Air Canada Seat Selection: How Do I Change My Seat on Air Canada?
Are you willing to book a window or aisle seat for your upcoming flight on Air Canada? You can dial 1-800-667-4732 or 1-860-498-9674 and make an Air Canada seat selection of your choice for an additional fee at check-in or during booking.
Air Canada permits passengers to select a window, aisle, or the main cabin seat based on availability. Moreover, the seat selection fee is not included in the ticket fare, and you have to pay an extra fee.
If you don’t reserve seats in advance, the airline will allow you seats randomly for free during the flight. There are certain rules and regulations on choosing a preferred seat which you must know.
Guidelines on the Air Canada Seat Selection
Passengers with Air Canada Reservations can book seats of choice during ticket purchase or check-in. Before confirming seats, there are certain things that one must know.
- As per the seating policy, passengers can make seat reservations while purchasing tickets or during check-in 24 hours before departure.
- One can claim compensation for not getting the booked seats on the flight. Consequently, get access to accommodation or meal options for free on the next flight for not offering your pre-reserved seat.
- Moreover, the seating charges range from $20 to $100 extra fees, which are non-refundable.
- Flyers may dial 1-800-667-4732 or 1-860-498-9674 and speak with a representative to book window or aisle seats at $20 to $100 fees.
- In addition, you can pay $19 for choosing the desired seat with extra legroom.
- Suppose you have booked preferred seats through an agent at the check-in counter or at the gate. In that case, you are not eligible for Zone 3 flight boarding.
How to Choose Seat Online During Check-in on Air Canada?
Air Canada seat selection is available during check-in at least 24 hours before flying at an additional fee. If you want to learn how to choose seats online during check-in on Air Canada, follow the steps below.
- First, open the airline’s official site.
- Second, click on the “Check-in” button.
- Now, fill in your last name and ticket confirmation code.
- You will see the “Seat Selection” button on the next page.
- Go to that option and make a pre-seat reservation from the available seats for your current flight.
- After making a seat confirmation, you will get your boarding pass.
- Finally, move to the payment page and pay for the seats depending on your ticket type, travel class, and destination.
Book and upgrade seats at an Air Canada seats selection fee between $20 and $100, and dial 1-800-667-4732 or 1-860-498-9674 for expert assistance.
Does Air Canada Charge for Seat Selections?
Every passenger must have this question in mind: does Air Canada charge for seats selection? The airline charges extra fees for a seat reservation before departure, depending on the fares and seat types.
Basic Seat Selection Fee
- If you are flying from Canada/Canada to the US, pay between $20 and $100 for basic seats.
- The fee is also the same for flights operating within the Caribbean and Mexico.
- In addition, the basic fare seat selection fee for international flights ranges from $30 to $100.
Standard Seat Selection Fee
- The airline charges a standard seat fee from $10 to $50 for flights within Canada/Canada to the US.
- In addition, if you are flying on selected international routes, you have to pay $20-$50.
- There are no extra charges for all other routes for booking standard seats during the flight. However, it doesn’t guarantee whether you will sit together in the same row or cabin.
Business/Premium Economy/Latitude/Comfort/Flex ticket fares
- Passengers can make a free Air Canada seats selection for booking tickets under Business/Latitude/Comfort/Flex fares/Premium Economy.
What happens if you don’t pay Air Canada seat selection fee?
Many times we skip the seat selection process while booking flights. If you do not pay the seat selection fee, Air Canada pick seats to automatically assign you for free at the time of check in, which typically opens 24 hours before your flight departure.
However you may not get the seat you want or you may end up in the middle seat. As Air Canada selects seats for passengers who are willing to pay for them. If you are willing to take the risk of not getting your preferred seat, you can opt not to pay the fee and wait for your seat to be assigned to you at check-in.
How to get free seat selection on Air Canada?
Air Canada offers complimentary seat selection to certain passengers based on the fare type, frequent flyer status, and other relevant factors. Here are some tips to get a possible free Air Canada seat selection:
- Choose your seat as you complete your booking (Within 24 hours of your flight).
- Choose a higher fare class; it makes you eligible for complimentary seat selection.
- Be a frequent flyer.
- Check in early at the airport.
- Ask at the check in counter for Air Canada seat selection.
- Check the airport Kiosk; a kiosk allows passengers to print a boarding pass, check-in, check the bags and request seating changes.
Keep in mind that free seat selection is not guaranteed. If the above options don’t work, you will be assigned a seat by Air Canada.
How many seats does Air Canada offer?
Air Canada offers a variety of seats to ease passengers’ journey. Each and every cabin class seat is designed to allow passengers to do both, save their money and have a calming travel journey. Air Canada book seats for:
- Preferred seat
Popular for extra legroom space as it’s located near the exit
- Economy seat
Cost saving seats with limited facilities
- Premium economy
Ask the seat selector Air Canada to shift your seat to premium if you want to enjoy the complimentary benefits including 2 checked bags entry and classy cuisines.
- Business class and Signature class
The costliest cabin class seats which offer 5 star rated deluxe facilities
You can contact the Airlines customer service number if you are willing to select or change the seats to either of these seats.
Why am I being charged for Air Canada seat selection?
The lack of alloted seats is the primary reason, and the facilities that come with the seat selected are the second reason for Air Canada charging for seat selection. If you switch your seats from economy class to premium, you will be charged the same price for premium bookings.
Also, the charges vary from time to time, and if the airline asks for an amount that is more than that of the premium, you can get the details of why they are charging a surging amount. You may have been disobedient towards the Air Canada seat selection policy and hence charged higher.