What is Lufthansa Flight Change Policy?
Are you in a situation where you have to change an entire flight or modify your itinerary? The Lufthansa Change Flight policy allows you to easily modify a part of your booking. The airline is known for offering a flexible rescheduling policy to passengers with different travel classes.
However, the Lufthansa flight change policy of 2023 has revoked the goodwill gesture of not charging the change rebooking fee. Hence, as of now, you might pay a fee to modify your booking as per your fare category rules.
Learn more about the process and fee to change a flight at Lufthansa.
Lufthansa Ticket Change Policy
Passengers can change their flight with Lufthansa airlines or rebook them later within some rules. The airline offers you to modify flights without a fee when it has caused a delay. Read below to find out:
When Lufthansa cancels your flight within 2 days of departure
- The airline will rebook Lufthansa past flights to the same destination and class for free.
- If not, passengers can select alternative flights under restricted conditions.
- When Lufthansa arranges an alternative flight that doesn’t suit you, you can change it for free.
- However, the passenger must change the Lufthansa flight reservation within the ticket’s validity.
- The airline will arrange overnight accommodation or pay a share if same-day alternatives are unavailable.
Lufthansa Flight Cancellation More Than 3 Days before Departure
- The airline will proactively book alternative flights automatically for free.
- If not, it will inform the passengers in advance and ask them to contact reservations.
- However, passengers must rebook tickets within validity as per Lufthansa change flight policy.
Voluntary Flight Changes by the Passenger
- The airline allows travelers to change flights on almost all fare categories.
- However, an additional fare difference is applicable.
- Also, the passengers must change their flight before the date of travel.
- Besides, you may also have to pay Lufthansa change flight fee as per fare rules.
Do you want to find out your Lufthansa change flight status? Contact a customer service agent at 1 (800) 645-3880 to check eligibility and charges.
How to Change Lufthansa Flight Online?
To change Lufthansa flights online, you can use the official website, mobile app, or the live chat option from the website. Following is a step-by-step method to guide you through the process.
Method 1: Use the Website
- Check out the airline’s official site: lufthansa.com.
- Further, enter your first name, last name, and booking ID.
- Otherwise, log in through Travel ID or itinerary details.
- Next, review your reservation details.
- After that, follow the rest of the instructions.
- Finally, you need to pay the Lufthansa flight change fee.
After you’ve paid for the service, you will get a new e-ticket with the requested changes. You may also have to pay the fare difference.
Method 2: Via Lufthansa Customer Service
- Dial Lufthansa’s phone number 1 (800) 645-3880.
- Further, IVR will start an automated response.
- Press the key to repeat instructions if necessary.
- However, keep multiple travel dates for cheaper flights and less fare difference.
- Press the key that connects you with an agent.
- Finally, place the change request with all the modifications.
Lastly, you must pay the fare difference and additional service charges per fare conditions. You will get a confirmation email soon with new changes to your itinerary.
How Much Does Lufthansa Charge To Change A Flight?
Lufthansa flight change policy charges a fee to modify a booking as per the service class and type of fare. Charges to change a standard fare start at $350, while it will be lower for a Flexi fare, at $200.
On an international flight by Lufthansa, passengers can modify their flight as they wish. However, passengers must pay an extra change fee of $250 to $1000 for such changes.
Change Flight Lufthansa Same-Day Policy
Passengers with Lufthansa Airlines reservations enjoy the same-day flight change service under some conditions. Read below to find out:
- Passengers can modify their flight’s itinerary on the same-day atleast one hour before departure.
- Also, you can’t make same-day changes after checking in for the flight.
- Besides, the fare difference is also applicable.
- Furthermore, the facility is only available for short-haul reservations.
- Lastly, in accordance with Lufthansa’s change flight rules, you must keep the same airports and cities while modifying flights.
Dial the customer service number1 (800) 645-3880 to talk to a person at Lufthansa and find out availability and your eligibility for same-day flight changes.
Lufthansa Airlines FAQs
See More Lufthansa Airlines Posts:
- Lufthansa Booking
- Lufthansa Cancellation Policy
- ¿Cómo Contactar A Lufthansa Desde México?
- Lufthansa Airlines Teléfono
- What Is Lufthansa Refund Policy?
- Lufthansa Seat Selection
- Lufthansa Group Travel
- What is the Lufthansa Rebooking Policy?
- What Happens If I Miss My Connecting Flight Lufthansa?
- Lufthansa Seat Upgrade