How To Change A United Flight?
Anyone can face sudden situations that can force them to change their itinerary. In these situations, they can freely change their flight as per United Airlines Change Flight policy. Being the largest airline, it provides its passengers with the best facilities and services during travel.
Further, you need to follow the rules of the change flight policy of United Airlines to change your flight. Here, you will find the things you need to know if you wish to modify your flight easily. So, take a glance at the below sub-topics.
Guidelines Of United Flight Change Policy
The policy of United change flight has some terms & conditions. If you are willing to change your flight, then go through the following essential consideration:
- Passengers are allowed to change all kinds of tickets on United Airlines. However, some conditions may apply.
- In addition, this policy applies to tickets for travel within the U.S. (including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands) and the Caribbean or Mexico.
- Passengers can cancel their Basic economy fare and exchange a flight to get a travel credit as per United Flight change policy.
- On the other hand, passengers should not book a new flight if they are not sure of their travel plans. However, they can choose a travel voucher instead of rescheduling.
- Additionally, travel credit can be used for future bookings and expires one year from the date of issue.
- Besides, you can change your flight multiple times, but you need to pay fare difference charges every time.
- If the new flight ticket’s value is less expensive, you will get a flight credit for the difference when your fare restrictions allow.
United Airlines Flight Change Within 24 Hours
This policy allows passengers to modify all kinds of flight details, such as name, date, destination, origin, etc., for free within a day of booking. Further, you will find the crucial points to consider:
- If passengers change their flight after 24 hours of booking, they have to pay the United Airlines change fee and fare difference to the airline.
- Moreover, all tickets except the Basic economy are subject to this rule.
- Also, the new flight will need to have the same origin and destination and be up to 24 hours after the originally scheduled flight.
How Can I Change My Flight On United?
There are various ways to change flights on United Airlines. If you want to change your flight, you can choose any method as per your choice that is as follow:
Change Flight Via Online Mode
- Firstly, visit the official website and log in to your account.
- Secondly, choose the “My Trip” option at the top.
- Then, enter your last name and confirmation number to access your booking page.
- Now, click on the ‘Change Flight” option.
- After that, click edit and start to make changes in your ticket as per your preference.
- Next, you have to pay a fare difference and change the Fee if it applies.
- Lastly, you must wait for a confirmation email from United Airlines.
Change Flight Via Offline Mode
- If you prefer this method, you need to call the customer service number at (1-800-864-8331) or +1-860-498-9674 to request a flight change on United Airlines.
- Once you dial the number, follow the automated instructions carefully.
- Then, choose the ideal option which relates to your issue.
- After that, wait to reach your live person at United Airlines.
- You can change your flight with representative guidance when you connect with them.
Reschedule Flight Via Visiting The Airport
Passengers can change their flight at the airport even after they have checked in. To change your flight, you must go to the help center 30 minutes before departure. Here, you will find an airline representative and make a request to change your flight to them. Tell them your booking details and your changes. Then, pay the fare difference and other charges if applicable.
United Airlines Flight Change Fee
The airline charges United Airlines change fees to change flights. Moreover, the fee policy is as follows:
- If you change the flight to any fare class, the Fee is $300.
- Besides, the charges for refundable tickets are $200 for domestic and $300 for international flights.
- Similarly, passengers with non-refundable flight tickets must pay $125 for domestic and $150 for international flights.
Can A Change Be Made On The Day Of Travel?
Passengers can change their flight as per United Airlines same-day flight change policy. However, you have to pay the charges for your new ticket. Besides, MileagePlus Premier Members can make free changes if the original ticketed fare class is available on the new flight.
Moreover, you will find basic facts related to the United Airlines flight change policy. If the above information is not helpful to you, dial the United customer service number at +1-860-498-9674 to get instant help.
United Airlines FAQs
See More United Airlines Posts:
- United Airlines Book a Flight
- United Airlines Cancellation Policy
- What is United Airlines Group Travel Policy?
- United Airlines Name Change Policy
- United Airlines En Espanol
- Speak to a Live Person At United Airlines
- United Airlines Vacations Packages
- United Airlines Last Minute Flight Deals
- Red-eye flight on United Airlines
- How To Use United Credit From Cancelled Flight?
- How To Request United Reschedule Flight?
- United Upgrade With Miles
- United Delayed Flight Compensation
- What to do if United Future Flight Credit Not Working?
- United Airlines Refund Request
- United Airlines Purchase Miles
- Can I transfer United Airlines Tickets to Another Person?
- United Airlines Unaccompanied Minor