Bahamasair Airlines Reservations
Bahamasair Holdings Limited is the national flag carrier based in the Bahamas and headquartered in Nassau. Travelers can make Bahamasair reservations and get access to promotional deals and discounted ticket fares on the official site. Moreover, the airline operates scheduled flights within 32 domestic and regional routes in the Caribbean, and the U.S. Bahamasair fleet features ATR 42-600, ATR 72-600, Boeing 737-500, and Boeing 737-700. Most importantly, the airline has been awarded as the “Airline of the Year” at the Cacique Awards in 2017.
Destinations and Hubs of Bahamasair
Bahamasair operates flights to around 32 destinations from the major hub at Lynden Pindling International Airport. Moreover, the flag carrier features headquarters, including Nassau and the Bahamas.
Here are the following destinations of the Bahamasair
- Arthur’s Town
- Cat Island
- Crooked Island
- Governor’s Harbor
- Deadman’s Cay
- Rock Sound
- Marsh’s Harbor
- San Salvador
- Long Island
- Fort Lauderdale
- The Turks and Caicos
- West Palm Beach
In-flight Services of Bahamasair
On making a Bahamasair booking, flyers can expect impeccable in-flight facilities onboard the plane. Moreover, the airline operates only one class of service, providing tea and coffee during the flight depending on the destination. The seats are pretty comfortable and have plenty of legroom for stretching legs. Additionally, travel with pets for an additional fee and minors between 5 to 14 years on a few selected flights. Besides, elite members can enjoy priority boarding and check-in facilities at the airport.
How to Make Bahamasair Reservations Online via the Site?
Online flight booking can save your time and effort and allow you to explore more options, including fares and destinations. If you wish to avail the airline’s services, follow the below steps to make Bahamasair reservations.
- First of all, move to the airline’s official site and search for the “Book Flights” tab.
- Choose your trip type from Round, One-way, and Round trips.
- Enter your arrival and departure details.
- Mention the number of passengers, trip date, and destination.
- After that, click on the “Search Flights” option and find out the flight that best suits your interests.
- Now choose the payment method. Confirm your tickets by making a final payment.
- Finally, download and print your e-tickets and keep them safe.
- The airline will send a confirmation mail to your registered email address.
Besides online flight booking, you can choose to purchase tickets over the phone call. Dial Bahamasair reservations phone number and talk to the live person to seek assistance while booking a trip.
Flight Check-in Policy of Bahamasair
Bahamasair provides various methods to do flight check-in at least 24 hours before the scheduled flight departure. Moreover, the options include web check-in, airport counter, mobile app, and self-service kiosk center.
Here are the following things that you must know about the airline’s check-in policy
- Online check-in facility is not available for passengers with special needs.
- In addition, infants and unaccompanied minors cannot Check-in online.
- Moreover, reach the airport at least 45 minutes and 60 minutes before departure for domestic and international flights.
- While check-in, one can select the seats in advance and get the boarding pass of the upcoming flight.
- You can dial the Bahamasair customer service number and receive help from the team in the check-in process.
How to Check-in Online for a Bahamasair Flight?
If you have made a Bahamasair booking and wish to Check-in online, follow the below steps.
- To Check-in online, head to the check-in section on the official site.
- Next, fill in the trip details, including your last name and flight number.
- Now you need to choose preferred seats and confirm the check-in process.
- Check your flight boarding pass and print it to show at the airport check-in gate in the final step.
Cancellation Policy of Bahamasair
Bahamasair provides refundable and non-refundable tickets for purchase. However, you can claim full refunds on canceling refundable fares within 24 hours of the actual booking. The airline has a dedicated cancellation policy; get to know about the same for a seamless experience.
- As per the cancellation policy, flyers can obtain full refunds for canceling Bahamasair reservations for free.
- However, you must send the cancellation requests within 24 hours of the point of purchase.
- You have to pay an additional fee between $100 to $500 for the flight cancellations after the grace period.
- In addition, cancellation charges may differ for domestic and international destinations.
- Suppose your scheduled flight is delayed or canceled by the airline. You can claim compensation.
- Moreover, if you don’t show up on the departure day, the airline imposes a non-refundable fee of 250 USD.
- Remember that if you have booked tickets through a third party or a travel agent, contact them personally when required.
How to Cancel Bahamasair Reservations?
Using the “Manage Booking” feature on the official site, anyone can cancel a Bahamasair booking within a few clicks. All you have to do is follow the below steps and apply for online flight cancellations.
- To begin the cancellation process, head to the airline’s official site.
- Now click on the “Manage My Booking” tab.
