How do I Request the United Airlines Transfer Ticket To Another Person?
Are you willing to transfer your tickets to someone else on United Airlines? Do you know whether the airline allows a ticket transfer or not? You can request a United Airlines transfer ticket to another person by meeting the flexible 24-hour policy requirements.
Flyers typically are not applicable for a United Airlines transfer ticket to another person. However, change tickets were booked in the last 24 hours, and the purchase was completed a week or more before departure.
What are Transferable and Non-Transferable Flight Tickets on United Airlines?
You can see the following points about transferable and non-transferable flight tickets.
Transferable Flight Ticket
- A transferable flight ticket allows passengers to switch themselves to another flyer and let them complete the trip.
- Moreover, the new customer can take the flight under the same reservation.
- The cost of these tickets is much higher than a standard refundable ticket and combines the cost of two tickets.
- Therefore, one must make a new flight reservation rather than opting for a transferable ticket to save money.
Non-transferable Flight Ticket
- Regular United tickets are non-transferable flight tickets. Moreover, you cannot transfer it to another passenger in any situation.
- Most airlines, including United Airlines, don’t offer transferable flight tickets.
What is a 24 hours Flexible Flight Booking Policy?
Under the airline’s 24 hours flexible policy, pay the change/cancellation fees to book a ticket with someone else. But receive a full refund within 24 hours of reservations until the purchase was completed a week or more before departure. However, the airline does not allow you to make any changes on a Basic Economy ticket.
Major Highlights of the 24-hour Flexible Booking Policy of United Airlines
- On United, flights booked via e-certificates are not eligible to transfer airline tickets to another person.
- Moreover, if you have reserved tickets combining miles and money, you cannot use the 24-hours flexible booking policy.
- The policy covers flight tickets booked through the ticket office, the official website of united, and phone calls.
- Most importantly, Basic Economy ticket holders are not eligible to make any changes to a flight reservation. Although, they can still claim a refund after canceling flights within the grace period.
Can I Transfer my United Airlines Ticket to Another Person?
United Airlines is popular for its flexible travel-related policies. Additionally, the airline is quite strict with ticket transfers; hence, they do not permit transferring the ticket to someone else. Any ticket you transfer will only increase the risk of having any suspicious passengers board the flight.
Above all, you can only transfer a United Airlines ticket if you have purchased a transferable ticket. These tickets have a higher fare and allow a ticket transfer to another person. Moreover, make sure the transferable ticket is high in price than making a new flight reservation.
When am I Eligible to Transfer a United Flight Ticket to Someone Else?
You must be thinking about whether “Can I transfer a United Airlines ticket to another person.” Well, don’t worry; go through the following points and decide whether or not you are eligible to transfer a ticket.
- Flyers must pay a cancellation fee to cancel the current flight bookings or transfer a ticket to someone else. The airline will reissue a ticket to the same destination.
- Moreover, make flight changes only in advance, like a week before or within 24 hours of initial booking. If you miss changing tickets within the grace period, pay the penalty; otherwise, you won’t be able to make upgrades.
- If you want to change the destination, it will not be included in the ticket transfer. Additionally, you must cancel the entire reservation and purchase a new flight ticket on the United Airlines manage booking page.
Contact United Airlines to Seek Expert Assistance
When considering “Are United Airlines tickets transferable”, passengers can reach out to a customer service executive. To enjoy a smooth interface, dial 1 (800) 864-8331 to receive the best help from experts when canceling/rebooking flights.
You may opt for the email and live chat service to talk to a representative and address a flight concern. Contact the team if you want to cancel your existing flight and make a new flight reservation for someone else.
United Airlines FAQs
See More United Airlines Posts:
- United Airlines Book a Flight
- United Airlines Cancellation Policy
- What is United Airlines Group Travel Policy?
- United Airlines Name Change Policy
- United Airlines En Espanol
- Speak to a Live Person At United Airlines
- United Airlines Vacations Packages
- United Airlines Last Minute Flight Deals
- Red-eye flight on United Airlines
- How To Use United Credit From Cancelled Flight?
- How To Request United Reschedule Flight?
- United Upgrade With Miles
- United Delayed Flight Compensation
- What to do if United Future Flight Credit Not Working?
- United Airlines Refund Request
- United Airlines Purchase Miles