What is Delta Airlines UMNR Policy?
Are you aware of the special service of Delta Airlines unaccompanied minor travel? If not, don’t worry and learn everything about the minor travel requirements, fees, and other restrictions.
Delta Airlines is a low-fare airline, allowing children to fly alone or accompanied by an adult. However, there are certain age restrictions on minor travel, especially when flying alone. Moreover, one can seek instant assistance from the flight executive when booking flights for kids.
Rules and Regulations on the Delta Airlines Unaccompanied Minors Travel
Before you plan a minor trip, you must know the rules and regulations on Delta Airlines unaccompanied minor travel.
- Children under the age of 4 or younger cannot travel alone but with an adult/local guardian of 18 years.
- Moreover, kids of 5 to 7 years may fly on some non-stop and connecting flights.
- Kids under the age group of 8 to 14 years may fly on nonstop and connecting flights. Additionally, they can fly as a standard passenger by providing a valid photo ID card to the security personnel.
- The Delta Airline unaccompanied minor service is optional for kids under the age group of 15 to 17.
- One must book the unaccompanied minor service on an adult fare.
- The service is applicable on domestic and international itineraries.
- Minors can only connect to other Delta, Delta Connection, KLM, and Air France flights.
- Most importantly, kids cannot board the last connecting flight of the day.
- Unaccompanied minor travel is not applicable on Red Eye flights between 9:00 pm, and 5:00 am.
Check-in Documents for Delta Unaccompanied Minor Travel
You have to reach out to the airline’s airport customer service agent to know about the drop-off and pick-up requirements. They will give you a wristband to wear in-flight and make arrangements for boarding documents and ID for your kid.
Here are the following check-in documents you need to show at the airport.
- Photo ID card issued by the government
- The address must be the exact same as on the ID
- Contact number
- Name, address, and contact details of the adult taking the unaccompanied minor to the final destination
How much are the Charges for the Delta Unaccompanied Minors Travel?
If you have booked the minor service, pay a Delta Airlines unaccompanied minor fee of USD 150/CAD/EUR. The fee also applies for flights operating within the US and International on both nonstop and connecting flights. Moreover, the price is applicable each way when departing Canada or Europe.
- The unaccompanied minor fee of $150 is mandatory for kids under the age group of 5 to 14.
- However, if you are between 15 and 17 years, your parents can choose to register in the minor program.
- The fee covers up to four children from the same family, including siblings flying together on the same flight.
- In addition, you can pay the minor fare for one-way or round trips in advance or during flight check-in.
How to Book Flights Under Delta Airline Unaccompanied Minor Travel?
You can book flights under Delta Airlines unaccompanied minor travel online or by phone call. If you book tickets online, you still have to inform the representative about making a booking for your kid. After that, provide details like your child’s name, trip date, and flight number to the concerned person. Share the name, address, and contact number of the parent dropping off and picking up the kid at the airport. The team will provide you with a four-digit PIN required to make any itinerary changes at the time of reservation.
- When you book flights for minors on an adult fare, you have to share the four-digit PIN configuration number. You can contact the executive by dropping a call at 800-325-8847 and seel assistance in booking a minor reservation.
- Moreover, make sure that you have all the necessary documents and that your travel is permitted.
Guidelines on Flight Boarding and Takeoff for Delta Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Travel
As per the Delta UMNR policy, a parent or a local guardian can accompany the kid to the departure gate. Moreover, they have to remain there until the flight takes off the ground. If the minor is boarding a connecting flight, the team will assist the child and ensure them a safe and comfortable journey.
- The airline will recommend that kids should be seated in the rear of the aircraft close to a flight attendant.
- If you have any queries, connect with a flight representative at 800-325-8847. Moreover, the helpline number is applicable within the U.S, Canada, Guam, Puerto Rico, and U.S Virgin Islands.
Are There any Restrictions on Picking up the Kid on Delta Airlines?
Yes, parents/guardians who have to pick up the kid from the airport have to keep certain things in mind.
- Parents have to submit a valid ID with a signature for meeting the kid at the airport.