- You have to fill in your last name and ticket reference code.
- Your itinerary details will appear on the screen.
- Now choose the flight you want to cancel.
- Afterward, hit the “Cancel Flights” button.
- Once you cancel the tickets, go to the payment page and pay the cancellation charges if asked to pay.
In case you are unable to cancel tickets online, don’t worry and reach out to the flight representative. Dial the Bahamasair contact number and seek help on canceling tickets before departure.
Baggage Policy of Bahamasair Airlines
Bahamasair permits passengers to fly with one personal item and a carry-on bag on all domestic and international flights. Moreover, one has to meet the size and weight limit to avoid the extra baggage fees.
Carry-on Bag Limits
- A carry-on bag’s size and weight limit are 22 x 14 x 9 inches and 20 lbs.
- Personal items that are allowed include a handbag, laptop case, briefcase, and any such things.
Checked Baggage Limit
- Flyers can carry two standard bags and ten other bags, up to four bags on connecting flights.
- The maximum weight of the first checked bag should be 70 pounds.
- Moreover, the size of the checked bag includes handles and wheels, and it should not exceed 62 inches.
- When flying with more than one checked bag, pay $35 and $75 for the second and third bag.
- However, if your bags exceed 100 pounds, the team will not accept the luggage even after paying additional fees.
- Any bag weighing more than 50 lbs will be considered as overweighted or oversized bag.
Sports Equipment Guidelines
- Bahamasair allows flyers to travel with sports equipment like bicycles at an additional fee of $125.
- Moreover, carry a surfboard as checked baggage, but they have to pack the surfboards in a hard case.
- The policy also covers archery equipment, bowling balls, camping tools, fishing gear, golf clubs, scuba gear, skateboard, and tennis rackets.
Bahamasair Frequent Flyer Program
Members earn miles on every trip by signing to the Bahamasair frequent flyer program rather than on a particular segment. Non-members need 250 miles to join the loyalty program and redeem miles for extra perks.
Different Tiers of the Mileage Structure
The loyalty program has four levels: Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum. Moreover, after earning 10,000 miles, one can attain a membership under the program.
- Bronze Tier – 5000-10,000 miles
- Silver Level – 10,001-15,000 miles
- Gold Level – 15,001-20,000 points
- Platinum Tier – 20,001 and over
Exclusive Benefits of the Frequent Flyer Program
- Bronze members can get access to the priority check-in line. While, if you are a Silver member, earn up to 2500 miles for five flights in a month.
- In addition, pre-boarding is available for Gold and Platinum members.
- There are no change fees for Gold and Platinum members.
- Under the Platinum status, you can transfer points at no additional cost.
- The first bag during the non-peak season is free for Gold members.
- If you have a Platinum status level, earn 7500 miles for up to five flights in one month.
Customers can dial the Bahamasair phone number to acquire the frequent flyer service and request priority check-in and other facilities.
How Much Reimbursement does Bahamasair Give for Lost or Damaged Baggage?
If you have made a Bahamasair booking and your baggage is lost or damaged, the airline will provide compensation. Moreover, the refund will be up to $453.50 per baggage, given after completing the verification process. However, one cannot claim anything for normal wear and tear on checked baggage. Certain things like cameras, jewelry, and cash are excluded from liability for lost or broken checked luggage.
How do I Contact a Flight Representative in Bahamasair?
Flyers can contact the airlines’ customer care team by availing 24/7 services and talking to the live person. Besides, head to the official site, select the ‘Contact Us’ section and choose the best contact option. For instance, dial Bahamasair reservations phone number 1-242-702-4140 to seek hand-to-hand assistance while booking tickets. However, when facing baggage-related issues, call on 1-242-377-8451 and 1-242-702-0034 for group travel-related queries. You can reach out to the flight representative through live chat and email, apart from a phone call.
How much Time does Bahamasair take to Initiate a Refund?
As per the refund policy, flyers can claim full refunds on canceling tickets within 24 hours of the initial purchase. However, the airline deducts the cancellation fees and service taxes after the grace period. Afterward, the team members return the remaining amount as flight credit, which one can use for booking future trips. Generally, it takes 10-20 days to process refunds to the original payment mode.
Does Bahamasair Charge Seat Charges?
Passengers can choose desired seats while making Bahamasair reservations or during flight check-in at an additional cost. However, the seat selection fees depend on various factors, including destination, travel class, and ticket type. But if you don’t choose seats in advance, the airline will randomly assign the seats on the plane. Moreover, there are no extra charges for standard seat selection, but the assignment depends on the seat’s availability.