What to Do on Missing Flights with Southwest Airlines?
Have you missed your Southwest Airlines flight because you slept through the alarm or failed to overcome the traffic? Well, whatever might have been the reason, there is a solution for the southwest missed flights. However, the airline has certain guidelines for missed flights.
It is very considerate from the end of Southwest airlines that they allow customers to book their flights even on missing the scheduled one. Southwest Airlines is one of the major air carriers in the United States, taking care of all the inevitable situations that might cause hurdles in the passengers’ way of having a comfortable journey.
So, if you have missed your flight, stay tuned till the end of this blog to learn about all the possible circumstances and their solutions.
What is Southwest Airlines Missed Flight Policy?
Passengers who have missed a flight southwest can catch up to a consecutive flight flying to the same destinations. Below given are a few remedies that will help you when you miss onboarding a Southwest airlines flight:
- Make sure that you inform Southwest Airlines that you are going to be late for your flight. With this, you will not fall in the no-show category where the passengers lose the eligibility of getting a seat on the next flight for free.
- However, if you forget to give information about your late arrival at the airport, you will have to pay the no-show fee.
- If you wish Southwest airlines to reschedule your booking, then you need to provide a valid reason for the same.
- However, the airline does not promise that you will definitely get a seat on the next consecutive flight. This solely depends on the conditions
Therefore, now that you know what you can do when you miss your flight with Southwest airlines let us move on to the process of rebooking the flight.
How do I Reebok a Flight on Missing one with Southwest?
So, by now, you know what happens if you miss your flight southwest. Southwest Airlines’ customer service team is always ready to help their customers in their time of need. So, you can get in touch with the live representative at Southwest Airlines. For this, follow the underlying steps:
- Dial the Southwest Airlines customer service phone number, 1 (800) 435-9792, if you have to rebook your flight on miss the original Southwest flight.
- Then, you will connect with the IVR system that will assist you in choosing the rig key to carry on with the flight rebooking process.
- Now, press the number and get in touch with the live person at Southwest airlines.
- The moment you are connected, you can share all your concerns with the airline person.
After that, he will perform the necessary steps. So, using the above-mentioned step-by-step process, you can rebook your flight with Southwest Airlines if you have missed the first one.
When can I rebook my Southwest Airlines on Missing it?
Well, as per the southwest missed flight policy, there are basically three circumstances under which you can rebook your flight. Here are they:
- Prior information to Southwest Airlines: Yes, the airlines listen to the concern of the customer, but they need prior confirmation so that they can arrange your seat on the next flight departing to the same destination.
- Medical Concern: If you present a genuine medical report on your facing a medical issue, you will be eligible to change your flight to the next one.
- Natural Calamity: Also, in case of some natural calamity or emergency that has caused you to miss your flight, then you can rebook your flight.
Therefore, in the above-mentioned situations, you can book your flight again on the same day you missed the original flight. However, you must note that you might have to pay some extra charges for rebooking the flight.
Southwest Airlines FAQs
See More Southwest Airlines Posts:
- Southwest Airlines En Español Teléfono
- Southwest Airlines Cancellation Policy
- About Southwest Airlines Sale $69
- Southwest Airlines $29 Flights
- Southwest Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy
- Last Minute Southwest Flights
- Southwest Wanna Get Away Refund
- Southwest Airlines Last Minute Deals
- How to Book Southwest Group Travel?
- How Do I Get A Callback From Southwest Airlines?