- Delta Airlines will not release the kid to anyone other than the person named for the pick-up.
- A parent should report to the destination airport at least two hours before departure to obtain a gate pass.
- If the pickup person at the destination changes, a parent or a local guardian should call on 800-325-8847.
- Suppose someone other than the person mentioned at check-in is at the destination to pick up the kid upon arrival. An executive will connect with the accompanying adult for the identification verification of the pickup person at the destination.
- In addition, the pickup person must get a gate pass to take the minor to the airport gate.
- Also, the accompanying kid must be available at the gate until the flight is ready to take off.
Are minors allowed to board International flights on Delta Airlines?
Under the unaccompanied minor policy, flyers can travel on international flights, which were resumed on April 1, 2021. Although some strict rules and regulations exist on minor travel, one can have a safe flight with Delta.
You can contact the airline’s reservation team at 800-325-8847 to get more updates on minor international travel and make reservations. Furthermore, the team member will ask you to share all the details and confirm a flight ticket for a child.
Can my child fly to/from Canada on Delta Airlines?
Delta lets minors of 14 years travel from/to Canada by having a confirmed seat next to the parent or guardian. Moreover, the crew members will ensure to make your seats together or nearby, depending on your age group.
- Minors under the age group of five will get adjacent seating.
- If your child is between the ages of 5-11, the airline will arrange seats with no more than one separate seat.
- Moreover, children 12 or 13 will get no more than one row of individual seats.
How can you add infant-in-arms to your Delta Flight Ticket?
While you are traveling with a child of two years, you can request the team to take the child on your lap. Moreover, if the team approves your request, no charges for the child will apply within the United States.
If you want to add an infant-in-arms to your Delta flight booking online, follow the steps below.
- First, browse the Delta official site on your web browser.
- Second, visit the “My Trips” section.
- Now, you will see the “Special Service Requests” section and choose the “Open” under the infant-in-arms button.
- Hit the (+) button available next to the “Request Infant in Arms” for the current flight.
- Finally, mention your flight details and hit the “Confirm” button.
What is offered by Delta Airlines to minors Flying alone?
Delta Airlines claims to give minors high-quality services and complete safety and comfort. Whether they are flying alone or with an accompanying adult passenger, they will have the best travel experience.
- The airline will charge $150 each way for four kids of 5 to 14 years with a special escort service.
- Moreover, they will access special facilities to enjoy a peaceful and comfortable journey.
- The team will give minors a special barcoded wristband to keep track of their journey.
- In addition, parents or an adult passenger can drop the child at the boarding gate after the security verification.
- Kids can access Delta Sky Zone at some of the selected airports, a specified lounge with video games. Also, they will get complimentary snacks and a safe area to relax between flights.
What is a Delta Sky Zone?
Delta has special clubs for children, also famous as Sky Zone, featuring free services for the child’s comfort and safety.
Suppose your child has a connecting flight operating through Cincinnati, Detroit, Atlanta, Los Angeles, New York, and Salt Lake City. In that case, children flying alone can wait for connections and use a free phone call service to call their parents or guardians. Furthermore, a Delta representative will be there to assist the minor in the Sky Zone.
Contact the Delta team to book the unaccompanied minor service
Passengers can contact a Delta flight representative to book minor flights. Moreover, there are two options to make reservations. You can either fill out an online form or connect with the team over a phone call.
You can call on 800-325-8847 to book flight tickets under the minor travel with or without an adult passenger. Furthermore, the executive will be there to help you completely and meet your requirements.
Delta Airlines UMNR FAQs
See More Delta Airlines Posts:
- Delta Airlines Book a Flight
- Delta Airlines Cancellation Policy
- How Do I Talk to a Live Person at Delta Airlines?
- Delta Airlines En Espanol
- Delta Airlines Vacations Deals
- Phone Wait Times on Delta
- How to Hold a Flight on Delta?
- Is Delta Airlines Still Blocking Middle Seats?
- How do I Text to Delta Airlines?
- Delta Airlines Flight Change
- Multi City Flights on Delta