United Airlines Minors Flying Alone
Are you thinking about what are the services for the children traveling alone with United Airlines? Well, to provide a comfortable and safest journey to young flyers, United Airlines has introduced special features. It makes sure that the United airlines unaccompanied minor journey is smooth.
United Airlines has always been responsible for the security and ease of the customers. And when it comes to the unaccompanied minor service, the airline is even more attentive. With special services for children traveling without any adults, United Airlines is responsible enough to handle the young travelers on board.
So, if you have worried till now about how to send your child on a flight journey all alone, you can trust United Airlines and its crew. In this blog, you will learn all about the unaccompanied journey for minors with United Airlines.
What is United Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy?
Sending your child all alone on the flight requires a lot of courage and trust. By following united airline’s unaccompanied minors policy, the airline won the trust of the concerned parents sending their little ones on United Airlines flights:
- Firstly, as per the unaccompanied minor policy of United Airlines, children 5-14 years of age come under the minor category.
- The unaccompanied minor can fly only on nonstop flights with United Experts and United Airlines. The services will not be provided to the codeshare flights on any other airline’s lights.
- If your child is less than 5 years of age, you cannot send your kid alone on the flight, even with another unaccompanied minor.
- If children aging between 15 to 17 want to avail of the unaccompanied minor services, they can. However, it is not compulsory.
- For every two children, the United Airlines charges $150 per way as an unaccompanied minor service.
Therefore, customers looking for an unaccompanied minor service will tell you you need to keep the above-mentioned guidelines in their mind.
Steps to Book United Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Tickets
If you are wondering how to book a United Airlines unaccompanied minor flight, then you can choose between these two processes
Online Booking for United Airlines Unaccompanied Minor
- Go to the official site of the airlines.
- Visit the advanced search option in the flight booking section.
- Now, you must change the category to a minor. For this, you have to change the number 1 into 0 under the ‘Travelers’ option.
- Then, you have to select the number of minors you need to make a booking for. You need to select this on the basis of age range.
- Furthermore, you can follow the on screen instruction to book flight tickets for the unaccompanied minor.
United Airlines Unaccompanied Minors Flight Booking Over the Phone
- Dial the United Airlines flight booking number 1-800-864-8331 if you wish to book flights for your children falling into the category of unaccompanied minors.
- Listen to the on-call automated voice system that will tell you to press the right key to carry on with the unaccompanied minor united airlines process.
- Then, hit on the right digit.
- Once you get in touch with United Airlines, live representative, tell the person that you have to book a
- United Airlines flight for your unaccompanied kid.
- The airline person will perform all the necessary steps.
No matter what method you choose, you need to check your mail inbox to receive the confirmation mail.
Rules for flying with United Airlines Unaccompanied Minors
To qualify for flying under the United Airlines Unaccompanied minor category, the customers need to meet certain guidelines. Here are they:
- To fall into this category, the child has to be somewhere between 5 to 14.
- If you are more than 18 years old or more, you can not avail of this service.
- The customers cannot make seat selection under the Unaccompanied minor flight booking. United Airlines does not allow minors to select the seats on the flights.
- At the time of booking, the customers need to give complete details of the person coming to drop and pick up at the departure and the destination airport, respectively.
So, you need to remember all of these before you head towards booking flights for minors with United Airlines.
What are the Benefits of Unaccompanied Minor Service?
You must be wondering what United airlines do to ensure the safety and security of unaccompanied minors. So, here are the advantages of unaccompanied minors on united airlines:
- When the unaccompanied reaches the airport, the first and foremost step is that he will have a wristband indicating the unaccompanied minor category.
- Your child will get dedicated flight attendants.
- The child is allowed prior to boarding.
- At the destination airport, the United Airlines attendant or the flight makes sure that the child is handed over to the concerned person.
If you wish your child to fly safe with United Airlines, then you must consider the minor service they are offering. Therefore, call on the customer service phone number to get in touch and make the booking as soon as possible.
United Airlines FAQs
See More United Airlines Posts:
- United Airlines Book a Flight
- United Airlines Cancellation Policy
- What is United Airlines Group Travel Policy?
- United Airlines Name Change Policy
- United Airlines En Espanol
- Speak to a Live Person At United Airlines
- United Airlines Vacations Packages
- United Airlines Last Minute Flight Deals
- Red-eye flight on United Airlines
- How To Use United Credit From Cancelled Flight?
- How To Request United Reschedule Flight?
- United Upgrade With Miles
- United Delayed Flight Compensation
- What to do if United Future Flight Credit Not Working?
- United Airlines Refund Request
- United Airlines Purchase Miles
- Can I transfer United Airlines Tickets to Another Person?