Are you willing to book a window or aisle seat for your upcoming flight on Air Canada? You can dial 1-800-667-4732 or 1-860-498-9674 and make an Air Canada seat selection of your choice for an additional fee at check-in or during booking.
Air Canada permits passengers to select a window, aisle, or the main cabin seat based on availability. Moreover, the seat selection fee is not included in the ticket fare, and you have to pay an extra fee.
If you don’t reserve seats in advance, the airline will allow you seats randomly for free during the flight. There are certain rules and regulations on choosing a preferred seat which you must know.
Guidelines on the Air Canada Seat Selection
- 1 Guidelines on the Air Canada Seat Selection
- 1.1 How to Choose Seat Online During Check-in on Air Canada?
- 1.2 Does Air Canada Charge for Seat Selections?
- 1.2.1 Basic Seat Selection Fee
- 1.2.2 Standard Seat Selection Fee
- 1.2.3 Business/Premium Economy/Latitude/Comfort/Flex ticket fares
- 1.2.4 Air Canada Seat Selection FAQs
- 1.2.5 How much is seat selection on Air Canada?
- 1.2.6 Can I change my seats on Air Canada before departure?
- 1.2.7 How to book a preferred seat on Air Canada?
- 1.2.8 What are the options for purchasing a preferred seat?
Passengers with Air Canada Reservations can book seats of choice during ticket purchase or check-in. Before confirming seats, there are certain things that one must know.
- As per the seating policy, passengers can make seat reservations while purchasing tickets or during check-in 24 hours before departure.
- One can claim compensation for not getting the booked seats on the flight. Consequently, get access to accommodation or meal options for free on the next flight for not offering your pre-reserved seat.
- Moreover, the seating charges range from $20 to $100 extra fees, which are non-refundable.
- Flyers may dial 1-800-667-4732 or 1-860-498-9674 and speak with a representative to book window or aisle seats at $20 to $100 fees.
- In addition, you can pay $19 for choosing the desired seat with extra legroom.
- Suppose you have booked preferred seats through an agent at the check-in counter or at the gate. In that case, you are not eligible for Zone 3 flight boarding.
How to Choose Seat Online During Check-in on Air Canada?
Air Canada seat selection is available during check-in at least 24 hours before flying at an additional fee. If you want to learn how to choose seats online during check-in on Air Canada, follow the steps below.
- First, open the airline’s official site.
- Second, click on the “Check-in” button.
- Now, fill in your last name and ticket confirmation code.
- You will see the “Seat Selection” button on the next page.
- Go to that option and make a pre-seat reservation from the available seats for your current flight.
- After making a seat confirmation, you will get your boarding pass.
- Finally, move to the payment page and pay for the seats depending on your ticket type, travel class, and destination.
Book and upgrade seats at an Air Canada seats selection fee between $20 and $100, and dial 1-800-667-4732 or 1-860-498-9674 for expert assistance.
Does Air Canada Charge for Seat Selections?
Every passenger must have this question in mind: does Air Canada charge for seats selection? The airline charges extra fees for a seat reservation before departure, depending on the fares and seat types.
Basic Seat Selection Fee
- If you are flying from Canada/Canada to the US, pay between $20 and $100 for basic seats.
- The fee is also the same for flights operating within the Caribbean and Mexico.
- In addition, the basic fare seat selection fee for international flights ranges from $30 to $100.
Standard Seat Selection Fee
- The airline charges a standard seat fee from $10 to $50 for flights within Canada/Canada to the US.
- In addition, if you are flying on selected international routes, you have to pay $20-$50.
- There are no extra charges for all other routes for booking standard seats during the flight. However, it doesn’t guarantee whether you will sit together in the same row or cabin.
Business/Premium Economy/Latitude/Comfort/Flex ticket fares
- Passengers can make a free Air Canada seats selection for booking tickets under Business/Latitude/Comfort/Flex fares/Premium Economy.