.
Passengers who purchase Economy Lite tickets must pay a cancellation fee of 70% of the ticket price. The passenger who paid 27 USD for the protection plan does not have to pay cancellation fees.
Icelandair cancellation FAQs
What happens if you cancel a non-refundable Icelandair flight?
You will be charged between $200 and $500 to cancel an Icelandair non-refundable ticket, depending on the length of the flight, location, and kind of pricing. The balance of your cost will be handed to you as an e-Credit that you can use on an Icelandair flight in the future.
Is canceling Icelandair flight tickets online beneficial?
When you cancel a ticket online, you will gain two advantages:
You save time and effort by avoiding long lines.
Keeping service fees to a minimum.
Is it possible to get a refund if I have to cancel my flight?
If you cancel your ticket within 24 hours: There is no cancellation fee.
If a ticket is canceled after it has been purchased for more than 24 hours: There is a cancellation fee.
Canceling a ticket that includes a protection plan: The reimbursement will be given to the passenger without any deductions.
What should I do if I am offered a replacement flight but don’t want to avail it?
The airline will offer you a spot on the next flight, but if you are unhappy with the outcome, you can file a compensation claim and reschedule your trip at no cost. “The flight must be from the same source city to the same destination city” is the only stipulation.
See Also- Lufthansa Cancellation Policy