Have you booked a flight with wanna get away fares and now want to cancel your reservation on Southwest Airlines? If yes, apply for a Southwest wanna get away refund, seek expert assistance from experts, and customize tickets seamlessly.
Southwest Airlines generates a refund in the form of a flight credit after a passenger cancels a flight before departure. Moreover, you can easily and quickly cancel a flight on the airline’s official site or over a phone call.
Once you cancel a flight booked with any fare, the airline will transfer the flight credit to your wallet. Moreover, you can keep track of your credit on the airline’s mobile app within a few clicks at your convenience.
What is the Wanna Get Away Refund Policy?
- Southwest Airlines Wanna Get Away is the low-fare and basic ticket type, and the fare is usually non-refundable.
- You may earn a refund through credit points if you cancel a current flight reservation. Furthermore, you can use the credit value to book flight tickets in the future without paying an additional fee.
- These fares allow you to get two check-in bags for free and earn two points after spending $1.
- In addition, there are no cancellation and change charges on these fares. But you cannot refund directly in the form of cash but travel credit.
Are Southwest Wanna Get Away Refundable?
If you cancel a non-refundable ticket within 24 hours of booking, receive a refund for any fare. Additionally, refunds are also applicable for wanna get away tickets and Wanna Get Away Plus fares.
However, cash refunds are not possible all the time. Instead, the team initiates a refund in the form of a credit, which you can use towards future travel.
If you booked tickets using a Southwest LUV voucher or the airline’s gift card and cancel the booking within the initial 24 hours. Besides, you can also call the team at 1-800-434-9792 or 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-434-9792).
Important things to keep in mind when applying for a refund for Southwest Airlines wanna get away fares
- While you cancel your flight, ensure that not all fares are refundable. For instance, business select fares and Anytime fares are refundable. Comparatively, Wanna Get Away and Wanna Get Away Plus fares are non-refundable and reusable.
- In addition, you can cancel refundable tickets with no restrictions and apply the fares towards booking future flights.
- The refund for such fare types is valid for one year from the date of issue.
- If your tickets are eligible for full refunds, the airline will transfer the refund to the original form of payment.
- The Refunds Department will initiate a refund to the original credit/debit card within seven working days.
- Moreover, you can check the refund on your statement within one to two statement mailings based on your billing cycle.
How Do Get a Refund on Southwest Wanna Get Away?
After canceling wanna get away ticket fares, you must be thinking about how to get a refund on Southwest wanna get away? First, you must note that you will not get a refund but credit points.
Here are the steps that you can follow to acquire a refund after canceling Wanna Get Away fares.
- Firstly, navigate the airline’s official site and log in to your account.
- Secondly, choose the “Manage Booking” tab.
- Next, enter your first and last name and flight ticket reference number.
- Select the flight that you wish to cancel or change, then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Now, once you have canceled your flights booked with wanna get away fares, apply for a refund. It may take a few minutes to request credit points over an email.
- Finally, you can show your credit points to your confirmation number.
Southwest Airlines FAQs
See More Southwest Airlines Posts:
- Southwest Airlines Booking
- Southwest Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy
- Best Time to Buy Tickets from Southwest Airlines
- Southwest Airlines $29 Flights
- Southwest Airlines Sale $69
- Last Minute Southwest Flights Deals
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Credit Card
- Southwest Airlines Low Fare Calendar
- Find Southwest Cheap Flight deals
- Southwest Airlines Wanna Get Away Fares
- Southwest Airlines Vacations Deals
- Last Minute Southwest Airlines Deals
- How to Request a Callback on Southwest Airlines?
- Multi-City Flights on Southwest Airlines
- Southwest Reschedule Flight
- Southwest Flight Delay Compensation
- Group Travel with Southwest Airlines