What are Unaccompanied Minors?
- 1 What are Unaccompanied Minors?
- 1.1 Terms and Conditions on a child policy
- 1.2 Check-in Requirements of different unaccompanied minors Airlines
- 1.2.1 How much are the charges on unaccompanied minors Airlines?
- 1.2.2 How to book unaccompanied minor flights?
- 1.2.3 Are there any arrival and pick-up guidelines for unaccompanied minors?
- 1.2.4 Unaccompanied Minors Airlines FAQs
- 1.2.5 Where is the unaccompanied minors airlines policy available?
- 1.2.6 How is the seating of unaccompanied minors on JetBlue Airways?
- 1.2.7 Can minors fly only on connecting flights?
- 1.2.8 What are the best Airlines for unaccompanied minors traveling?
- 1.2.9 Does Delta Sky Zone permit unaccompanied minors on connecting flights?
Unaccompanied minors who are under five years of age have to register kids as minors. So they can fly without an adult or a legal guardian. Consequently, unaccompanied minors services in-plane include additional travel supervision and high-quality in-flight amenities. Typically, a parent or guardian will do the paperwork and obtain the flight boarding pass at the check-in desk. Furthermore, receive a gate pass while escorting the minors through the security gate until the plane is ready to fly.
Terms and Conditions on a child policy
Most airlines permit unaccompanied minors to travel alone and with a companion on certain conditions.
- As per the child policy, one has to meet the destination country’s requirements when traveling on an international flight. Moreover, you need to contact the customer service team or the embassy to make flight reservations and seek assistance.
- Moreover, unaccompanied minors can fly on non-stop flights only and not connecting flights.
- A parent or a legal guardian must escort and check-in for the child. Furthermore, they have to receive them at the destination, and the guardian should be 18 or above years of age.
- Suppose an unaccompanied minor is flying with another passenger. In that case, the passenger of at least 14 years must escort the child between 2 and 13 years. Moreover, they don’t have to avail the unaccompanied minor service.
- In case the minor has a disability or any special requirements, the parent/guardian should inform the airline while booking.
- Unaccompanied minors must check-in at the airport.
- Unaccompanied minors don’t have to require a valid photo ID card. However, the adults who are dropping and picking up the minor have to take a photo ID card that includes their name on it.
- Most airlines do not accept minors on red-eye flights between 9:00 pm, and 5:00 am. But they can fly if it is an international flight. If it is a domestic flight, it should be for two or fewer hours. Moreover, the travel also includes a flight to/from Hawaii and Alaska.
Check-in Requirements of different unaccompanied minors Airlines
If you plan a trip with minors, you have to meet certain rules and regulations. Moreover, each airline will have different requirements for offering services for unaccompanied minors. Once your ticket is booked, you can check in a few hours before departure and customize your trip with comfortable seats.
You need to keep in mind a few things while checking in for an unaccompanied minor journey.
- Based on an unaccompanied minors American Airlines policy, one has to reach at least two hours early before departure.
- Moreover, children flying alone cannot check-in online or at the self-center kiosk at the airport.
- One has to fill out a minor form and bring important Customs and Immigration documents for the travel day. The child should keep the form throughout the journey.
- At check-in, parents or a guardian have to provide a birth certificate or passport to prove the child’s age. Moreover, the documents should have your contact number so that the team can contact you when in need.
- Furthermore, the ticket agent will give you a security pass from the ticket counter at the airport. So that the child can get through the gate.
- The team will provide a wristband for minors to wear on the flight.
- Personnel will prepare the boarding documents and an ID for the child.
- The concerned person will have to check in for the bag, which the minor cannot carry alone on the flight.
- In addition, most airlines do not allow minors to take flights to/from London.
How much are the charges on unaccompanied minors Airlines?
Passengers have to pay an additional fee for booking flight tickets and availing services for unaccompanied minors. However, the unaccompanied minors’ prices may vary with different airlines and may change subject to availability. Moreover, the fees range between $50 and $150, and the charges are non-refundable.
JetBlue Airways charges $150 per person for a one-way flight at the time of making a flight reservation. Once you have received your flight confirmation number, connect with the executive for guidance.
Delta Airlines imposes a fee of USD 150 each way for availing services for unaccompanied minors. Moreover, the fare is applicable on non-stop and connecting flights.
How to book unaccompanied minor flights?
Whether they want to book flights for minors online or over a phone call depends on the flyers. Most US airlines charge a service fee of USD 150 or $150 each way at the time of ticket purchase. Moreover, it requires you to pay an additional fee for availing of the minor’s service. Furthermore, you can fill, print, and download an unaccompanied minor form. Remember you have to keep at least three copies of the form to show to the authority during check-in. Fill out the minor form at the check-in counter but submitting the application at the airport will save your time.
In case you are traveling on an international route, you must meet the following requirements.
- After obtaining the flight confirmation number, you need to call the flight reservation department. Moreover, the team will help and assist when booking flights for minors.
- You need to provide complete details of the person who will drop and pick up the kid. The information should include the name, address, and exact phone number mentioned on the photo ID.
Are there any arrival and pick-up guidelines for unaccompanied minors?
Yes, most airlines have issued certain guidelines on arriving and picking unaccompanied minors. Have a look at a few of them.
- The parent or a legal guardian who will pick up the child will provide the details on the form. Moreover, the paper should include a name, address, and a valid contact number.
- As per the policy, a travel companion should be at least 18 years of age.
- They have to reach the airport at least 30 minutes before the scheduled flight departure.
- Also, parents have to carry an ID card issued by the government from the native country.
- Most importantly, parents have to take care of a child at the airport gate. Moreover, they can also wait for the kids at the arrival gate.
Unaccompanied Minors Airlines FAQs
Other Airlines Related Blogs:
- Southwest Unaccompanied Minor Policy
- Unaccompanied Minors American Airlines
- Hold a Flight on Delta
- American Airlines Travel Agent
- Spirit Missed Flight Policy
- How to Upgrade Seat on JetBlue?
- How do I talk to a live person at British Airway?
- Live Person at Virgin Atlantic Airlines
- Speak to a Live Person at Korean Air
- How to Get in Touch with Air Canada?
- Get in Touch with Royal Air Maroc
- Get in Touch with Air France
- How do I Speak to someone at Fiji Airways?
- How do I talk to Seaborne Airlines Real Person?
- Speak to a Person at Qantas
- How do I Speak to Someone at Sun Country?
- How do I get in Touch with Icelandair?
- Get a Live Person at Spirit Airlines
- How do I get a Refund from Hawaiian Airlines?