What is Delta Airlines UMNR Policy?
- 1 What is Delta Airlines UMNR Policy?
- 1.1 Rules and Regulations on the Delta Airlines Unaccompanied Minors Travel
- 1.2 Check-in Documents for Delta Unaccompanied Minor Travel
- 1.3 How much are the Charges for the Delta Unaccompanied Minors Travel?
- 1.4 How to Book Flights Under Delta Airline Unaccompanied Minor Travel?
- 1.4.1 Guidelines on Flight Boarding and Takeoff for Delta Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Travel
- 1.4.2 Are There any Restrictions on Picking up the Kid on Delta Airlines?
- 1.4.3 Delta Airlines UMNR FAQs
- 1.4.4 Can a 10-year-old fly alone on Delta Airlines?
- 1.4.5 What ID does Delta require for minors?
Are you aware of the special service of Delta Airlines unaccompanied minor travel? If not, don’t worry and learn everything about the minor travel requirements, fees, and other restrictions.
Delta Airlines is a low-fare airline, allowing children to fly alone or accompanied by an adult. However, there are certain age restrictions on minor travel, especially when flying alone. Moreover, one can seek instant assistance from the flight executive when booking flights for kids.
Rules and Regulations on the Delta Airlines Unaccompanied Minors Travel
Before you plan a minor trip, you must know the rules and regulations on Delta Airlines unaccompanied minor travel.
- Children under the age of 4 or younger cannot travel alone but with an adult/local guardian of 18 years.
- Moreover, kids of 5 to 7 years may fly on some non-stop and connecting flights.
- Kids under the age group of 8 to 14 years may fly on nonstop and connecting flights. Additionally, they can fly as a standard passenger by providing a valid photo ID card to the security personnel.
- The Delta Airline unaccompanied minor service is optional for kids under the age group of 15 to 17.
- One must book the unaccompanied minor service on an adult fare.
- The service is applicable on domestic and international itineraries.
- Minors can only connect to other Delta, Delta Connection, KLM, and Air France flights.
- Most importantly, kids cannot board the last connecting flight of the day.
- Unaccompanied minor travel is not applicable on Red Eye flights between 9:00 pm, and 5:00 am.
Check-in Documents for Delta Unaccompanied Minor Travel
You have to reach out to the airline’s airport customer service agent to know about the drop-off and pick-up requirements. They will give you a wristband to wear in-flight and make arrangements for boarding documents and ID for your kid.
Here are the following check-in documents you need to show at the airport.
- Photo ID card issued by the government
- The address must be the exact same as on the ID
- Contact number
- Name, address, and contact details of the adult taking the unaccompanied minor to the final destination
How much are the Charges for the Delta Unaccompanied Minors Travel?
If you have booked the minor service, pay a Delta Airlines unaccompanied minor fee of USD 150/CAD/EUR. The fee also applies for flights operating within the US and International on both nonstop and connecting flights. Moreover, the price is applicable each way when departing Canada or Europe.
- The unaccompanied minor fee of $150 is mandatory for kids under the age group of 5 to 14.
- However, if you are between 15 and 17 years, your parents can choose to register in the minor program.
- The fee covers up to four children from the same family, including siblings flying together on the same flight.
- In addition, you can pay the minor fare for one-way or round trips in advance or during flight check-in.
How to Book Flights Under Delta Airline Unaccompanied Minor Travel?
You can book flights under Delta Airlines unaccompanied minor travel online or by phone call. If you book tickets online, you still have to inform the representative about making a booking for your kid. After that, provide details like your child’s name, trip date, and flight number to the concerned person. Share the name, address, and contact number of the parent dropping off and picking up the kid at the airport. The team will provide you with a four-digit PIN required to make any itinerary changes at the time of reservation.
- When you book flights for minors on an adult fare, you have to share the four-digit PIN configuration number. You can contact the executive by dropping a call at 800-325-8847 and seel assistance in booking a minor reservation.
- Moreover, make sure that you have all the necessary documents and that your travel is permitted.
Guidelines on Flight Boarding and Takeoff for Delta Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Travel
As per the Delta UMNR policy, a parent or a local guardian can accompany the kid to the departure gate. Moreover, they have to remain there until the flight takes off the ground. If the minor is boarding a connecting flight, the team will assist the child and ensure them a safe and comfortable journey.
- The airline will recommend that kids should be seated in the rear of the aircraft close to a flight attendant.
- If you have any queries, connect with a flight representative at 800-325-8847. Moreover, the helpline number is applicable within the U.S, Canada, Guam, Puerto Rico, and U.S Virgin Islands.
Are There any Restrictions on Picking up the Kid on Delta Airlines?
Yes, parents/guardians who have to pick up the kid from the airport have to keep certain things in mind.
- Parents have to submit a valid ID with a signature for meeting the kid at the airport.
- Delta Airlines will not release the kid to anyone other than the person named for the pick-up.
- A parent should report to the destination airport at least two hours before departure to obtain a gate pass.
- If the pickup person at the destination changes, a parent or a local guardian should call on 800-325-8847.
- Suppose someone other than the person mentioned at check-in is at the destination to pick up the kid upon arrival. An executive will connect with the accompanying adult for the identification verification of the pickup person at the destination.
- In addition, the pickup person must get a gate pass to take the minor to the airport gate.
- Also, the accompanying kid must be available at the gate until the flight is ready to take off.
Delta Airlines UMNR FAQs
See More Delta Airlines Posts:
- Delta Airlines Book a Flight
- Delta Airlines Cancellation Policy
- How Do I Talk to a Live Person at Delta Airlines?
- Delta Airlines En Espanol
- Delta Airlines Vacations Deals
- Phone Wait Times on Delta
- How to Hold a Flight on Delta?
- Is Delta Airlines Still Blocking Middle Seats?
- How do I Text to Delta Airlines?
- Delta Airlines Flight Change
- Multi City Flights on Delta