Have you made flight reservations on Qatar Airways and wish to apply for upgrades for free? Are you a frequent flyer member of American Airlines and have enough miles to make complimentary upgrades? If yes, you must be thinking, “Can I transfer American Airlines miles to Qatar Airways?”.
Qatar Airways is the airline of Qatar based in the Qatar Airways tower in Doha. Moreover, the airline features hubs at Hamad International Airport and a frequent flyer membership. While flying with the airline, members can earn and redeem miles and enjoy several perks of AAdvantage status.
Transfer American Airlines miles to Qatar Airways
- 1 Transfer American Airlines miles to Qatar Airways
- 1.1 How Can You Redeem aa Miles on Qatar Airways?
- 1.2 How to Book an Award Flight using Miles on Qatar Airways?
- 1.3 Can I Use American Airlines miles to Make Flight Upgrades on Qatar Airways?
Qatar Airways lets passengers transfer American Airlines AAdvantage miles to book an award flight on Qatar aircraft. Moreover, the number of points impacts how and where products are available for purchase.
- You can transfer your reward points from your loyalty membership as a bonus. Furthermore, the airline will add 5000 miles for every 60,000 points for transfer to your account.
- Transfer points to reward miles at a 3:1 ratio to avail of the great perks of the membership.
- In addition, the airline lets you transfer 3000 to 240,000 reward points per day.
How Can You Redeem aa Miles on Qatar Airways?
Passengers can use aa miles to book award travel on Qatar Airways, including with the OneWorld alliance and partner airlines. Moreover, the booking procedure is similar to booking regular flight tickets online or offline.
Now, you must be wondering, “how can you redeem American Airlines miles on Qatar Airways?” There are various ways to redeem miles, and traveling is one of the best ways to earn and use miles.
- You can fly from Chicago to Doha in a premium Qsuite business class by spending up to 70,000 miles each way. Moreover, the travel class will have lie-flat beds, additional doors for complete privacy, etc.
- The miles depend on your route and the reserved cabin you upgrade to/from. Also, the miles needed to make seat upgrades range from 5000 to 25,000, and an additional fee between $0 and $550. Another way to redeem miles is by upgrading seats to more comfortable seats on flights operated by a partner airline.
- American Airlines allows you to redeem miles for merchandise. There are other airfare services besides travel where you can use miles, including car rentals, hotel stays, and holiday packages. Otherwise, renew an Admirals Club membership with miles or buy things like magazines, newspapers, or gift cards during the flight.
- In addition, you can obtain a credit card offer and redeem miles on shopping and dining with different merchandise.
How to Book an Award Flight using Miles on Qatar Airways?
Qatar Airways permits accessibility with the help of British Airways. Moreover, you can call American Airline and talk to a live person to make award flight reservations. There are no extra charges for availing of the phone call service to book flights. It will take around 15 minutes for the overall procedure.
Here are the convenient ways to book flight tickets on Qatar Airways with the American Airlines miles.
- American and Qatar Airways are both associated with the OneWorld alliance. Moreover, you can decide the number of miles on American Airlines to fly with its partner airlines. For instance, visit the airline’s official site and choose your takeoff locale.
- In addition, an airline can easily track an award space to book Qatar Airways award flights to confirm a trip. While on the booking page, choose your preferred trip and ticket type, and hit the “Search Flights” button.
- Share your trip dates and a flight number with the executive when selecting the phone call option. Furthermore, they will check your AAdvantage miles.
- To book flights within the US, fly from Canada to Doha (Middle East) at 40,000-70,000 aa miles.
Can I Use American Airlines miles to Make Flight Upgrades on Qatar Airways?
If you want to upgrade a seat on Qatar Airways using American Airlines miles, the airline will not allow you to do so. However, you may transfer miles at a specific exchange rate and book award flights in the future.
Members can earn miles and redeem them to book several airfare services like booking a flight for free. Moreover, the number of miles varies with a different airline. So, next time you plan to use your reward points on another airline, contact the team and check the requirements.
American Airlines Miles To Qatar Airways FAQs
See More American Airlines Posts:
- American Airlines Book Flight
- American Airlines Español
- Talk To A Person At American Airlines
- American Airlines Cancellation Policy
- American Airlines Student Discount
- British Airways Vs American Airlines
- American Airlines Travel Agent
- American Airlines Vacations
- Services of American Airlines Vacations Travel Agent
- American Airlines Unaccompanied Minors Policy
- American Airlines Last-Minute Deals
- How Do I Get a Callback from American Airlines?
- American Airlines Change Flight Policy
- Multi-City Flights On American Airlines
- American Airlines Reschedule Flight
- American Airlines Group Travel
- Compensation for a Delayed Flight with American Airlines